• Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    What's his wingspan ...

Must have stretched in the wash

Comment

What's his wingspan ...

When you let your kindergartener pick his outfit and he chooses his moms sweater
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Harsh. Lebron probably has more raw skill and physical prowess than both mj and Kobe, but he always feels like he's not really trying and ne er really lived up to those two, at least for me. Who knows. But ya, definately not as rough as the 80's/90's out there.
        Lol. Nope.
        MJ is arguably the most skillful player of all time.
        Passing is the only skill where LeBron beats him.
        MJ is even the better defender.
        LeBron is over rated on defense.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Lol. Nope.
          MJ is arguably the most skillful player of all time.
          Passing is the only skill where LeBron beats him.
          MJ is even the better defender.
          LeBron is over rated on defense.
          MJ played harder, all the time. Lebron, as much as I actually don't like him, is a very good defender when he actually tries, which is like 1 in 20 plays on defense.......
          Other than that stats wise they are very similar (almost shockingly identical actually), so I'm not sure you win the skillful argument......
          Love MJ, my favorite overall......

Comment

MJ played harder, all the time. Lebron, as much as I actually don't like him, is a very good defender when he actually tries, which is like 1 in 20 plays on defense.......
            Other than that stats wise they are very similar (almost shockingly identical actually), so I'm not sure you win the skillful argument......
            We judge them based on the available data.
            LeBron's passiveness isn't an excuse.
            I can also argue that he is saving his energy for offense, then that becomes extra points for MJ who played hard on both ends.
            Reality is LeBron isnt as quick footed like MJ, so he's not a good man defender.
            The glorified chase downs are eye candies that MJ was also great at.
            Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Nov 23, 2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Can’t compare eras, but one thing that clearly sticks out is that MJ competed against a much weaker global talent pool…. mostly Americans. Other than Hakeem, the best international players of his day were Detlef Schrempf, washed Sabonis and Toni Kukoc …. who was on his own team, lol.

Lebron had/has to compete against legit MVP caliber internationals like Nash, Duncan, Dirk, Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Luka, etc…. Then you have second tier guys like Siakam, Gasol brothers, Manu, Parker, Simmons, Gobert, and a bunch of Canadians in the next tier etc…

Comment

• This is the one situation that I don't understand and I also don't understand why nobody's talking about it. Why is John Wall not playing? and why is he ok with not playing?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

What's his wingspan ...

Looks like Kuzma is coming off the set of Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Can’t compare eras, but one thing that clearly sticks out is that MJ competed against a much weaker global talent pool…. mostly Americans. Other than Hakeem, the best international players of his day were Detlef Schrempf, washed Sabonis and Toni Kukoc …. who was on his own team, lol.

Lebron had/has to compete against legit MVP caliber internationals like Nash, Duncan, Dirk, Giannis, Jokic, Embiid, Luka, etc…. Then you have second tier guys like Siakam, Gasol brothers, Manu, Parker, Simmons, Gobert, and a bunch of Canadians in the next tier etc…
                    What..?
                    lol
                    What craziness is this?
                    Why single out the international players and not the entire NBA pool?
                    While LeBron competed with more international players, MJ competed against more great HOF American players!

Comment

What..?
                      lol
                      What craziness is this?
                      While LeBron competed with more international players, MJ competed against more great HOF American players!
                      I'm with Kage on this one, while you might have more pure talent these days you had to be a straight up warrior in Jordan's time. Lebron would have quit after one season against the Pistons.
                      Harder to score with lambeer punching you in the ribs every second play (and in the face twice a game).

Comment

• Hard to imagine LeBron not dominating in Jordan's era. He's a freak athlete in this era, they would have had no idea what to do with him back then.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          Hard to imagine LeBron not dominating in Jordan's era. He's a freak athlete in this era, they would have had no idea what to do with him back then.
                          My only issue with this argument is Lebron wouldn't be the same in an older era. Less sports science, older technology and so on. I doubt he would have the same physique he does now than he did back then. He spends millions taking care of himself apparently. Of course he would still be a superstar, no argument there. Just body wise he would look different.

Players like Jordan would probably play and look different in this era as well.

Comment

What..?
                            lol
                            What craziness is this?
                            HoF is relative to competitive pool of the era. I don't know the exact numbers, but let's say there were 10 million people playing basketball worldwide when Jordan played, which gets whittled down to 400 elite NBA players. And then, because of the NBA's savvy global marketing strategy (i.e. promoting Jordan, ironically), there are 50 million people playing worldwide today. The talent pool that Lebron had/has to beat out is 5 times more than what Jordan faced.

The fact that there are so many international MVP candidates these days is only used as an example that not only is there a higher number of NBA caliber players in the modern talent pool, but the quality is so much higher as well. So you could actually argue the opposite of what you stated; i.e., that MJ and all those old, bitter HoF'ers, faced lesser competition than what came after them.

The NBA shouldn't be different than any other competitive pool. You get more people in the pool, you have fiercer competition. That's not really an argument... that's just a statement of fact. The only argument you could hypothetically make is that Jordan's competitive drive was so high that he would have figured out a way to still be the best in this era.
                            Last edited by golden; Wed Nov 24, 2021, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

My only issue with this argument is Lebron wouldn't be the same in an older era. Less sports science, older technology and so on. I doubt he would have the same physique he does now than he did back then. He spends millions taking care of himself apparently. Of course he would still be a superstar, no argument there. Just body wise he would look different.

Players like Jordan would probably play and look different in this era as well.
                              Ah ok. I thought we were talking about how LeBron of this era would translate in Jordan's era. Like I said, I can't see how they could handle him back then.

Comment

I'm with Kage on this one, while you might have more pure talent these days you had to be a straight up warrior in Jordan's time. Lebron would have quit after one season against the Pistons.
                                Harder to score with lambeer punching you in the ribs every second play (and in the face twice a game).
                                LeBron would have gone off for 50 every time he played Lambeer. You are severely underestimating how much of an athletic advantage LeBron has over someone like Lambeer.

Comment

Working...
                                X