Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    My gawd…Walker Kessler of Auburn so far with 11 blocks against Texas…playing alongside Jabari Smith
    Ended the game with a rare triple double

12 points/ 11 Rebs and 12 BLOCKS

high BBIQ

his draft stock will just rise up…

right now in the low teens, but when its all said and done, could be top 10

Jabari Smith however is a sure fire top 3

Comment

• would rudy gobert work on our team?

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Ended the game with a rare triple double

12 points/ 11 Rebs and 12 BLOCKS

high BBIQ

his draft stock will just rise up…

right now in the low teens, but when its all said and done, could be top 10

Jabari Smith however is a sure fire top 3
        Chris Boucher should study this kid's defense.

Comment

• So post trade deadline.... The East still remains open

Tier 1
          Has gotta be the Bucks. The Alphabet and friends are still the team to beat. They have a two time MVP (Finals and League) in Giannas. A Lowry like leader in Jrue Holiday who does it all at both ends of the floor and a now vetran playoff performer Kris Middleton. Serge for depth. Portis and Serge for "crowd" control.
          They look tough both literally and physically.

Tier 2:
          Two teams who are better than they were before the trade deadline. Philly and the Nets. They each have a lot of getting used to newly made over lineups with each team making big changes at the deadline. Durant can easily fix what ails Brooklyn but something seems a little off there. Philly is now on the clock. Two years. Two years before Harden weights in at 300 lbs or Embiid has passed his dominant prime in Philly.

Tier 3: Its possible. Not that likely but still you can make a case for one of the Heat or the Cavs to make a run to the ECF. The Cavs aren't going away. They are 35 and 21 and are the antithesis of small ball sporting three 7 footers in the lineup and Kevin Love. Darius Garland is the real deal to orchestrate the show.. Now they add Levert. Wow. Maybe these guys should be in Tier 2. The Heat are the raptors of old. Well coached. Committed to both ends of the floor. A lot of better than all star but not quite all nba talent in the top 3 or 4 positions. Still the team no one wants to play.

Tier 4: Has the Bulls, the surging green pond scum Celtics and a Hawks team that just has to be better than their record says they are. Sliding in a Hayward-less Charlotte team that is really coming along. LaMello Ball and Miles Bridges are going to be making life tough in Charlotte for the first time since... since... since ever. ? The Bulls too are not going south this year. Demar is having yet another fantastic year in his 13th year. To play that long , 13 years , and still be in the top quartile of players in the league is pretty damn impressive. War clap for Demar. LaVine and Vooch complement Demar. The Bulls could make noise in the post season.

Where do the raptors fit. ?
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            So post trade deadline.... The East still remains open

Tier 1
            Has gotta be the Bucks. The Alphabet and friends are still the team to beat. They have a two time MVP (Finals and League) in Giannas. A Lowry like leader in Jrue Holiday who does it all at both ends of the floor and a now vetran playoff performer Kris Middleton. Serge for depth. Portis and Serge for "crowd" control.

Tier 2:
            Two teams who are better than they were before the trade deadline. Philly and the Nets. They each have a lot of getting used to newly made over lineups with each team making big changes at the deadline. Durant can easily fix what ails Brooklyn but something seems a little off there. Philly is now on the clock. Two years. Two years before Harden weights in at 300 lbs or Embiid has passed his dominant prime in Philly.

Tier 3: Its possible. Not that likely but still you can make a case for one of the Heat or the Cavs to make a run to the ECF. The Cavs aren't going away. They are 35 and 21 and are the antithesis of small ball sporting three 7 footers in the lineup and Kevin Love. Darius Garland is the real deal to orchestrate the show.. Now they add Levert. Wow. Maybe these guys should be in Tier 2. The Heat are the raptors of old. Well coached. Committed to both ends of the floor. A lot of better than all star but not quite all nba talent in the top 3 or 4 positions. Still the team no one wants to play.

Tier 4: Has the Bulls, the surging green pond scum Celtics and a Hawks team that just has to be better than their record says they are. Sliding in a Hayward-less Charlotte team that is really coming along. LaMello Ball and Miles Bridges are going to be making life tough in Charlotte for the first time since... since... since ever. ? The Bulls too are not going south this year. Demar is having yet another fantastic year in his 13th year. To play that long , 13 years , and still be in the top quartile of players in the league is pretty damn impressive. War clap for Demar. LaVine and Vooch complement Demar. The Bulls could make noise in the post season.

3-3.5

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
              would rudy gobert work on our team?
              Rudy Gobert would work on every single nba team, he's a 7-1 perennial DPOY caliber player, putting up 15 and 15 on a 70% fG% (the highest on the league), because everything is high efficiency at the rim. Ift there's a team where he doesn't 'work' you gotta fire the coach.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                So post trade deadline.... The East still remains open

Tier 1

Tier 2:

Other than Bucks tier 1 is disagree with all of this. The Nets are on an 11 game losing streak and you wanna call them tier 2?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Other than Bucks tier 1 is disagree with all of this. The Nets are on an 11 game losing streak and you wanna call them tier 2?
                  That is the thing. If you are ranking the "tiers".. I would say we would easily be in Tier 3. Tier two might be difficult but yeah. Tier 4 we are way above. The tiers as outlined also make no sense. The bulls and the Celtics and hawks shouldn't all be in the same tier.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yes I do.
                    Kevin Durant will come back this year for the Nets.
                    He is the best player in the game.
                    And when he does the Nets are in Tier 2.

