Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #1 - Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 109 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    Sorry I wrote "so to me" way too many times LOL. Didn't proof read
    It is forgiven....... one time only.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      I totally agree.

I even called out Lowry in a few posts and Ross in one of them.

Most of Lowry's dumb shots were at the beginning of the game. The crux of the issue in this situation is when the Raps got up 20 DD went away from what was working well for the TEAM. Passing and moving the ball is a thing of beauty and the Raps were excelling for 75% of the 2nd half. Ball stopping and hero ball nearly cost the game. That is just for major, major criticism. When or if Lowry/Ross/DD/Whoever does it, I intend on voicing my frustration.

Do not forget the thread was derailed by people objecting to well deserved criticism.
      Oh okay, I didn't realized you criticised Lowry and Ross as well. I'm down for DD criticism even though I'm a fan of his I just want to see that same level of criticism for guys like Lowry as well. Because I just find when Lowry shoots the ball badly everyone just kind of ignores it and tries to act like it's because every shot he takes is a good shot when it isn't. He takes a lot of quick threes and sometimes forces the action and goes hero ball himself. DD did do it at a bad time last game though, I won't deny that. But I wouldn't go as far as to say he was the sole reason for the Atlanta comeback. Everyone who was on the court at that time has to take blame for it as well as the coaches. I just feel DD is being pinpointed a little too much for his hero ball ways at times when plenty of important players on our team do it as well.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Seriously can we close this thread
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I will make the next game thread in about an hour unless Joey wants to do it
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
            I will make the next game thread in about an hour unless Joey wants to do it
            Just did. If you have any of your flair you'd like to add, let me know! Haha

Comment

• Done with my memes for the day....
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• So appropriate......

What the non-haters fail to realize is that criticism is what got DeRozan to this point in his career. Responding to valid criticism, and honing his craft accordingly, is exactly why he’s improved. People chastised him for his ball-handling, so what do you see in the offseason? Videos of DeRozan working on his handles. People chastised him for his three-point shooting, so DeRozan fine-tuned his shot. Same with his defense, same with his passing.

And that’s not to say abject criticism, or hating, is good. It’s not. But that’s not what people are saying about DeRozan. What most people want is what I want — to be able to have a conversation about one of the best players on the team.

But it can’t be done.
                http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2014/...demar-derozan/

Comment

• LMFAO

"What the non-haters fail to realize is that criticism is what got DeRozan to this point in his career. Responding to valid criticism, and honing his craft accordingly, is exactly why he’s improved. People chastised him for his ball-handling, so what do you see in the offseason? Videos of DeRozan working on his handles. People chastised him for his three-point shooting, so DeRozan fine-tuned his shot. Same with his defense, same with his passing."

A blogger taking credit,,,,, yeah really,,, lmfao, along with his fellow "chastisers" for inspiring DeMar to greater heights. Can't say anything but lmfao

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
                    LMFAO

"What the non-haters fail to realize is that criticism is what got DeRozan to this point in his career. Responding to valid criticism, and honing his craft accordingly, is exactly why he’s improved. People chastised him for his ball-handling, so what do you see in the offseason? Videos of DeRozan working on his handles. People chastised him for his three-point shooting, so DeRozan fine-tuned his shot. Same with his defense, same with his passing."

A blogger taking credit,,,,, yeah really,,, lmfao, along with his fellow "chastisers" for inspiring DeMar to greater heights. Can't say anything but lmfao
                    Lol

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      I totally agree.

I even called out Lowry in a few posts and Ross in one of them.

Most of Lowry's dumb shots were at the beginning of the game. The crux of the issue in this situation is when the Raps got up 20 DD went away from what was working well for the TEAM. Passing and moving the ball is a thing of beauty and the Raps were excelling for 75% of the 2nd half. Ball stopping and hero ball nearly cost the game. That is just for major, major criticism. When or if Lowry/Ross/DD/Whoever does it, I intend on voicing my frustration.

Do not forget the thread was derailed by people objecting to well deserved criticism.
                      Agree. But guys like DD sometimes need to take some tough shots when they're having a rough game to hopefully make some and get the confidence back

I've noticed that when DD is having a tough shooting night he tries to get to the rim and draw a foul. Making free throws tends to calm him down and he starts hitting his outside shots. Since he wasn't getting calls he normally gets he forced up some tough ones that if he made could have got him into a groove.

Not an excuse to go hero ball as much as he did. At the same time he is our go to scorer so sometimes u just have to live with it (to an extent) to see of he can get going.

Also, early in the season, after a summer of hard work developing new skills, it makes sense guys will want to show them off. It'll probably be a couple games before they figure out how they can use their new skills best to help the team.

One last thing. Anyone notice KL shot looks different? He has a bit of a lean/off balance look. Wonder if that's new? Anyone else notice that?
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                        But we should believe that Derozans 25% shooting night WILL continue?
                        There shouldn't be any difference between how we judge the two, considering Demar had a higher FG% last year than Kyle Lowry ... 42.9% vs. 42.3%.
                        It's his shot selection/decision making that's the problem.

Comment

• /whistles and walks away

Comment

• I must say, this has to be one of the most epic game threads ever. The second would have to be Rudy's famous 37-shot night against the Rockets.

Nonetheless, I would have to say that I agree with the people who are willing to discuss the low points and criticisms of a match in spite of it ending in a victory. Win or lose, there is always something that can be taken away from a game. And when you almost sacrifice a 20+ point lead, there is definitely something that the team can improve upon.
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• Couldn't really find anyplace else for this, but since it is based on opening night I will stick it here. Good read.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Couldn't really find anyplace else for this, but since it is based on opening night I will stick it here. Good read.
                                Wonder why this was published so many days after....but a nice visual about the event for MU. No "comparison" intended ...lol..but ...

“I do random things during the game,” he admits. “I just can’t watch. Sometimes I go up in my office and work. Other times I’ll drive home in the middle of the game."

is how I tend to watch most games!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X