Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Silver SHOULD cancel it.
    A team with more scrubs than starters is not an NBA team.
    It's not fair however you look at it.
    The Heat were winning games recently with more scrubs than starters. That starter was Lowry, though.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Since its spreading throughout the team, they probably will get it at some point.
      No. The whole thing makes zero sense. Banton was the first Raptor to be put in protocols right? I can't rememebr who their opponent was but he played in the 1st half of that game. He didn't play in the 2nd half because he wasn't feeling well. That's what the Raptors PR said. So if you follow the rules, they should've put the whole team and the whole coaching staff and also the whole team that they played against in protocols because they ALL came in contact with Banton.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

No. The whole thing makes zero sense. Banton was the first Raptor to be put in protocols right? I can't rememebr who their opponent was but he played in the 1st half of that game. He didn't play in the 2nd half because he wasn't feeling well. That's what the Raptors PR said. So if you follow the rules, they should've put the whole team and the whole coaching staff and also the whole team that they played against in protocols because they ALL came in contact with Banton.
        except they just said he was sick non-covid. it was till a few days later he was actually put in protocols
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• First IT, and now Iso Joe! He's back...

Comment

Well that isn't how it works for NBA teams. If that was the case, every player on the team, the opposing team and every staff and person that came in contact would also be put in protocol. Not sure who Precious came in contact with when he was out, but in general players don't get put in protocols unless they catch it themselves I guess.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
              First IT, and now Iso Joe! He's back...

Time to ask Vince to come out retirement for a 10 day contract

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                First IT, and now Iso Joe! He's back...

Back to isolating on a court rather than home
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

except they just said he was sick non-covid. it was till a few days later he was actually put in protocols
                  Ok. So just replaced Banton with Siakam then. He's the second Raptor to be put in protocols right? i'm pretty sure he came in contact with all his teammates and coaches.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Time to ask Vince to come out retirement for a 10 day contract
                    TMac!

Comment

Ok. So just replaced Banton with Siakam then. He's the second Raptor to be put in protocols right? i'm pretty sure he came in contact with all his teammates and coaches.
                      That's why they test often. You don't always test positive right away. Also, depending on the test they use, you can get a false negative one day and test positive the following day. It's quite understandable that different guys who were all in contact with each other at the same time could test positive at different times.

Comment

Well that isn't how it works for NBA teams. If that was the case, every player on the team, the opposing team and every staff and person that came in contact would also be put in protocol. Not sure who Precious came in contact with when he was out, but in general players don't get put in protocols unless they catch it themselves I guess.
                        If one player is in protocol or one player test positive then the whole team should be in protocols. It's just common sense. That's why I don't understand this whole "he came in contact with" Siakam came in contact with everyone. These guys are in the same lockerroom, they sit the same bench. Some of them probably hang out together.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

That's why they test often. You don't always test positive right away. Also, depending on the test they use, you can get a false negative one day and test positive the following day. It's quite understandable that different guys who were all in contact with each other at the same time could test positive at different times.
                          This is all correct but when you read it closely and really think about it.....

Comment

If one player is in protocol or one player test positive then the whole team should be in protocols. It's just common sense. That's why I don't understand this whole "he came in contact with" Siakam came in contact with everyone. These guys are in the same lockerroom, they sit the same bench. Some of them probably hang out together.
                            They also test fairly often, so if a player was in contact with someone who tested positive, but they tested negative, they probably still play.

Obviously with the outbreak going around now, everyone is testing positive regardless.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

that is exactly why this thing is tough to tackle.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I think I get what you're saying, but knowing who is carrying the virus is a good thing, whether they are likely to get sick or not - and while it sounds so far like most will not get super sick with this variant, it's not 100% (Jon Feliciano of the Buffalo Bills ended up in emerg). The risk, as has been mentioned before, is not just to you, but to those you come into contact with - and those people may not do as well with the virus as you do, may end up in hospital, even if only for a short time, or worst case, end up in ICU, costing the system and us as taxpayers way more than if we had kept community transmission low. Add to that the fact there is no immunity from having had COVID in the past (tons of double-vaxxed are still getting it), it's always a good idea to keep an eye on hospitalizations and ICU occupancy, which strain the healthcare system for everyone.

Vaccines (incl. boosters) are the way out. The only way out. Until the vax rates are such that mutation is slowed (ie. until only the unvaxxed are hosts for mutation), there will be more variants, and more boosters required.

But testing helps deal with outbreaks in a more rational, scientific way.

Comment

Working...
                                X