4. Utah
    5. Denver
    6. LA Clippers
    7. Dallas
    8. Portland
    9. Memphis
    10. New Orleans
    11. Minnesota

I have New York and San Antonio falling out of the playoffs altogether. The bulls should be good, the hawks are a little overrated, the warriors should be really really good. Lebron and AD are gonna go for it this year, and Russ should help them out a lot in the regular season.

Maury wrote: View Post
    It's time to get everything wrong again. Here are my predictions:

East
    1. Milwaukee
    2. Brooklyn
    3. Miami
    4. Toronto
    5. Philly
    6. Atlanta
    7. Chicago
    8. Washington
    9. Charlotte
    10. Indiana
    11. New York

West
    1. LA Lakers
    2. Golden State
    3. Phoenix
    4. Utah
    5. Denver
    6. LA Clippers
    7. Dallas
    8. Portland
    9. Memphis
    10. New Orleans
    11. Minnesota

I have New York and San Antonio falling out of the playoffs altogether. The bulls should be good, the hawks are a little overrated, the warriors should be really really good. Lebron and AD are gonna go for it this year, and Russ should help them out a lot in the regular season.
    No Boston? I like it!

East
    1. Brooklyn
    2. Milwaukee
    3. Philly
    4. Miami
    5. Chicago
    6. Atlanta
    7. Boston
    8. Toronto
    9. Indiana
    10. New York
    11. Washignton
    12. Charlotte
    13. Detroit
    14. Cleveland
    15. Orlando

Comment

This will change depending on a few things like a potential Ben Simmons trade. But this is what I see happening:

East
      1. Brooklyn
      2. Milwaukee
      3. Miami
      4. Philly
      5. Atlanta
      6. Indiana
      7. Toronto
      8. Boston
      9. NY
      10. Chicago
      11. Washington
      12. Charlotte
      13. Detroit
      14. Cleveland
      15. Orlando

I've flip flopped so many times, but sticking with this here. I had Indiana out of the playoffs and Chicago in, but I think Indiana will become stabilized next season with Carlisle at the helm. Chicago added some nice pieces but everyone needs the ball in their hands. And it's kind of a weird roster that was put together. Like a Bryan Colangelo roster. The play-in tourney will actually be really fun.

West:
      1. Phoenix
      2. Denver
      3. Utah
      4. LA Lakers
      5. Dallas
      6. Golden State
      7. LA Clippers
      8. Portland
      9. Minnesota
      10. Memphis
      11. New Orleans
      12. Sacramento
      13. OKC
      14. San Antonio
      15. Houston

I think Portland and LAC win the play-in round. They just have too much star talent to not get in. Although I see Minnesota with a big jump. Finch will have them playing the right way. I think Memphis finally takes a dip.. losing JV will hurt them. I don't think the Warriors will have a great season.. but if this plays out like I think it will, they will "upset" the Jazz and get to the second round.

Comment

One thing that struck me, with kawhi out extended and some question marks amongst the "super teams", is East actually better than West this year??? It's close.. Haven't thought that in like 25 years lol.

East

1. Brooklyn
        2. Milwaukee
        3. Miami
        4. Philly
        5. Atlanta
        6. Boston
        7. Toronto
        8. New York
        9. Chicago
        10. Indiana
        11. Washington
        12. Charlotte
        13. Detroit
        14. Cleveland
        15. Orlando

West:

1. Denver
        2. Utah
        3. LA Lakers
        4. Golden State
        5. Dallas
        6. Portland
        7. Phoenix
        8. LA Clippers
        9. Memphis
        10. New Orleans
        11. Minnesota
        12. OKC
        13. San Antonio
        14. Sacramento
        15. Houston
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

1. Bucks
          2. Nets
          3. Heat
          4. Bulls
          5. Celtics
          6. Sixers
          7. Raptors
          8. Hawks
          9. Pacers
          10. Knicks

I think it's pretty obvious who the top 3 teams in the Conf(Bucks, Nets, Heat). I have the Bulls at 4. I think people are sleeping on them. They have now surrounded LaVine with legit talents. Lonzo Ball imo is going to be a star in Chicago.

Sixers at 6 because there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes there. Simmons has become a major distraction. Even if he returns he's going to be a distraction bec everyone know he doesn't want to be there.

I have the Raps at 7. I think they're going to be a tough tough team to play against.

Hawks at 8 and Knicks at 10. What the Knicks and Hawks did last year was a fluke imo.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

1. Nets
            2. Bucks
            3. Heat
            4. Hawks
            5. 76'ers
            6. Celtics
            7. Raptors
            8. Hornets
            9. Bulls
            10. Pacers.
            11. Knicks
            12. Cavs
            ​​​​​​​13. Wizards
            14. Pistons
            15. Magic

Comment

Are you guys placing 76'ers so high based on an expected return for Simmons? It looks almost certain he won't play for Philly this season, so if he's not there that team is likely fighting for the 8th seed. Good chance Embiid sits a bunch of games for rest or injury.

