No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool that the East is nearly as good as the West, finally. It used to be a joke, the disparity in the 2 conferences. That's how we got a lot of Demar and Kyle appearances tho lol
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

dude you cannot leave trae young off the all star team any more than you can leave jokic off. even if you completely hate his game, the numbers and his impact on that team are undeniable
      They are 12th in the East. I get it.. but there is so much guard depth in the East. Trae is a hard one. I'd try to vote him in as a starter and snub Harden then.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

They are 12th in the East. I get it.. but there is so much guard depth in the East. Trae is a hard one. I'd try to vote him in as a starter and snub Harden then.
        12th in the east is not his fault. his net rating is +7.1 and he ranks highly in that RAPTOR statistic as well. also 12th is the east is a full two games back of 7th, where we sit, so hardly moves the needle to me.

i would have him starting over harden yeah, but still have harden. snub both brown and ball, i'd have tatum and harden instead. otherwise i'd have the same team as you

Comment

No you can't snub Harden, he's still so so important to what they do. I would say Middleton or Allen gots ta go. 3rd is maybe Lamelo is still a year away. Seems like Cavs, Raps and Hornets record between now and then could go a long away in deciding who gets the snub from Allen, FVV, Ball

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

No you can't snub Harden, he's still so so important to what they do. I would say Middleton or Allen gots ta go. 3rd is maybe Lamelo is still a year away. Seems like Cavs, Raps and Hornets record between now and then could go a long away in deciding who gets the snub from Allen, FVV, Ball
            honestly i think fred's having the kind of season where he should get in even if we fall the whole two games back to 12th, just based on his advanced numbers.

but i am also a homer.

Comment

honestly i think fred's having the kind of season where he should get in even if we fall the whole two games back to 12th, just based on his advanced numbers.

but i am also a homer.
              So it's settled, we snub Jarrett Allen, Mobley's already gonna rob us of the ROTY anyways

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

So it's settled, we snub Jarrett Allen, Mobley's already gonna rob us of the ROTY anyways
                yes 0 cavs in the all star game hosted by cleveland sounds good to me!

Comment

Voting isn't just fans. Fans get 50% of the vote now. Media and players get the rest. So we're not getting a write in vote for someone like Kobe anymore. No way the media or players are voting in Wiggins.
                  How do you know that though? the Warriors have the second best record in the league and Wiggins is a huge part of what they do.

We also know that Wiggins is not a super popular dude like Klay or Kyrie or Carmelo Anthony. The fact that he has the 5th most All-Star votes in the entire Western Conference tells you that he's getting the recognition for his play.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

dude you cannot leave trae young off the all star team any more than you can leave jokic off. even if you completely hate his game, the numbers and his impact on that team are undeniable
                    Trae Young is a sure fire lock… and deservedly so. 35% USG @ 117 ORTG with top 4 raw PPG is uber elite. That’s the very definition of all star. People are going overboard on obscure impact stats and team record now.

Comment

• The conversation has sort of moved on, but I think it's not inconceivable that Paul George gets the Kyrie bump despite being injured, and fends off Wiggins that way.

Comment

• George likely gets in by the fans. But he may not play and could be replaced with an injury replacement. On the short list of guys I could see the commish replacing him with are guys like Wiggins, Ayton or even a dark horse like Ingram. Ingram is putting up 22/6/5 which are all-star numbers. Just plays on a shit team though.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

How do you know that though? the Warriors have the second best record in the league and Wiggins is a huge part of what they do.

We also know that Wiggins is not a super popular dude like Klay or Kyrie or Carmelo Anthony. The fact that he has the 5th most All-Star votes in the entire Western Conference tells you that he's getting the recognition for his play.
                          He's getting recognition because he plays for the Warriors. Casual fans love the Warriors. But he'd be the 3rd Warrior to get in.. that's too many to represent one team, that's not even the best team in the conference, let alone the league (although that could change by the time the votes are casted).

I'll just put it this way. I don't think he gets in.. but if he does it will likely be as a reserve and not as a starter. And would be happy to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Allstar subs should go to winners. Trae has to, or should have to, get his team into the playoff race in short order. Likewise Fred shouldn't have a shot if we'd remained at or return to sub-500.
                            Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Sat Jan 8, 2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

He's getting recognition because he plays for the Warriors. Casual fans love the Warriors. But he'd be the 3rd Warrior to get in.. that's too many to represent one team, that's not even the best team in the conference, let alone the league (although that could change by the time the votes are casted).

I'll just put it this way. I don't think he gets in.. but if he does it will likely be as a reserve and not as a starter. And would be happy to be proven wrong.
                              unless they were on the same pace as a 73 win team RIGHT NOW ... which I don't believe they are then they shouldn't have 3 all stars. In general I agree most times a team shouldn't have more than two.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                                Btw, when I said Wiggins is a lock. I wasn't talking about him being a lock to make the all star team as a reserve. He's a lock to be a starter.

All you need to do is look at the first return. He's in 4th place - 70,000 votes behind Paul George. Paul George is out indefinitely. So Wiggins will easily surpass him.
                                I don't think Wiggins even makes the team period.

Curry, Draymond, Luka, Booker, Chris Paul, Ja Morant, Lebron, AD, Gobert, Donovan Mitchell, Jokic, Paul George, Kat, Dame, Shai, is 15 people.

Take 3 of those players off the team even ignoring Wiggins. You gotta take 4 off to include Wiggins and that is even if you have him higher than Mike Conley or Ayton or other guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X