No announcement yet.

Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flynn has a slight tear in his hamstring.....this is just fukn bullshit...the raptors cant catch a fukn break...just my opinion....the toronto raptors are not winning without malachi flynn putting up those rookie of the month numbers...they need that 3 point shooter off the bench when fvv or trent sit to continue with spacing for scottie, pascal and OG.....

Comment

• gambler wrote: View Post
      flynn has a slight tear in his hamstring.....this is just fukn bullshit...the raptors cant catch a fukn break...just my opinion....the toronto raptors are not winning without malachi flynn putting up those rookie of the month numbers...they need that 3 point shooter off the bench when fvv or trent sit to continue with spacing for scottie, pascal and OG.....
      Not a single top team has made it through this season without major injury or covid or contract BS or what have you. If Malachi Flynn is the straw that breaks the back, that's a pretty fragile house of cards
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Maxie .... coming into his own.
        A healthy Embiid, Harden, Simmons and Maxie is scary.
        With Embiid and Harden on the floor there's not enough available shots for Maxey to be scary. Simmons is not in Philly anymore.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Simmons?
          Oops meant Harris....or the ghost of Simmons

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Not a single top team has made it through this season without major injury or covid or contract BS or what have you. If Malachi Flynn is the straw that breaks the back, that's a pretty fragile house of cards
            they have no one to keep the spacing when fvv and trent are out...why do you think they immediatly brought in brooks when flynn went out? ... ..you take the first two games out and hes averaging over 10 minutes/game....nobody armoni brooks who cant create like flynn but can shoot the 3 .....its not hard to figure out what nurse is trying to do....flynn is going to average 8-10 minutes/game in the playoffs....more if he hits those rom numbers. those that understand basketball know that a 40 percent 3 point shooting guard is as valuable if not more than a 50 percent shooter from the field especially for a superior offensive rebounding team like the raptors....you just need to do the math
            Last edited by gambler; Tue Mar 22, 2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

they have no one to keep the spacing when fvv and trent are out...why do you think they immediatly brought in brooks when flynn went out? ... ..you take the first two games out and hes averaging over 10 minutes/game....nobody armoni brooks who cant create like flynn but can shoot the 3 .....its not hard to figure out what nurse is trying to do....flynn is going to average 8-10 minutes/game in the playoffs....more if he hits those rom numbers. those that understand basketball know that a 40 percent 3 point shooting guard is as valuable if not more than a 50 percent shooter from the field especially for a superior offensive rebounding team like the raptors....you just need to do the math
              malachi flynn is not a 40% 3 point shooter lol. i dont get why you're just grabbing his ROM stat and applying it to his whole albeit short career. so are you saying hes our best 3 point threat then?

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

malachi flynn is not a 40% 3 point shooter lol. i dont get why you're just grabbing his ROM stat and applying it to his whole albeit short career. so are you saying hes our best 3 point threat then?
                he shot 40 percent from 3 for 6 weeks ....6 weeks not six games.....that is a legit sample size....the four games at 50 percent after nurse handed the keys to him...is not

if malachi can compress the numbers and efficiancy that he did for those six weeks into the playoffs....10-12 minutes a game....the raptors are a differnet ball club....do i even really need to explain this? 10 minutes in the playoffs is an eternity where benches win or lose games

Comment

he shot 40 percent from 3 for 6 weeks ....6 weeks not six games.....that is a legit sample size....the four games at 50 percent after nurse handed the keys to him...is not

if malachi can compress the numbers and efficiancy that he did for those six weeks into the playoffs....10-12 minutes a game....the raptors are a differnet ball club....do i even really need to explain this? 10 minutes in the playoffs is an eternity where benches win or lose games

wait are you still talking about his rookie of the month numbers from last year? lol.

and you aren't 'explaining' anything. you're just extrapolating weird parts of data and then trying to just apply it to the playoffs for some reason.

i mean if your argument is 'if flynn shoots 40% from 3 in the playoffs, that would be awesome!' then sure. but overall you make no fucking sense.

Comment

wait are you still talking about his rookie of the month numbers from last year? lol.

and you aren't 'explaining' anything. you're just extrapolating weird parts of data and then trying to just apply it to the playoffs for some reason.

i mean if your argument is 'if flynn shoots 40% from 3 in the playoffs, that would be awesome!' then sure. but overall you make no fucking sense.
                    here...ill make it easy for you.... and what is lol?....are you like 16 years old?

