Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Eric Gordon would be an ideal get. His 3rd year is fully non guaranteed so it's really only this year and next year, and then he'll be a UFA again. I think he'd have the same price as Tucker had last deadline.

Bucks got Tucker at the deadline for a late first, and a second round pick swap. So not really a first rounder. More like a move from 31 to 24.

So a FRP on its own would be too much. But a protected first (top 20) and then if not conveyed 2 seconds? From 2023 and 2024?

I don't know if we want to give up draft capital though for a short term gain. Even if it is a couple of second rounders.
    Ideal how? Raps are aggressively trying to develop their young core. Playing Gordon takes away from that.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Ideal how? Raps are aggressively trying to develop their young core. Playing Gordon takes away from that.
      100%

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        I actually think a legit championship contending team like Phoenix could use a veteran combo guard off the bench, like Dragic, if only for depth purposes. In a long championship run, if you lose even a bench ball handling guard for a few games, that could really impact a series. Dragic has a good post-season history and made it to the Finals a couple years ago, so he's battle-tested. He can play either SG or PG and his style would fit more of Suns traditional PnR system and he has rim protectors behind him on defense.

Raps could try to nab the young center prospect, Jalen Smith + Nader & Saric (injured) as filler for Dragic.
        Dragic is not returning to Phoenix. He burned that bridge on his way out of there the first time.

Comment

Dragic is not returning to Phoenix. He burned that bridge on his way out of there the first time.
          Dwight Howard was given the 2nd chance by the Lakers….how many times he burned that bridge?

Business is business imo if it suits Suns interest

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

another good trade suggestion for an existing negative asset
            The only reason Dragic is a so-called "negative asset" is because he's a bench guy and he doesn't fit our system. That's artificially depressing his perceived market value. Otherwise, he's been historically one of the best bench guards in the NBA... and a former all-star. He's exactly the type of veteran player that can make the difference in a championship run.

Dragic was also one of the best players for the Heat in their series vs the Bucks last year, so he's by no means washed or as bad as he looked for the Raptors in the limited games early.

Comment

Ideal in that he provides us with bench scoring and can would be an upgrade to Svi who sucks. If we're looking at the future and only the future, then yeah he'd be a terrible fit.

Comment

The only reason Dragic is a so-called "negative asset" is because he's a bench guy and he doesn't fit our system. That's artificially depressing his perceived market value. Otherwise, he's been historically one of the best bench guards in the NBA... and a former all-star. He's exactly the type of veteran player that can make the difference in a championship run.

Dragic was also one of the best players for the Heat in their series vs the Bucks last year, so he's by no means washed or as bad as he looked for the Raptors in the limited games early.
                He started on the wrong foot with that negative press release before the season started….then compounded that with lackluster performances with whatever minutes he got from Nurse except that 1 game when VanVleet was out if my memory is correct then that video of him so engaged in that workout inside the Heat practice arena.

overall…the Suns could still rehabilitate him or any team for that matter,…..but I am so ready to get rid of his ass. Never liked the acquisition of him from the very beginning. Negative asset through and through in my books

as long as we are not getting a returning player or players who would limit the touches of the young guys in addition to the volume of shots Van Vleet is already taking

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

He started on the wrong foot with that negative press release before the season started….then compounded that with lackluster performances with whatever minutes he got from Nurse except that 1 game when VanVleet was out if my memory is correct.

overall…the Suns could still rehabilitate him….but I am so ready to get rid of his ass. Never liked the acquisition of him from the very beginning. Negative asset through and through in my books
                  I don't think he was lackluster in his effort.. I think he just was old for the most part. The press release thing was dumb.

Comment

Nothing that has happened this season has affected Dragic's trade value at all. What affects his trade value is his salary cause it's incredibly hard to match ~$20 million for a backup PG. If he was making $10 million, he would have been traded already.

Comment

The front office is different these days with James Jones. And you have one of the most respected NBA players, CP3 (former NBA player rep president), vouching for Sarver recently. And the highly respected Monty Williams. And they just made the Finals. It would be incredibly easy to sell to Dragic that times have changed in Phoenix.

Comment

• Phoenix got to the finals with Payne as a backup PG. Not sure they need another $19M backup.. but if its for a guy they don't see in their future (Smith), a guy that won't play this season (Saric) and some fringe guy that is deep on the bench.. they might.

Would be absolutely ecstatic if it happened. We'd even save money on the deal further ducking the tax.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Nothing that has happened this season has affected Dragic's trade value at all. What affects his trade value is his salary cause it's incredibly hard to match ~$20 million for a backup PG. If he was making $10 million, he would have been traded already.
                          It's not just the $19M salary... you also have to consider term (i.e. it is expiring) as a selling point. Saric and Nader have one more year left on their deals after this season. The trade I suggested would also save Phoenix some salary cap in the off-season, in addition to giving them a guy who would most likely leapfrog Cameron Payne in the rotation, for 3 guys who barely play or are injured. That's both a money win and an on-court win for the Suns.

It's not like we're trying to match John Wall or Westbrook's $40M+ salary here. It's "only' 19M. That's doable.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Ideal in that he provides us with bench scoring and can would be an upgrade to Svi who sucks. If we're looking at the future and only the future, then yeah he'd be a terrible fit.
                            That's the impression I get. I mean why else would they not be playing Dragic?

I don't expect them to make any moves to improve their chances in the playoffs, and if they make a trade it's for cap flexibility or young prospects.

Comment

The front office is different these days with James Jones. And you have one of the most respected NBA players, CP3 (former NBA player rep president), vouching for Sarver recently. And the highly respected Monty Williams. And they just made the Finals. It would be incredibly easy to sell to Dragic that times have changed in Phoenix.
                              If they could convince Dragic to go back to Phoenix then it would be great. I'm sure they have some young big that can't get any playtime behind Ayton which we could develop. I just don't see Dragic agreeing to it is all.

Atlanta could be a team interested in Dragic to give their playoff roster some help. They got a taste of a deep run last season so they might be willing to bite on a trade for Dragic if they think it can help them get there again. Atlanta has a log jam of young wings which Raps might be interested in.

Comment

It's not just the $19M salary... you also have to consider term (i.e. it is expiring) as a selling point. Saric and Nader have one more year left on their deals after this season. The trade I suggested would also save Phoenix some salary cap in the off-season, in addition to giving them a guy who would most likely leapfrog Cameron Payne in the rotation, for 3 guys who barely play or are injured. That's both a money win and an on-court win for the Suns.

It's not like we're trying to match John Wall or Westbrook's $40M+ salary here. It's "only' 19M. That's doable.

I like this trade suggestion but why do they give up Saric even if he is effectively out this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X