Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lets not forget that when Lebron made superteams, it was in response to the superteams already around. The Celtics were stacked. Those Spurs were stacked. And then the Warriors in the late 2010's.

Once Bird and Magic left, MJ never had to play against teams with 3 or 4 hall of famers, his team was always the most stacked team already in the mid 90s.
    Rodman was a role player.. he was never a super star. But I get your point. It's just any stacked team was built through good management, and not through player empowerment. I mean it sort of happened when Charles went to Phoenix. But Kevin Johnson and Dan Majerle were not Wade and Bosh.

Seattle, Houston and Utah had multiple hall of famers. The biggest reason for MJ's success was the East was just bad.. but Lebron was blessed there as well for a long time.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lol nice try Sixers
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• The Timberwolves are a sneaky good team.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Wait, I thought Miami was a "team" that was gritty they basically let Edwards stand over thier guy taunting like that? Crazy.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lets not forget that when Lebron made superteams, it was in response to the superteams already around. The Celtics were stacked. Those Spurs were stacked. And then the Warriors in the late 2010's.

Once Bird and Magic left, MJ never had to play against teams with 3 or 4 hall of famers, his team was always the most stacked team already in the mid 90s.
              Come now, the spurs were awesome but not a super team at all. All drafted talent.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

Come now, the spurs were awesome but not a super team at all. All drafted talent.
                They were a super team but by way of drafting well
                That Duncan, Robinson Combo for the first chip they had was nutty

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

They were a super team but by way of drafting well
                  That Duncan, Robinson Combo for the first chip they had was nutty
                  The year Robinson was injured, they tanked hard to get Duncan first overall which they did.

Duncan was the guy they build their whole team around and it got them 5 championships.

For those saying no to tanking, well sorry some teams don't have the luxury of attracting top shelf talent to come so they have to get everything right and be super opportunistic by either tanking hard for one season (if a high talent game changer player might be available at the draft), or/& accumulating lots of good pieces so you can trade for a great one, so everything from scouting to player development and to culture has to be at a tiptop level.

I believe both the Spurs and the Raptors have utilized that strategy and will continue to do so cause its the only thing that has and will continue to work for them.

Comment

Wait, I thought Miami was a "team" that was gritty they basically let Edwards stand over thier guy taunting like that? Crazy.
                    https://streamable.com/1x0wm3

Ant is not scared

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

The year Robinson was injured, they tanked hard to get Duncan first overall which they did.

Duncan was the guy they build their whole team around and it got them 5 championships.

For those saying no to tanking, well sorry some teams don't have the luxury of attracting top shelf talent to come so they have to get everything right and be super opportunistic by either tanking hard for one season (if a high talent game changer player might be available at the draft), or/& accumulating lots of good pieces so you can trade for a great one, so everything from scouting to player development and to culture has to be at a tiptop level.

I believe both the Spurs and the Raptors have utilized that strategy and will continue to do so cause its the only thing that has and will continue to work for them.
                      Correct. I agree with everything you have stated. That is why I feel like us getting Barnes is similar to the Spurs getting Duncan. It initiates our new era. We have enough of a core to be able to compete while that happens. We can also stick with the positionless approach and move forward by having Siakam as a part of the team moving forward unless some other better person comes along. The raptors having a middling draft pick this year continues to help us even if we make the play offs because it won't be a mid 20s pick. So that will be another injection of talent with out having to worry about having another #1. Basically we are rebuilding in the correct way. Maintaining a winning culture throughout.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                        Barnes is similar to the Spurs getting Duncan.
                        That is yet to be seen. Barnes could become THE GUY or he could be another really good supporting piece. Only time will tell. I do believe when the Raptors decided to tank hard at the end of the season they saw potential in 3 players in the draft they could possibly get their hands on, if the ping pong ball bounced in their favor that will help usher in the new era. I think Mobley was their number 1 choice but the chances they could get to him with their record was slim (was slated to be taken from 1 to 2 at the time ) . Barnes was their number 2 guy and it was 50-50 whether they could get him (obviously some teams scouting isnt that great lol). In all likelyhood they saw that the potential was high to get Josh Giddey as their 3rd choice so they rolled the dice either way.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

That is yet to be seen. Barnes could become THE GUY or he could be another really good supporting piece. Only time will tell. I do believe when the Raptors decided to tank hard at the end of the season they saw potential in 3 players in the draft they could possibly get their hands on, if the ping pong ball bounced in their favor that will help usher in the new era. I think Mobley was their number 1 choice but the chances they could get to him with their record was slim (was slated to be taken from 1 to 2 at the time ) . Barnes was their number 2 guy and it was 50-50 whether they could get him (obviously some teams scouting isnt that great lol). In all likelyhood they saw that the potential was high to get Josh Giddey as their 3rd choice so they rolled the dice either way.
                          oh they definitely decided to tank.

Comment

It's clear you never watched these games, more like lambeer would have had lebron crying on the bench after his first attempt at within 10 feet of the basket. And if he went around lambeer Rodman or Mahorn was waiting to knock you down as a common foul. They weren't waiting to bump you as you shot, they were straight up knocking you to the ground.

I'm not saying lebron has no skill, he in fact does, but the physicality of the game back then was football vs flag football now.

Also for me at least, I see mj as giving 100% almost all the time to get where he was, where as, at least from the outside, lebron looks like he's on cruise control half the game. Could he have been the goat? Sure, he had the skills set to do it.......but did he?
                            It's clear you're looking at these past eras with rose coloured glasses. The guys were slow, incredibly unskilled, and frankly, nowhere near as good at basketball as the 400 best players in the world are now. Do you think anyone would be able to play back then? Anyone who played positions 2-5 couldn't dribble more than three times before bouncing it off their foot. Point guards were under 6 feet and shot the ball like Ben Simmons. Sure there were great players, they would be great players today too. But there is no world where LeBron isn't a flat out superstar, championship contender, floor raiser etc. And the romanticized idea that the game was so damn physical back then is just not true. Go back and watch the games, MJ got star calls as much as anyone does today. Soft calls all the time, bad defence, so many things.

Also that last bit is just Stephen A Smith material. No point in addressing it.

Comment

• Wizards after their great start are 1-4 in the last 5 games

But what the Wizards endured on Thanksgiving Eve wasn’t entirely new. They lost for the fourth time over a five-game stretch — a span pock-marked by turnovers, double-digit deficits and lackluster results from the starting unit. Effort doesn’t appear to be the problem. A sudden inability to play how they want to play is the problem. The team has lost its defensive edge. Too often, it hinders itself with self-inflicted mistakes.

“We’re going the wrong way,” coach Wes Unseld Jr. told reporters. “So we have to find a way to kind of refocus and get back to who we need to be.”

All of this begs a question: What is the aberration, Washington’s 10-3 start or its 1-4 record over the last week?

No one on the team played his best Wednesday night, but it is also fair to pinpoint that the usual starting five of Spencer Dinwiddie, Bradley Beal, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Kyle Kuzma and Daniel Gafford have struggled over the past five games, getting outscored by 30 points per 100 possessions.
                              from Athletic

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                Wizards after their great start are 1-4 in the last 5 games

from Athletic
                                I never thought they were as good as their record showed. They'll probably be in the Playoffs but a middle to lower seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X