Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Hard to say.

Dragic is a vet and probably could have adjusted somewhat (whatever he did, it worked fairly well in Miami & they also value many of the things the Raptors do). I mean Chris Boucher looked absolutely terrible early on when he tried to replicate his last year success by being a 3 & D guy but the only problem it wasn't working. Now Boucher adjusted his game and became useful again by sticking to mostly being an energy guy who scores in transition when the opponent defense is in a state of flux. I am sure Dragic defense is probably bad but he can still be competent shooter and would have helped the bench at times when the offense simply dried out.
    In terms of boucher. I honestly don't think he adjusted this is justs his normal thing. Let me take that back slightly. He has played better but overall I still do not trust him. Do I think the Dragic situation is 80% on him. I do. I do not blame management for it. I also am not mad we didn't do a trade to get dwight powell because I don't want a player who is going to be mediocre at best clogging up the books for longer than a year at this point.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

In terms of boucher. I honestly don't think he adjusted this is justs his normal thing. Let me take that back slightly. He has played better but overall I still do not trust him.
      I agree.

Boucher in the playoffs won't give you much. I prefer a more measured steady hand with a higher BBIQ (like Yuta) instead of the feast or famine you get with Boucher.

This is why I think and hope what you will get with a DJ Wilson will be better long terms instead of the uncertainty we usually get.

Comment

• I thought Dragic was pretty clearly dogging it a bit (or was just completely incompatible with the scheme) defensively when he did play. All things considered, seems like the team doesn't want him and he doesn't want to be here. They gave him some minutes early (probably begrudgingly) and he begrudgingly played them. Common sense to just send him away. They wanted a long look at Banton and Flynn, and have gotten most of that (Flynn basically playing himself out of consideration, Banton managed to full on hit the rookie wall, which hopefully some 905 time can help him overcome), and now they are getting a valuable look at Barnes as a backup PG in a monster lineup. None of that happens with Dragic here eating minutes.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Here's the question that I have: how come no one's talking about Andrew Wiggins and the season that he's having? I'm talking about the Canadian media here. Wiggins was one of the most hyped up prospect ever. Toronto media hyped him up like crazy during his draft year. Now that he's about to make his 1st all star team, all you hear is crickets. Why is that? what if it's SGA or Murray or Barrett?
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Here's the question that I have: how come no one's talking about Andrew Wiggins and the season that he's having? I'm talking about the Canadian media here. Wiggins was one of the most hyped up prospect ever. Toronto media hyped him up like crazy during his draft year. Now that he's about to make his 1st all star team, all you hear is crickets. Why is that? what if it's SGA or Murray or Barrett?
            He ain't making no all star team.

Rudy, Jokic, Lebron, Towns, Green, Curry, Luka, Ja, CP3, Mitchell, Book, SGA, Lillard. There's 13 ahead of him off the top of my head
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• He is 4th in voting but he won't make it. Good for him though. He found a role on the Warriors.

Comment

• And to answer the question about the crickets, Canada's passing on Wiggins after he passed on Canada multiple international tourneys. Murray has shown a lot more loyalty

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Rudy, Jokic, Lebron, Towns, Green, Curry, Luka, Ja, CP3, Mitchell, Book, SGA, Lillard. There's 13 ahead of him off the top of my head
                  i would have wiggins in the same group as lillard and ahead of SGA, personally, but would have all of them behind paul george.

wiggins, lillard, and ayton deserve consideration as injury replacements i think. i would have had lillard firmly out of it a few weeks ago but he had a pretty monster december after being awful to start the season, and is looking more like himself.

Comment

We'll see. I think he's a lock.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i would have wiggins in the same group as lillard and ahead of SGA, personally, but would have all of them behind paul george.

wiggins, lillard, and ayton deserve consideration as injury replacements i think. i would have had lillard firmly out of it a few weeks ago but he had a pretty monster december after being awful to start the season, and is looking more like himself.
                      I guess it comes down to, do you value the 3rd guy on a winner more than the top guy on a lotto team? I think SGA has a harder job, whereas I think a lot of guys could slide into wiggins role and look pretty damn good doing so.

I will give it up to his defense and his shot making though, he's done his job to a tee. Scary to picture that team adding klay Thompson at the 2 spot, my God. Feels 2016ish all over again.

Comment

I guess it comes down to, do you value the 3rd guy on a winner more than the top guy on a lotto team? I think SGA has a harder job, whereas I think a lot of guys could slide into wiggins role and look pretty damn good doing so.

