X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

The most Zach Lavine teams have ever won is 31 games. Once he wins 32 games, let alone the playoffs, I'll consider using superlatives like "great"
    Not his fault he had to play for 2 joke organizations: not just bad ... next level incompetent. And then there's the whole Jim Boylen era. What do you think Lavine's W-L record looks like if he's drafted by the Raps? Kevin Garnett was a perennial first round exit player and now he's a HoF'er because he left a bad organization.

Worst strawman type of argument there is. I mean, the 35-win Pascal/FVV Raptors era didn't exactly set the NBA on fire last year.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Lavine put up 27.5 PPG on 31% USG with 64% TS%. That's about as great as scoring gets in the NBA.

TBH, Lavine is exactly what this Raptors team needs at SG.
    Being a great scorer and a great player are two different things.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Problem with the Bulls is twofold: none of their starters can defend, and despite surrounding Lavine with legit talent, their best player is still Lavine. When your best player isn't great and you can't defend at most of your positions, you're in for a middling season.

Now, if they had a good coach that specializes in figuring out star players roles and whatnot, say Thibs or D'Antoni, I'd think they're in for a 4th seed type of year. But instead, they have known average turd Billy Donovan. I think the Raptors are much better, Bulls will be in the play in mix.
    Lonzo Ball is a good defender. Pat Williams - I know he's injured right now but he's a great, great defender. LaVine is not a great defender but he's also not as bad as they say.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Lavine put up 27.5 PPG on 31% USG with 64% TS%. That's about as great as scoring gets in the NBA.

The most Zach Lavine teams have ever won is 31 games. Once he wins 32 games, let alone the playoffs, I'll consider using superlatives like "great"

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Put it over in another thread too but the Bulls have a bunch of very good basketball players, and in the end that matters a lot even if the pieces aren't a perfect or ideal fit.

Demar's going to be really key for pulling it together. He's a team-first guy, he's willing to adapt and evolve and he's become a very good facilitator. I think the ball moves well there, they'll be able to score a lot, and they'll be able to defend enough to still win quite a bit. They'll be pushing for homecourt in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied

Problem with the Bulls is twofold: none of their starters can defend, and despite surrounding Lavine with legit talent, their best player is still Lavine. When your best player isn't great and you can't defend at most of your positions, you're in for a middling season.

Now, if they had a good coach that specializes in figuring out star players roles and whatnot, say Thibs or D'Antoni, I'd think they're in for a 4th seed type of year. But instead, they have known average turd Billy Donovan. I think the Raptors are much better, Bulls will be in the play in mix.
    i remember listening to a zach lowe podcast with baxter holmes a few years ago (when he was their beat writer for ESPN) and being surprised at the high esteem in which he held donavan. he insisted he was a great basketball mind but that russell westbrook is just really hard to coach, and goes completely off-script at will.

fast forward a bit and they massively overachieved the moment they traded away westbrook. most would attribute that solely to chris paul, which i get.

but he might actually be a decent coach. hard to tell from the bulls performance last year... that roster was so young and i really dislike some of their guys that they are/were invested in (i.e. white, markkanen). i've been bullish on the bulls being bad for years while many on this board have been picking them to make the playoffs, but i think this year might finally be the year they make the leap to respectability and finish somewhere in the 6 to 8 range

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    1. Bucks
    2. Nets
    3. Heat
    4. Bulls
    5. Celtics
    6. Sixers
    7. Raptors
    8. Hawks
    9. Pacers
    10. Knicks

I think it's pretty obvious who the top 3 teams in the Conf(Bucks, Nets, Heat). I have the Bulls at 4. I think people are sleeping on them. They have now surrounded LaVine with legit talents. Lonzo Ball imo is going to be a star in Chicago.

Sixers at 6 because there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes there. Simmons has become a major distraction. Even if he returns he's going to be a distraction bec everyone know he doesn't want to be there.

I have the Raps at 7. I think they're going to be a tough tough team to play against.

Hawks at 8 and Knicks at 10. What the Knicks and Hawks did last year was a fluke imo.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

I think they will mitigate the Simmons situation where if things start to slide in a major way, they will trade him sooner rather than later and thus fill the void. Although the the whole thing could still collapse if Embiid gets injured and misses a big chunk of the season.
    It's just not a great roster without Simmons. Will be interesting to see who blinks first. Does the lack of pay get to Simmons or does he hold out long enough for losses to start piling up and they are desperate enough to move him for fair value.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Are you guys placing 76'ers so high based on an expected return for Simmons? It looks almost certain he won't play for Philly this season, so if he's not there that team is likely fighting for the 8th seed. Good chance Embiid sits a bunch of games for rest or injury.
    I think they will mitigate the Simmons situation where if things start to slide in a major way, they will trade him sooner rather than later and thus fill the void. Although the the whole thing could still collapse if Embiid gets injured and misses a big chunk of the season.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    1. Milwaukee
    2. Brooklyn
    3. Atlanta
    4. Miami
    5. Toronto
    6. Philly
    7. Boston
    8. Chicago
    9. Indiana
    10. New York
    11. Washington

West
    1. LA Lakers
    2. Utah
    3. Phoenix
    4. Utah
    5. Denver
    6. Golden State
    7. Dallas
    8. Portland
    9. Memphis
    10. Clippers
    11. Minnesota

Championship - Milwaukee vs. Lakers =
    Milwaukee repeats

I don’t think Brooklyn will be healthy enough to win this year.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Are you guys placing 76'ers so high based on an expected return for Simmons? It looks almost certain he won't play for Philly this season, so if he's not there that team is likely fighting for the 8th seed. Good chance Embiid sits a bunch of games for rest or injury.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    1. Nets
    2. Bucks
    3. Heat
    4. Hawks
    5. 76'ers
    6. Celtics
    7. Raptors
    8. Hornets
    9. Bulls
    10. Pacers.
    11. Knicks
    12. Cavs
    ​​​​​​​13. Wizards
    14. Pistons
    15. Magic

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    1. Bucks
    2. Nets
    3. Heat
    4. Bulls
    5. Celtics
    6. Sixers
    7. Raptors
    8. Hawks
    9. Pacers
    10. Knicks

I think it's pretty obvious who the top 3 teams in the Conf(Bucks, Nets, Heat). I have the Bulls at 4. I think people are sleeping on them. They have now surrounded LaVine with legit talents. Lonzo Ball imo is going to be a star in Chicago.

Sixers at 6 because there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes there. Simmons has become a major distraction. Even if he returns he's going to be a distraction bec everyone know he doesn't want to be there.

I have the Raps at 7. I think they're going to be a tough tough team to play against.

Hawks at 8 and Knicks at 10. What the Knicks and Hawks did last year was a fluke imo.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    One thing that struck me, with kawhi out extended and some question marks amongst the "super teams", is East actually better than West this year??? It's close.. Haven't thought that in like 25 years lol.

East

1. Brooklyn
    2. Milwaukee
    3. Miami
    4. Philly
    5. Atlanta
    6. Boston
    7. Toronto
    8. New York
    9. Chicago
    10. Indiana
    11. Washington