No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ thats some of the reason we probably like him so much - we watched him grow

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Let's be honest: Conley would have been at least a 3-time all-star in the East during the same #WeTheNorth period, especially if he was backed by Masai. Lowry doesn't sniff an all-star nod if he's in the West.
      OK? That doesn't change what I said about leadership and intangibles. Similar players, but Conley will always be remembered as Gasol and Randolphs point guard. Imagine if they did switch roles, though. Gasol-Randolph-Lowry-Allen is an insane core, and would have put scares in the prime Warriors just by grinding the fuck outta them.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Exactly. Let's not try to re-write history books.

Lowry matured after he was personally validated and got his flowers. The guy was still throwing Masai under the bus in 2018-19 when ESPN came here for the game of the week, embarrassing him on Giants of Africa day. He still had some growing up to do, is the right way to put it.
        and I love lowry so I hope it doesn't come across as me being negative but yeah he became a good leader. He didn't start off as one. Regarding the media he was always a dick. Which is neither here nor there. They eventually pushed back towards it and dished it back towards him and it ended up working out. But he matured like you said. He was the correct person to choose in the Kawhi trade. His game improved and his game management became elite. The way he took care of his body improved as well. I would argue that him on the olympic teams was part of that start of growth.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

OK? That doesn't change what I said about leadership and intangibles. Similar players, but Conley will always be remembered as Gasol and Randolphs point guard. Imagine if they did switch roles, though. Gasol-Randolph-Lowry-Allen is an insane core, and would have put scares in the prime Warriors just by grinding the fuck outta them.
          Grizzlies had GMs like John Hollinger during Conley's prime. They brought in coaches like Fizdale. They signed free agents like Chandler Parsons. They had multiple ownership changes.

Despite all that, Grit n Grind Grizzlies were a perennial playoff team that made it to the conference finals in the tougher west (and lost), which is exactly what Lowry accomplished... until Kawhi. You're acting like Conley's track record of winning is like Zach Lavine prior to this year? Conley has just been stuck in sh*thole small markets that can't land the alpha superstar to carry him to the promised land... like Kawhi did for Lowry.

Comment

• FWIW.....all star announcements at 7:00 on TSN4 (if you see curling, you're on the wrong channel). Just a heads up because the starters announcement wasn't televised in Canada as far as I know.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherR...3%2Fframe.html

Bane trolling us.

Comment

• 22% isn't good.. but that's a hilarious stat line. Also read that he was exactly 222 days from his birthday.

Comment

• 2 Cool. Seriously, that's amazing lol
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• I think this means the Raps have a pretty easy (5th easiest) remaining schedule. Let's keep this thing rollin'.

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                      I think this means the Raps have a pretty easy (5th easiest) remaining schedule. Let's keep this thing rollin'.

https://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength
                      One of the easiest schedules and also among the most remaining games in which to make up ground. Good place to be. Throw in an addition at the trade deadline and who knows?
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

One of the easiest schedules and also among the most remaining games in which to make up ground. Good place to be. Throw in an addition at the trade deadline and who knows?
                        We're only 4.5 games back from the 1 seed.
                        1.5 out of the 6 seed.
                        The East is so close this year we could end up anywhere.
                        The way we're playing if everyone stays healthy I think we finish top 6.
                        We've just beaten all of the "hot" teams, this was the difficult stretch and we crushed it.
                        I don't think we need a trade but if we do it could easily put us over the top and make us a true title contender this season. The East is ripe for the picking.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We're only 4.5 games back from the 1 seed.
                          1.5 out of the 6 seed.
                          The East is so close this year we could end up anywhere.
                          The way we're playing if everyone stays healthy I think we finish top 6.
                          We've just beaten all of the "hot" teams, this was the difficult stretch and we crushed it.
                          I don't think we need a trade but if we do it could easily put us over the top and make us a true title contender this season. The East is ripe for the picking.
                          I don't think a trade is "needed" but I would welcome any minor addition that we can get by getting rid of Dragic's contract. If we only get a 2nd rounder or a first back I am MORE than happy. If we are able to get a rotation piece who can bolster the bench I am VERY happy. Because the bench has done better. Dalano can contribute in his 10 minute stints for now. Yuta, will likely be back in the rotation. We could use svi/dragic;s minutes replaced by someone. If that someone is good enough to play 15 minutes or more that significant'y helps bring down FVV and Trent's minutes and at times possibly OG's minutes.

So I look at it as any one who can help keep starter minutes down. Or when our seeding is closer to being locked up by end of march. Someone who we can throw out while getting the team some rest without worrying too much about losing too many games.

Comment

Also, nice that Brooklyn has a fairly difficult schedule. And hilarious that Lakers and Knicks are in such a tough spot.

Comment

tankathon ranks SOS based on strength of opponent, not based on rest days. MixxAOR showed a chart the other day showing we have one of the hardest remaining schedules, if you include home court advantage and opponent rest days:

For example we play OKC and Houston in the next stretch of 3 games in 4 nights back to back. Houston is technically one of the easier opponents but on a second game of a back to back on the road is still going to be tough.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Also, nice that Brooklyn has a fairly difficult schedule. And hilarious that Lakers and Knicks are in such a tough spot.
                                yeah we should go for a push. There doesn't seem to be a ton of resistance at the top. Nets are in free fall, lost 7 of their last 10. Bucks and Philly are playing at .600, meaning good but nothing unattainable for where we are either. Those 2 losses to the Pistons hurt now man ugh.

I called the team ending at around .500 back in training camp, I still think there's a good chance they'll end there, but there's also a good chance they can push to the top of the conference. A lot of it will come down to injuries/covid to the other teams. We seemed to have hit our rough patch with that earlier in the season already, so now it's looking up. Key trade deadline coming up.

Comment

Working...
                                X