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/stat...a/seasontype/3

https://www.espn.com.mx/basquetbol/n...odetemporada/3

now paxson was a starter but kerr was not....and even though kerrs ppg where not double digits he continued to provide spacing and efficiency...how important would kerr be for the raptors?....becasue that is what nurse is looking for right now

youre pretty clueless to say im making no sense...especially when webster came out after the trade deadline passed and said they were going to go tothe buyout market for a wing player

Last edited by gambler; Tue Mar 22, 2022, 08:36 PM.

Comment

The extrapolation isn't as far-fetched when you look deeper at Flynn's career splits:

Still a relatively small sample size, but Malachi is basically shooting 40% when he's a starter, and close to 40% when he gets more than 20 MPG. This is not unusual for an offensive player who needs time and confidence to find a rhythm. He gets consistent minutes when he's a starter and his role is more defined. It's not the typical 5 minute beauty contest, show-me-what-you-got-tonight, audition that bench players normally get under Nurse to earn more minutes. That approach favors defensive, energy guys who can grab rebounds and get steals and make hustle plays to catch the eye of the coach... that night.

When offensive players know they have a longer leash, they don't have to force things and let the game come to them. Scoring is hard and takes more skill, talent and finesse. I noticed that Nurse allowed Flynn to run a few more methodical pick & roll plays (his strength) before he got injured, rather than the more aggressive, straight-line drive & kick stylings of Fred and Banton.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

The extrapolation isn't as far-fetched when you look deeper at Flynn's career splits:

Still a relatively small sample size, but Malachi is basically shooting 40% when he's a starter, and close to 40% when he gets more than 20 MPG. This is not unusual for an offensive player who needs time and confidence to find a rhythm. He gets consistent minutes when he's a starter and his role is more defined. It's not the typical 5 minute beauty contest, show-me-what-you-got-tonight, audition that bench players normally get under Nurse to earn more minutes. That approach favors defensive, energy guys who can grab rebounds and get steals and make hustle plays to catch the eye of the coach... that night.

When offensive players know they have a longer leash, they don't have to force things and let the game come to them. Scoring is hard and takes more skill, talent and finesse. I noticed that Nurse allowed Flynn to run a few more methodical pick & roll plays (his strength) before he got injured, rather than the more aggressive, straight-line drive & kick stylings of Fred and Banton.
                        imo....malachi flynn was on a no-refund policy when nurse gave him the keys....and there is at least a 50/50 chance that version of malachi flynn can put up 10-12 minutes a game....and if so....that is an extremely valuable player for the toronto raptors come the playoffs. you can also make an argument that if that version of malachi flyn shows up... in some games....flynn might be getting 20 minutes a game to trents 25....with absolutely no drop-off in production

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

appreciate the stats. i dont see where flynn is shooting close to .400 when more than 20 min a game though. the chart shows he shoots .347? or are you averaging everything above the 20-29 min mark?

as a note, flynn is shooting .254 as a reserve.

i just checked the same for svi and yuta.

svi shoots .384 as a starter (46 games) and .336 as a reserve (170 games). in over 20-29 minutes he shoots .384.
                          yuta shoots .391 as a starter (but only 8 game sample size) and .363 as a reserve (108 games). in over 20-29 minutes he shoots .400.

seems like both svi and yuta are significantly better shooters for what their actual roles are (reserves).

Comment

• eight man rotation all with high iq and not a single player at 40 minutes/games .....no superstar.... the raptors have legit nine if you count malachi.....both teams with world level coaching.....go 1-8...how much better is this team than a healthy raptors team if precious can get close to rodman and flynn can get close to vinnie? ...and imo this pistons team would beat every east team...including the one with a healthy kd and kyries.....as jj reddick said.... the raptors "are a really really good team".....they just need to get healthy..............https://www.landofbasketball.com/sta...pistons_pl.htm

Comment

appreciate the stats. i dont see where flynn is shooting close to .400 when more than 20 min a game though. the chart shows he shoots .347? or are you averaging everything above the 20-29 min mark?

as a note, flynn is shooting .254 as a reserve.

i just checked the same for svi and yuta.

svi shoots .384 as a starter (46 games) and .336 as a reserve (170 games). in over 20-29 minutes he shoots .384.
                              yuta shoots .391 as a starter (but only 8 game sample size) and .363 as a reserve (108 games). in over 20-29 minutes he shoots .400.

seems like both svi and yuta are significantly better shooters for what their actual roles are (reserves).
                              just stop....please....

Comment

• 35/mm a year for three more years for a guy that cant shoot free throws or anything over 15 feet and now with a bad back....this is the type of deal that ruins a franchise....two weeks ago barkley said that kd, kyrie and simmons are going to win for the next 10 years with the nets....

Comment

Working...
                                X