Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    I got next thread. It going to be short and sweet like the last. Be prepared
    Was that it?

Comment

• Boucher for 50, shoots 27 3 pointers.

Comment

• Oh shit Boucher really going to shoot the ball 40 times tomorrow. Smfh.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I got next thread. It going to be short and sweet like the last. Be prepared
          This could be the game thread

Comment

Or who does no one like to hang out with. SVI and Yuta seem to be unscathed
            More likely its AND not OR for who hangs out with these two
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
              Also his nbc link is a few weeks old, a lot has happened since then. But even if the nbc numbers were true 1/43 hospitalized would mean 232 in ontario would be hospitalized from today since it was almost 10,000 infections yesterday. 232 to the hospital. But kagemusha dont care he too cool to care 😜
              My favourite cosmonaut...playing "what if" is a wildly subjective game. I know. My predictions on NBA outcomes bear testament to that.

What we can see... despite the incessant bleating from mainstream toronto centric media editors is that today... boxing day..... ICU admissions are at their lowest since October. Before we were made aware of the Omnicron strain and when it began to move about the population as an air borne virus.

Time for a little more courage and a little less pearl clutching dont you think ?
              As always... take your own council on what precautions you want to take ... they are light years better than the omnipresent TV Doctors and never on the wrong side of a political wind canadian pols. .

Lockdown anyone.

Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Dec 26, 2021, 01:46 PM.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

My favourite cosmonaut...playing "what if" is a wildly subjective game. I know. My predictions on NBA outcomes bear testament to that.

What we can see... despite the incessant bleating from mainstream toronto centric media editors is that today... boxing day..... ICU admissions are at their lowest since October. Before we were made aware of the Omnicron strain and when it began to move about the population as an air borne virus.

Time for a little more courage and a little less pearl clutching dont you think ?
                As always... take your own council on what precautions you want to take ... they are light years better than the omnipresent TV Doctors and never on the wrong side of a political wind canadian pols. .

Lockdown anyone.
                I know hospitalizations/icu’s have not gone up so much considering the case counts off the charts growth hope it stays that way of course. I was just using kagemush’s numbers since he posted them

Comment

• Yes hoping the hospitizations stay low, and that there is no delay from initial infection to getting much sicker, time will tell in the next 2-3 weeks.

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
                    Yes hoping the hospitizations stay low, and that there is no delay from initial infection to getting much sicker, time will tell in the next 2-3 weeks.
                    There's now a lot of doctors saying case count is no longer the metric we should be looking at as it no longer correlates to hospitalization and deaths so we should only look at hospitalizations and deaths. Case count used to be predictive and we knew if cases were up the other two would follow but with omicron and vaccinated individuals that is no longer the case. Basically no one who is vaccinated and gets omicron needs to go the hospital. Looking very much like a turning point in the pandemic. Hopefully Canada Health officials are paying attention and have policy match the outcomes. Can't believe you guys are about to be locked down again. So stupid.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

There's now a lot of doctors saying case count is no longer the metric we should be looking at as it no longer correlates to hospitalization and deaths so we should only look at hospitalizations and deaths. Case count used to be predictive and we knew if cases were up the other two would follow but with omicron and vaccinated individuals that is no longer the case. Basically no one who is vaccinated and gets omicron needs to go the hospital. Looking very much like a turning point in the pandemic. Hopefully Canada Health officials are paying attention and have policy match the outcomes. Can't believe you guys are about to be locked down again. So stupid.
                      It's yet to be proven the final effect omicron will have on the health care system, makes more sense to be proactive than "hope" it doesn't collapse. If it flushes out that there is no effect and the overall effect is minimal, I would expect to have things lifted.

Comment

I actually stated that a few pages back. It is an old metric that is useless. Hospitalization rate and mortality rate are the only ones right now. In fact I am hoping that they stop touting case rates.

Hospitalization rates also help tell you the severity. As you said, "no one who is vaccinated and gets omicron needs to go the hospital" The hospitalization rate overall is way down compared to delta. 1.7% in the early data. I haven't looked recently though.

Comment

Can't allow those boosters go to waste.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

I actually stated that a few pages back. It is an old metric that is useless. Hospitalization rate and mortality rate are the only ones right now. In fact I am hoping that they stop touting case rates.

Hospitalization rates also help tell you the severity. As you said, "no one who is vaccinated and gets omicron needs to go the hospital" The hospitalization rate overall is way down compared to delta. 1.7% in the early data. I haven't looked recently though.
                            Agreed and the real hospitalization rate is way lower than how it appears as we don't have the accurate total number of cases any more. Lots of vaccinated people are positive and either don't know it or are testing positive on a rapid test and isolating at home until they are better.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Can't allow those boosters go to waste.
                              ... boosters.... ugh do you even understand how the vaccine works honestly? Just curious?

Comment

• Dvdvideo wrote: View Post

It's yet to be proven the final effect omicron will have on the health care system, makes more sense to be proactive than "hope" it doesn't collapse. If it flushes out that there is no effect and the overall effect is minimal, I would expect to have things lifted.
                                we gotta remain hopeful that is what we can do

Comment

Working...
                                X