How would you rank the teams ?
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Feb 13, 2022, 04:49 PM.
                    - TGO

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                      That is the thing. If you are ranking the "tiers".. I would say we would easily be in Tier 3. Tier two might be difficult but yeah. Tier 4 we are way above. The tiers as outlined also make no sense. The bulls and the Celtics and hawks shouldn't all be in the same tier.
                      I tried to show the Bucks as the team to beat and alone in Tier 1 ...
                      In Teir 2 who has the best chance of doing that . which of philly or brooklyn could weather 2 rounds of the playoffs ..
                      Tier 3 are the dark horse favourites. Who with a little lightning in a bottle run of 3 weeks would be in a spot to see the conference finals.
                      Four was Miracle on Ice territory.
                      ** Editors note. I was thinking about the Bulls in Tier 3.
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sun Feb 13, 2022, 04:59 PM.
                      - TGO

Comment

• i would either have the bulls, raptors, and celtics in tier 3, or keep them in tier 4 and kick charlotte and atlanta into a fifth tier. probably the latter, though i'm not sure there's much separating the heat and cavs from the bulls/celtics/raptor

Comment

• I don't really think there are any tiers in the East.. it's all just a jumbled mess.

Bucks are not the class of the East. It's hard to repeat. I don't think they have the same hunger as last year. And yet they almost lost to both Atlanta (Trae injury) and Brooklyn (KD foot on the line) last season.

Brooklyn have so much turmoil. It's not a championship team. If they win it will be a miracle to be frank. Ben hasn't even played a second this season. Remember how slow it took for Pascal to come back? Ben doesn't seem to like the pressure and he's going to get a lot of it. I think Kyrie will play home games but is that a guarantee?

Can anyone trust Doc in the playoffs? Will there be any chemistry between Joel and James? Harden loves having high usage, but Embiid is playing like an MVP. They have no center depth anymore, and Joel will need rest. It's why they got Horford a few years back.

Chicago and Cleveland are so green still. Boston and Toronto are young and scrappy but are missing top shelf talent.

Miami has a lot of character guys and a fun bench. And a great coach. But again no real top shelf talent.

As many have said, the East will be a blood bath. I really think the healthiest team will get through it. And not necessarily the best team on paper (whatever that really means).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't really think there are any tiers in the East.. it's all just a jumbled mess.

Bucks are not the class of the East. It's hard to repeat. I don't think they have the same hunger as last year. And yet they almost lost to both Atlanta (Trae injury) and Brooklyn (KD foot on the line) last season.

Brooklyn have so much turmoil. It's not a championship team. If they win it will be a miracle to be frank. Ben hasn't even played a second this season. Remember how slow it took for Pascal to come back? Ben doesn't seem to like the pressure and he's going to get a lot of it. I think Kyrie will play home games but is that a guarantee?

Can anyone trust Doc in the playoffs? Will there be any chemistry between Joel and James? Harden loves having high usage, but Embiid is playing like an MVP. They have no center depth anymore, and Joel will need rest. It's why they got Horford a few years back.

Chicago and Cleveland are so green still. Boston and Toronto are young and scrappy but are missing top shelf talent.

Miami has a lot of character guys and a fun bench. And a great coach. But again no real top shelf talent.

As many have said, the East will be a blood bath. I really think the healthiest team will get through it. And not necessarily the best team on paper (whatever that really means).
                            Yeah and I take particular exception to saying Brooklyn is elite. They downgraded talent, Simmons is not nearly as good as Harden. KD has never won anything on his own. He joined a stacked Warriors team that had already won it all without him, I give him zero credit for his warriors run. The Warriors are proving it again this season too. They don't need KD.

Philly got better I'm worried about them and that's it. Nurse knows how to beat Milwaukee.

Comment

• Damn it.. Celtics won their 8th in a row and take sole position of 6th. 1/2 game up on the Raptors. We have games in hand and I believe the easier schedule. But Boston's defense went up like 10 notches in this run of theirs. They are playing elite ball. Their point differential is also very impressive (best in the East). No longer a joke team.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Damn it.. Celtics won their 8th in a row and take sole position of 6th. 1/2 game up on the Raptors. We have games in hand and I believe the easier schedule. But Boston's defense went up like 10 notches in this run of theirs. They are playing elite ball. Their point differential is also very impressive (best in the East). No longer a joke team.
                                Boston is rolling right now but it's mainly over shit teams. I think we'll overtake them again. The top 7 are separating themselves from the pack.

Comment

Working...
                                X