Everything 2021-2022 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

He didn't even play?! What is going on there? Have they thrown in the towel?

My other current favourite story is Randle in NY. What a maroon.
    I said that I believe lebron would sooner miss the post season than have to endure a play-in or get thrashed in the first round.
    He'll orchestrate getting Westbrick moved somehow with lakers having to eat a bunch of salary and then try to hang on until he can pressure some hapless team into drafting Bronny to coincide with his own free agency. He's a schmuck.

Comment

• So....I see Paul George is back (28pts in 3 quarters)

Comment

• If the Clips get Kawhi back? then everything's going to change. I could see them winning it all.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

He didn't even play?! What is going on there? Have they thrown in the towel?
          he sprained his ankle at the end of the pelicans game.

which is just unfortunate and sad, because i think most reasonable people would agree that it would be far more satisfying to watch the lakers miss the play-in with a healthy lebron than it will be to watch the lakers miss the play-in with him sitting out.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            If the Clips get Kawhi back? then everything's going to change. I could see them winning it all.
            i could not see that. he hasn't played all year and their three most important players have not played together

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

i could not see that. he hasn't played all year and their three most important players have not played together
              Superstars are different. They can ramp up quickly. Clippers have huge depth and Ty Lue is great at improvising and motivating to build the chemistry.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                If the Clips get Kawhi back? then everything's going to change. I could see them winning it all.
                Don't forget stormin Norman Powell, their 3rd best player. Those 3 on the court at the 2-3-4 is scary, with Jackson now coming off the bench and Luke Kennard and his 45% 3 pt shooting standing wide open at the arc
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• big big big difference between an elbow and acl....fwir.... acls are generally a year before a player gets back to normal... selfish leonard is not coming back and rightfully so

Comment

• I just dont see Kawhi coming back off a knee injury on a regular timeline.. Dude sat out in San antiono for a more minor injury. Sat out in T.O for maintance. Now hes going to come back off a ACL into the biggest and most physical time of year? Don't see it happening.. Clips are smart to not rule him out. He can be the boogie man playoff teams say who knows maybe this dude might show up round 1 we better game plan for him..
                    Spurs did the same thing with him that year he sat out, kept saying he might just randomly suit up round 1 and it never happened.
                    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I think Kawhi is happy just cashing his checks....one injury away from retirement

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                        I think Kawhi is happy just cashing his checks....one injury away from retirement
                        Nah, I actually think this is the dream scenario for Kawhi. Rest your body during the regular season, hang out with family and friends in LA, visit the SuperBowl etc... Then you come back and dominate in the playoffs to show ownership that you earned your salary and you also keep your name in the top 3-5 NBA player conversation (i.e. recency bias).

That is maximum return for minimum effort.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Superstars are different. They can ramp up quickly. Clippers have huge depth and Ty Lue is great at improvising and motivating to build the chemistry.
                          i think it depends on the injury and the superstar. klay thompson is not a superstar and also missed two years with two separate devastating injuries, but he's been back for months now and is still awful. PG took a whole year to look right after his compound fracture.

kawhi's on a different level, but knee ligament injuries traditionally take some time and i can't see even that cyborg coming back to a playoff intensity environment like nothing happened

Comment

• in other news, the thunder have announced that SGA will sit out the rest of the season again. they should just trade him and josh giddey for picks and then parlay those picks into more picks before either player realizes they have no intention of ever competing.

Comment

• Anyone following our second round pick?

Currently slotted at 33. But Detroit is in a 3-way tie for futility with Orlando and Houston. Each with 20-56 records. They will use playoff seeding to deal with tie breakers. Unfortunately Detroit has the better record between the three. I believe they are 4-2. Houston is 2-2 and Orlando is 2-4.

So need Orlando and Houston to win at least one more than Detroit. Detroit is pretty scrappy though. Almost upset the Nets (were up by double digits at one point).

We do play both Orlando and Houston. Could lose intentionally to help our pick.. but then also screw up our chances at 6th or higher.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Anyone following our second round pick?

Currently slotted at 33. But Detroit is in a 3-way tie for futility with Orlando and Houston. Each with 20-56 records. They will use playoff seeding to deal with tie breakers. Unfortunately Detroit has the better record between the three. I believe they are 4-2. Houston is 2-2 and Orlando is 2-4.

So need Orlando and Houston to win at least one more than Detroit. Detroit is pretty scrappy though. Almost upset the Nets (were up by double digits at one point).

We do play both Orlando and Houston. Could lose intentionally to help our pick.. but then also screw up our chances at 6th or higher.
                                Why is it when I look at mock drafts it doesn't show that the Raptors have a first round pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X