Comment

1. Milwaukee
                2. Brooklyn
                3. Atlanta
                4. Miami
                5. Toronto
                6. Philly
                7. Boston
                8. Chicago
                9. Indiana
                10. New York
                11. Washington

West
                1. LA Lakers
                2. Utah
                3. Phoenix
                4. Utah
                5. Denver
                6. Golden State
                7. Dallas
                8. Portland
                9. Memphis
                10. Clippers
                11. Minnesota

Championship - Milwaukee vs. Lakers =
                Milwaukee repeats

I don’t think Brooklyn will be healthy enough to win this year.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Are you guys placing 76'ers so high based on an expected return for Simmons? It looks almost certain he won't play for Philly this season, so if he's not there that team is likely fighting for the 8th seed. Good chance Embiid sits a bunch of games for rest or injury.
                  I think they will mitigate the Simmons situation where if things start to slide in a major way, they will trade him sooner rather than later and thus fill the void. Although the the whole thing could still collapse if Embiid gets injured and misses a big chunk of the season.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post

I think they will mitigate the Simmons situation where if things start to slide in a major way, they will trade him sooner rather than later and thus fill the void. Although the the whole thing could still collapse if Embiid gets injured and misses a big chunk of the season.
                    It's just not a great roster without Simmons. Will be interesting to see who blinks first. Does the lack of pay get to Simmons or does he hold out long enough for losses to start piling up and they are desperate enough to move him for fair value.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                      1. Bucks
                      2. Nets
                      3. Heat
                      4. Bulls
                      5. Celtics
                      6. Sixers
                      7. Raptors
                      8. Hawks
                      9. Pacers
                      10. Knicks

I think it's pretty obvious who the top 3 teams in the Conf(Bucks, Nets, Heat). I have the Bulls at 4. I think people are sleeping on them. They have now surrounded LaVine with legit talents. Lonzo Ball imo is going to be a star in Chicago.

Sixers at 6 because there's a lot of things going on behind the scenes there. Simmons has become a major distraction. Even if he returns he's going to be a distraction bec everyone know he doesn't want to be there.

I have the Raps at 7. I think they're going to be a tough tough team to play against.

Hawks at 8 and Knicks at 10. What the Knicks and Hawks did last year was a fluke imo.
                      Problem with the Bulls is twofold: none of their starters can defend, and despite surrounding Lavine with legit talent, their best player is still Lavine. When your best player isn't great and you can't defend at most of your positions, you're in for a middling season.

Now, if they had a good coach that specializes in figuring out star players roles and whatnot, say Thibs or D'Antoni, I'd think they're in for a 4th seed type of year. But instead, they have known average turd Billy Donovan. I think the Raptors are much better, Bulls will be in the play in mix.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Problem with the Bulls is twofold: none of their starters can defend, and despite surrounding Lavine with legit talent, their best player is still Lavine. When your best player isn't great and you can't defend at most of your positions, you're in for a middling season.

Now, if they had a good coach that specializes in figuring out star players roles and whatnot, say Thibs or D'Antoni, I'd think they're in for a 4th seed type of year. But instead, they have known average turd Billy Donovan. I think the Raptors are much better, Bulls will be in the play in mix.
                        Lavine put up 27.5 PPG on 31% USG with 64% TS%. That's about as great as scoring gets in the NBA.

TBH, Lavine is exactly what this Raptors team needs at SG.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

i remember listening to a zach lowe podcast with baxter holmes a few years ago (when he was their beat writer for ESPN) and being surprised at the high esteem in which he held donavan. he insisted he was a great basketball mind but that russell westbrook is just really hard to coach, and goes completely off-script at will.

fast forward a bit and they massively overachieved the moment they traded away westbrook. most would attribute that solely to chris paul, which i get.

but he might actually be a decent coach. hard to tell from the bulls performance last year... that roster was so young and i really dislike some of their guys that they are/were invested in (i.e. white, markkanen). i've been bullish on the bulls being bad for years while many on this board have been picking them to make the playoffs, but i think this year might finally be the year they make the leap to respectability and finish somewhere in the 6 to 8 range

Comment

Put it over in another thread too but the Bulls have a bunch of very good basketball players, and in the end that matters a lot even if the pieces aren't a perfect or ideal fit.

Demar's going to be really key for pulling it together. He's a team-first guy, he's willing to adapt and evolve and he's become a very good facilitator. I think the ball moves well there, they'll be able to score a lot, and they'll be able to defend enough to still win quite a bit. They'll be pushing for homecourt in the first round.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Lavine put up 27.5 PPG on 31% USG with 64% TS%. That's about as great as scoring gets in the NBA.

TBH, Lavine is exactly what this Raptors team needs at SG.
                              The most Zach Lavine teams have ever won is 31 games. Once he wins 32 games, let alone the playoffs, I'll consider using superlatives like "great"

Comment

Working...
                              X