Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Just saw this.. OMG the Refs are something:

Lowry was tearing a strip into him about 10 minutes before this when he got his first tech. "Awful call, terrible, just brutal, BRUUUTUAL" Y'know, typical "Lowry and the refs" stuff. Then I found out this guy is a rookie ref, being openly ridiculed by a 15 year vet on his ability to officiate. Seems like it really hit home to him, because as soon as he had the first opportunity, he threw Lowry a 2nd tech. Clear grudge being held.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Lowry was tearing a strip into him about 10 minutes before this when he got his first tech. "Awful call, terrible, just brutal, BRUUUTUAL" Y'know, typical "Lowry and the refs" stuff. Then I found out this guy is a rookie ref, being openly ridiculed by a 15 year vet on his ability to officiate. Seems like it really hit home to him, because as soon as he had the first opportunity, he threw Lowry a 2nd tech. Clear grudge being held.
      I watched the game and the refs had zero control from the tip. There were a lot of questionable calls/non-calls straightaway and the teams (both were desperate for a win after some losses) were amped up and then clearly frustrated. Everyone was on edge and emotions were high. Herro and Nurkic both got ejected late for an altercation as well. Ref made an impulsive decision but Lowry knew exactly what he was doing, too. He threw the ball just hard enough where it was right on the line but was also meant to send a message.

Fun fact, my mother-in-law taught the ref: Matt Kallio.

Comment

• Not ball but its MLSE...didn’t realize the newest TFC player Insigne was so small. 5’4” 130 lbs. The Atomic Ant might be back too. Theres a duo. Awesome!

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

I watched the game and the refs had zero control from the tip. There were a lot of questionable calls/non-calls straightaway and the teams (both were desperate for a win after some losses) were amped up and then clearly frustrated. Everyone was on edge and emotions were high. Herro and Nurkic both got ejected late for an altercation as well. Ref made an impulsive decision but Lowry knew exactly what he was doing, too. He threw the ball just hard enough where it was right on the line but was also meant to send a message.

Fun fact, my mother-in-law taught the ref: Matt Kallio.
          Yea think alot of new refs right now. Refs are getting rocked by covid protocol too
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            We don't need a center anyway.. we need a backup point guard if anything. But we're also not really buyers. We'd rather bring in young kids to give them a chance over vets.

Also there is the tax issue. Bringing in Cousins will mean we become a tax team. Would have to make a trade first, or buyout Dragic (and his buyout amount is significant enough to help us move forward).
            Yes. I agree with this. I'm fine with Precious as the starting C going forward. He just needs to work on his finishing under the rim.

What we need is a starting 2 guard, a backup PG and and an NBA caliber bench.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              This is great to see. Dirk is the most underappreciated superstar of all time imo. He's EASILY a top 15 player of all time. His performance in the 2011 playoffs was one of the most impressive runs in NBA history yet the whole talk after the 2011 Finals was how Wade, LeBron and Bosh lost instead of how they got outplayed by Dirk.

How underrated/underappreciated is Dirk? a lot of the national media guys talk about Anthony Davis as a better player than Dirk lol. AD is nowhere near in the same level as Dirk.

That 2011 team went through the Lakers, Thunder, and Heat in order. Kobe, KD, Lebron. Pretty great run.

Comment

• Raps took Flynn 29th overall.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                  Raps took Flynn 29th overall.

Negative wingspan. Masai has a fetish.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Negative wingspan. Masai has a fetish.
                    His wings are still bigger than Eric Flynns sons.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• They believed those comparisons to FVV
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        They believed those comparisons to FVV
                        They also drafted Banton because "Freddie loved him" during the pre-draft workouts.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

They also drafted Banton because "Freddie loved him" during the pre-draft workouts.
                          they were talking about Fred Hoidberg his coach loving him.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I want to will this Knicks comeback into existence

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              I want to will this Knicks comeback into existence
                              Fournier going supernova. Been a fun half

Comment

• R.J keep that childhood Celtics hatred and kills the Celtics for us!

Comment

Working...
                                X