Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big boi wrote: View Post

Okay, well that's a very different prospect. I can maybe understand why OKC might trade Shai for a first overall, but we don't have a first overall to trade.
    Well, next year Shai max deal kicks in and he goes from 5 million to 30 million, and it rises each year after that. We'll see OKC's appetite to write those cheques, because they've been notoriously cheap in the past
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• So is Myles Turner better than Jusuf Nurkic? I would give Chris Boucher-Precious and Flynn for Nurk
      Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Dec 8, 2021, 01:54 PM.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Well, next year Shai max deal kicks in and he goes from 5 million to 30 million, and it rises each year after that. We'll see OKC's appetite to write those cheques, because they've been notoriously cheap in the past
        Perhaps. Which would explain their asking price of a 1st overall pick. I guess if we're in the lottery and somehow luck out and get the 1st overall pick then it could be a worthwhile discussion.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          So is Myles Turner better than Jusuf Nurkic? I would give Chris Boucher-Precious and Flynn for Nurk
          Yes he is better but not by a lot, Nurkic defense is very underrated

Comment

• It sounds like Indy wants to start over meaning high draft picks. Raps likely won't have a high pick in the draft this year, so not sure how they could acquire Turner.

I wonder how much truth there is to the OKC/Shai rumors. Seems like the type of young, high potential player you would want to have on the roster if you are attempting to rebuild.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              It sounds like Indy wants to start over meaning high draft picks. Raps likely won't have a high pick in the draft this year, so not sure
              As others have mentioned, it's not likely that the league's worst teams will trade their 1st for Turner.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yes he is better but not by a lot, Nurkic defense is very underrated
                I'd rather have nurkic

Comment

As others have mentioned, it's not likely that the league's worst teams will trade their 1st for Turner.
                  I think Turner has the same value Serge Ibaka did when we got him from Orlando. And that cost us Ross and a pick in the mid 20's.

If they want a lottery pick it will be for Sabonis, not Turner.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                    I'd rather have nurkic
                    He's 2 years older, more injury prone, can't shoot 3s, and doesn't defend nearly as well

Turner doesn't need the ball to be effective, he also scores more efficiently than Nurk, higher eFG, TS%.

I just think Turner fits everything we are trying to do here, long, rangy, wingpsan, athleticism, mid 20s. Give him 30 minutes, give Birch 18, and our center position is locked in and taken care of.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think Turner has the same value Serge Ibaka did when we got him from Orlando. And that cost us Ross and a pick in the mid 20's.

If thats his value, I think Precious, Flynn and a 2024 pick would get it done. Thats a trade I'd do in a heartbeat.

Sabonis is definitely the better individual player of the two, but Turner has a better fit on most teams.

Comment

Not at the top of the draft that's true, but I would think they could get a late lottery pick for Turner. Or am I over valuing him?

Comment

Not at the top of the draft that's true, but I would think they could get a late lottery pick for Turner. Or am I over valuing him?
                          Nobody really knows his value, and we've seen responses here all over the map. And at the end of the day, a players value is only what the highest bidder is willing to give. There's a ton of parity this year which probably helps a selling team. Can Turner fetch a lotto pick? Maybe. Or will the offers stink? Maybe that too. Nurkic as others mentioned may also be available, and his own teammate Sabonis, maybe a Steven Adams, and Wiseman , Porzingis, there could be lots of serviceable youngish bigs available this deadline and offseason which could depress the value.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Turner is younger, I guess it would be key if we could extend him and turn him in to a long term asset. Something like Precious, Flynn, 1st was suggested as value going back (To my mind at least this makes sense if we think we can have a good balance to the season, get in to the playoffs / our pick doesn't project to be a top pick).

After our next few games, where it's reasonable to expect we could be a game over or under .500, we have a tough stretch over the holidays. Nets, Bulls, Warriors, (magic), Bulls, Cavs, 76ers, Clips. Can we stay around .500, will we get OG and Birch back for some of those games? After those games we'll be 35 games through the season. What will our pick look like then? Maybe it will project to be too valuable - maybe if we continue to be unhealthy, and we're well off the pace, wins this season will start to look less important in the scheme of things - so then a trade for someone like Turner probably makes less sense.

It sure would be nice to get healthy for a stretch so we can see what we have and evaluate based off of that.

Comment

Would you give up 14th pick for Turner ? And he has two years left on his deal..
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Salary wise it would help. Blake Murphy also outlined that GTJ would likely need to be attached to make it work along with other pieces.

It would be beyond salary filler because of his age and how he has played OVERALL this season. I also think yes it would require giving up at least 3 picks. Would I do it? Yes without question. I would include this year's pick as well
                                Raps need to be able to absorb 30M in salary in trade rules, but would only be taking in Shai's 5M this year really. Dragic as the centrepiece, plus Precious and Flynn as obvious prospect inclusions, is 24.2M. That by itself is enough for salary matching.

I'd be happy to include GTJ in such a trade but I doubt OKC would be much happier with it than with Dragic coming back. And if swapping GTJ in for Dragic wouldn't save the Raps a pick or two in the deal I doubt they do it.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X