Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    First IT, and now Iso Joe! He's back...

Also Lance Stephenson is back. This is kinda fun, like an nhl legends tour when gordie howe used to come skate around once a year
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• For real though, hard to separate the two at this point, but this thread is getting out of hand. C'mon guys. There's a thread for COVID talk with plenty of good contributions (and not so good contributions I suppose). Lol

Let's try and keep this about ball where possible.

Comment

• Brandon Knight signed by the Mavs on a 10-day hardship deal.

Wtf is a 'hardship' deal? That doesn't sound fun

Comment

• Come to think of it.
          If we can manage to stay healthy , we might still have a chance to make it to the playoffs and potentially contend for the championship!

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
            Come to think of it.
            If we can manage to stay healthy , we might still have a chance to make it to the playoffs and potentially contend for the championship!
            Depending on the matchups and health. We could be a live dog come playoffs. Aside from Brooklyn and Bucks i could see us knocking off any team in the east if things fall our way. Dont see a finals run but could have the upset of the playoffs
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• So they've officially cancelled the Bulls game. Gotta wonder when Raps will play again?

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Apparently these new signing have to return 5 negative test before joining the team... always a chance you get a false positive when taking that many tests. Idk.. maybe they actually tested positive. But 5 tests seems like alot
                Nah, that's not before joining the team. They have to have one negative test before joining the team, and then negative tests every day for the first 5 days they are there, before switching to match the same testing scheme as everyone else.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Brandon Knight signed by the Mavs on a 10-day hardship deal.

They introduced hardship contracts, which are 10-day contracts to replace players who are in protocols, and the salary of which will not count against the cap or tax, the team just has to pay the players.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Brandon Knight signed by the Mavs on a 10-day hardship deal.

Hawks used the same clause to sign Lance Stephenson, and Celtics for Iso Joe.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Nah, that's not before joining the team. They have to have one negative test before joining the team, and then negative tests every day for the first 5 days they are there, before switching to match the same testing scheme as everyone else.
                      Nick Nurse is probably going ballistic.

Nick needs to see a player playing well in several full team practices before even thinking of giving him some actual minutes in a blow out game.

This whole Covid thing is going to put a big squeeze on his philosophy.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Nick Nurse is probably going ballistic.

Nick needs to see a player playing well in several full team practices before even thinking of giving him some actual minutes in a blow out game.

This whole Covid thing is going to put a big squeeze on his philosophy.
                        I'm sure he's happy the games keep getting postponed, given that alternative.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                          For real though, hard to separate the two at this point, but this thread is getting out of hand. C'mon guys. There's a thread for COVID talk with plenty of good contributions (and not so good contributions I suppose). Lol

Let's try and keep this about ball where possible.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I'm sure he's happy the games keep getting postponed, given that alternative.
                            So am I.

Given the disruptions & protocols there is no way this team is going to be ready to face the Cavs this Sunday either even if a few players do manage to return (Pascal and Dalano lol) or 76'ers on Tuesday. Raps will be taking the L on both games if forced to play unless these two opponents also find themselves in bad a covid outbreak situation.

Maybe Friday the 31 against the Clippers will be the date where most of their players will return but not enough time of practice and preparations will go into that.
                            Last edited by Hotshot; Wed Dec 22, 2021, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

I think I get what you're saying, but knowing who is carrying the virus is a good thing, whether they are likely to get sick or not - and while it sounds so far like most will not get super sick with this variant, it's not 100% (Jon Feliciano of the Buffalo Bills ended up in emerg). The risk, as has been mentioned before, is not just to you, but to those you come into contact with - and those people may not do as well with the virus as you do, may end up in hospital, even if only for a short time, or worst case, end up in ICU, costing the system and us as taxpayers way more than if we had kept community transmission low. Add to that the fact there is no immunity from having had COVID in the past (tons of double-vaxxed are still getting it), it's always a good idea to keep an eye on hospitalizations and ICU occupancy, which strain the healthcare system for everyone.

Vaccines (incl. boosters) are the way out. The only way out. Until the vax rates are such that mutation is slowed (ie. until only the unvaxxed are hosts for mutation), there will be more variants, and more boosters required.

But testing helps deal with outbreaks in a more rational, scientific way.
                              At first I read tax rates at the end and got scared.

Comment

• Like I said last season, this season will not be all ….

Rainbows and Unicorns

Comment

Working...
                                X