• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Dragic meet Kemba

I thought for a sec they will be switching teams

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

That's why he dropped in the draft. Same with OG. OG had knee issues back in college.
      Yea I remember. Clippers doctor I think it was tried to say he would never play again.
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• JV versus the Clips
        7 triples , 31 pts through 3rd Q.

There's the big man we're all looking for.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
          JV versus the Clips
          7 triples , 31 pts through 3rd Q.

There's the big man we're all looking for.
          no way new orleans gives him up right?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

no way new orleans gives him up right?
            No way.
            should've snagged him from Memphis

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

No way.
              should've snagged him from Memphis
              I think there is a chance we can snag Hayes away still.

Comment

That's why he dropped in the draft. Same with OG. OG had knee issues back in college.
                I never understood Denver "caving in" and giving Porter Jr max with his back history. Masai did a great job getting OG to agree to basically half the contract Porter got.
                Furthermore: Back injury tends to "be a bit more worrisome" than knee AND
                If injury was not a factor would you rather have OG or Porter at SAME money?
                Offense -maybe a slight edge Porter Jr, D -No contest, OG by a mile.
                What was the rush to give him max this year? Worst case scenario -all NBA this year, get an extra 20-30 mil next year. Nice problem to deal with. Still not going anywhere -RFA.

Comment

• Mapko wrote: View Post

I never understood Denver "caving in" and giving Porter Jr max with his back history. Masai did a great job getting OG to agree to basically half the contract Porter got.
                  Furthermore: Back injury tends to "be a bit more worrisome" than knee AND
                  If injury was not a factor would you rather have OG or Porter at SAME money?
                  Offense -maybe a slight edge Porter Jr, D -No contest, OG by a mile.
                  What was the rush to give him max this year? Worst case scenario -all NBA this year, get an extra 20-30 mil next year. Nice problem to deal with. Still not going anywhere -RFA.
                  I believe it was an ACL tear specifically not just random knee swelling. I also dont understand Denvers move. They had no reason to do this. The only reason to ever prematurely extend a guy is you either think you can get him for a team friendly deal like OG or you dont want to risk losing him in free agency. In the case of MOST RFA's who aren't going to be maxed by their own teams I don't understand this logic. It also ties up your future cap space.

Comment

• Miami loses 2nd round pick for tampering
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Miami loses 2nd round pick for tampering
                      Had hoped that pick might come our way since we were the ones that lost any leverage with flipping Dragic because of all that, but no.

Glad they didn't see fit to penalize us at least, I guess. That would've been outrageous.

Rough day for Miami... just saw that Bam needs to have surgery on his thumb. Yikes.
                      That hurts their (Kyle's) championship aspirations.

Not sure what a timeline looks like yet... I'd have to imagine he'll be back this year... but not sure when.

(edit -- sounds like maybe 4-6 weeks)
                      Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Wed Dec 1, 2021, 04:15 PM.

Comment

worst avatar ever.

And that's saying something.

Comment

Miamis next 2nd round pick is in 2028.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Miami reaction:

Comment

• I know they lost to the Suns last night and the Suns have now won what, 17 straight? impressive but nothing really changed imo. The Warriors are still the team to beat. People need to realize, the Warriors will get the BEST 2 guard in the NBA, an all time great in Klay Thompson in a couple of weeks. That is huge. They will also get Wiseman back later in the year. Another impact rotation player.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

I know they lost to the Suns last night and the Suns have now won what, 17 straight? impressive but nothing really changed imo. The Warriors are still the team to beat. People need to realize, the Warriors will get the BEST 2 guard in the NBA, an all time great in Klay Thompson in a couple of weeks. That is huge. They will also get Wiseman back later in the year. Another impact rotation player.
                                I agree getting Wiseman back will probably be good for them, but as of now, he's not an impact rotation player. The team is a hell of a lot better this year, though, and expectations for him individually are very different so he should find it easier to fit in. I agree though, I think we saw the two best teams in the league play last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X