I will give it up to his defense and his shot making though, he's done his job to a tee. Scary to picture that team adding klay Thompson at the 2 spot, my God. Feels 2016ish all over again.
                        to me it's kind of a tie between them and and tie's go to the player on the (much) better team. i'm not sure whether it's harder to carry a bad team or be an extremely valuable third banana on a great one. SGA's numbers look pretty similar (albeit better) than some of wiggins' t-wolves numbers.

i don't think you need to be on a winner to make the all-star team or anything, but i do think they need to separate themselves by having a pretty exceptional season (like trae young, or KAT). i don't see SGA's candidacy all that much differently than JV's, or ingram's, or dejounte murray, etc. and i don't think any of those guys will get any consideration.

yeah GS looks all the way back to their pre-durant prowess. i don't even think they need klay to contend for a title, but if he's like 80% of what he was in 2019 then it's over.

Comment

• Btw, when I said Wiggins is a lock. I wasn't talking about him being a lock to make the all star team as a reserve. He's a lock to be a starter.

All you need to do is look at the first return. He's in 4th place - 70,000 votes behind Paul George. Paul George is out indefinitely. So Wiggins will easily surpass him.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• My early all-stars go to:

East starters: Embiid, Giannis, KD, DeMar, Harden
                            Reserves: Allen (F), Butler (F), Middleton (F), LaVine (G), VanVleet (G)
                            Extras: Ball, Brown

Will be some wild snubs. I have Young, Garland, Holiday and Lowry as snubs but I'm a homer. I think the winning teams deserve to get a guy in there over losing teams. So favouring VanVleet over Young. Cavs/Heat already get a guy.. they don't need 2. Bucks already have 2 guys as well so don't get Jrue.

The F depth in the East kind of sucks, and you have to have 3 guys as reserves. I think if a Celtic makes it it should be Brown over Tatum. But one of them makes it. Maybe Tatum as a F reserve. Snub Brown. Then use someone like Trae as a replacement in the Extra column. Charlotte should have someone so including Ball. Wizards get shafted. Maybe put in Beal over Brown. Not sure on that one. I do think Fred gets in. He's been the best Raptor, and we're crawling up the standings.

West Starters: Jokic, Lebron, George, Curry, Doncic
                            West Reserves: Gobert (F), KAT (F), Draymond (F), Morant (G), Paul (G)
                            Extra: Booker, Mitchell

Not many snubs here.. you can make a case for Lillard or Davis but both have been hurt and their teams suck (well Lakers are mediocre). You get 2 guys from the Suns, Warriors and Jazz who are the cream of the crop in the West.. and then one guy from all playoff/play-in teams right now (except for the Spurs).

I don't think Wiggins gets in.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Btw, when I said Wiggins is a lock. I wasn't talking about him being a lock to make the all star team as a reserve. He's a lock to be a starter.

All you need to do is look at the first return. He's in 4th place - 70,000 votes behind Paul George. Paul George is out indefinitely. So Wiggins will easily surpass him.
                              Voting isn't just fans. Fans get 50% of the vote now. Media and players get the rest. So we're not getting a write in vote for someone like Kobe anymore. No way the media or players are voting in Wiggins.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                My early all-stars go to:

East starters: Embiid, Giannis, KD, DeMar, Harden
                                Reserves: Allen (F), Butler (F), Middleton (F), LaVine (G), VanVleet (G)
                                Extras: Ball, Brown

Will be some wild snubs. I have Young, Garland, Holiday and Lowry as snubs but I'm a homer. I think the winning teams deserve to get a guy in there over losing teams. So favouring VanVleet over Young. Cavs/Heat already get a guy.. they don't need 2. Bucks already have 2 guys as well so don't get Jrue.

The F depth in the East kind of sucks, and you have to have 3 guys as reserves. I think if a Celtic makes it it should be Brown over Tatum. But one of them makes it. Maybe Tatum as a F reserve. Snub Brown. Then use someone like Trae as a replacement in the Extra column. Charlotte should have someone so including Ball. Wizards get shafted. Maybe put in Beal over Brown. Not sure on that one. I do think Fred gets in. He's been the best Raptor, and we're crawling up the standings.

West Starters: Jokic, Lebron, George, Curry, Doncic
                                West Reserves: Gobert (F), KAT (F), Draymond (F), Morant (G), Paul (G)
                                Extra: Booker, Mitchell

Not many snubs here.. you can make a case for Lillard or Davis but both have been hurt and their teams suck (well Lakers are mediocre). You get 2 guys from the Suns, Warriors and Jazz who are the cream of the crop in the West.. and then one guy from all playoff/play-in teams right now (except for the Spurs).

I don't think Wiggins gets in.
                                dude you cannot leave trae young off the all star team any more than you can leave jokic off. even if you completely hate his game, the numbers and his impact on that team are undeniable
                                Last edited by chris; Fri Jan 7, 2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X