X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• christain koloko

zach eddy

early draft talk

i think these 2 centers we need to target and trade for a shooting guard.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post

christain koloko

zach eddy

early draft talk

on the bench i'd love either a playmaking wing. Doesn't have to be a point guard. Or a scorer. If not grab a center.

Comment

christain koloko

zach eddy

early draft talk

LOL, that kid from Purdue looked like he was 2 feet taller than the tallest player on the other team.

I hope Raps trade for a C or can find a guy like Mobley that is NBA ready. These raw prospects take a long time to develop and I don't know if the Raps have time for that since they want to be competitive in the next couple of years.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

on the bench i'd love either a playmaking wing. Doesn't have to be a point guard. Or a scorer. If not grab a center.
          we have banton, flynn , barnes why on earth we need yet another point guard. how many wings do we need lmao. we had our chance to get a scorer in the draft boston was right there for the taking. its center time

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

LOL, that kid from Purdue looked like he was 2 feet taller than the tallest player on the other team.

I hope Raps trade for a C or can find a guy like Mobley that is NBA ready. These raw prospects take a long time to develop and I don't know if the Raps have time for that since they want to be competitive in the next couple of years.
            zach is a monster right now he is the only unstoppable center i have seen in college

Comment

zach is a monster right now he is the only unstoppable center i have seen in college
              I don't know if he's a Raps type of player though. If he can't guard the perimeter and get back to defend at the rim then it's going to be hard for him to catch our scouting teams eyes.

To be honest out of the two video clips, it was #4 from Arizona that caught my eyes. He's active on defense and all arms.

Comment

we have banton, flynn , barnes why on earth we need yet another point guard. how many wings do we need lmao. we had our chance to get a scorer in the draft boston was right there for the taking. its center time
                Flynn can't score consistently and Banton is in his first year.

If you reread what I wrote, I said it doesn't need to be a point guard. In fact I don't want another point guard. I want a backup wing. Either a shooting guard, or a small forward type. You can never have enough playmaking and passers on a team.

I agree if there is a good center to take sure. But I don't want to make a big big reach where the talent drop off occurs just to take a center. Always ALWAYS take BPA. Jaden Hardy is interesting. He is young. He can shoot. We need a scorer off the bench if its not a future starting center.

Banton is a point guard at heart but he is also able to play other positions. Banton and Scottie play well together but that group needs a proper scorer. OR they need a center who is able to be good and good right away.

Not saying I'm all the way out on flynn but my guess is he isn't going to be part of the team in two years.

Also Nikola Jovic.

Comment

• This is great to see. Dirk is the most underappreciated superstar of all time imo. He's EASILY a top 15 player of all time. His performance in the 2011 playoffs was one of the most impressive runs in NBA history yet the whole talk after the 2011 Finals was how Wade, LeBron and Bosh lost instead of how they got outplayed by Dirk.

How underrated/underappreciated is Dirk? a lot of the national media guys talk about Anthony Davis as a better player than Dirk lol. AD is nowhere near in the same level as Dirk.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Edey is huge. Apparently, he is still growing. I remember there were stories when he played hockey cause he was like 6'6 when he was 12. He's a very good athlete for his size, too. He's only been playing basketball for a handful of years. Obviously, a guy that size is going to have mobility issues cause it's hard to move around that much bulk and injuries will be a concern. No reason he can't be a back-up big in the NBA, though.

Comment

• Hope Edey can make the national team. A guy that big will be great for international ball. Not sure how well he does in the NBA though. Likely has a career like Fall or Boban.

Comment

• Just throwing this out there....Demarcus Cousins will be waived by the Bucks by Friday. I use to think there was no way I would want this guy, but could be the beef we need in the playoffs?
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          Just throwing this out there....Demarcus Cousins will be waived by the Bucks by Friday. I use to think there was no way I would want this guy, but could be the beef we need in the playoffs?
                          Raps are anti-vet-ters.

Comment

• We don't need a center anyway.. we need a backup point guard if anything. But we're also not really buyers. We'd rather bring in young kids to give them a chance over vets.

Also there is the tax issue. Bringing in Cousins will mean we become a tax team. Would have to make a trade first, or buyout Dragic (and his buyout amount is significant enough to help us move forward).

Comment

• Just saw this.. OMG the Refs are something:

Comment

I don't know if he's a Raps type of player though. If he can't guard the perimeter and get back to defend at the rim then it's going to be hard for him to catch our scouting teams eyes.

To be honest out of the two video clips, it was #4 from Arizona that caught my eyes. He's active on defense and all arms.
                                raps adjusted their defence for gasol he never left the key. same defence concept here if you draft zach.

raps are not signing, trading for or drafting a unicorn center. we too good to be the worst team in the league, players like that dont get traded and as MU this is not a free agent destination

we dont have much options

Comment

Working...
                                X