Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice OP.

My eyetest: Off. raggedy mostly.

Surprised that the def. is ahead of the off.

Maybe it's the new player combos or incorporating new plays but the Raps mostly played teams they should be taking to the woodshed and didnt. Keep reminding myself: Preseason. We'll see Wed. against Atlanta a decent team.

Glad that Lowry the leader is looking like he is loaded for bear...it starts with him.

Comment

rightsideup wrote: View Post
      3 pt shooting is a concern but we need to rebound better
      i've been saying since the end of last season that i doubt patterson and vasquez are gonna be lighting it up from downtown like they did last year. if thats gonna be the case, then lack of outside shooting and rebounding is gonna be frightening.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Nice OP.

My eyetest: Off. raggedy mostly.

Surprised that the def. is ahead of the off.

Maybe it's the new player combos or incorporating new plays but the Raps mostly played teams they should be taking to the woodshed and didnt. Keep reminding myself: Preseason. We'll see Wed. against Atlanta a decent team.

Glad that Lowry the leader is looking like he is loaded for bear...it starts with him.
        One of the dumb dumbs on SiriusNBA said Atlanta will get the 3rd with 50 wins....lol

The other guy said Washington would win 54 games lol.

Raps predicted at 4th and 5th and 50/48 wins respectively

To show you how stupid these guys were, one of them took the over on almost everyone one. There aren't THAT many games lol
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

It's preseason for heaven sake. The only stat that means anything is we have 15 healthy bodies (excepting Fields' arm) going into the real games.

Comment

I know it's only preseason. I don't care about the efficiency. I care about the mentality. What are we trying to accomplish this season? Why not use meaningless gametime experience to do something other than shoot jumpers?

I doubt the bigs are going to get more touches when it matters.

Look at other teams: Enes Kanter 12.2 FGA/g. Andre Drummond 11.9 FGA/g. Kyle Anderson (a Spurs rookie) got more FGA per game than Val. So did Chicago's rookie Doug McDermott.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              I know it's only preseason. I don't care about the efficiency. I care about the mentality. What are we trying to accomplish this season? Why not use meaningless gametime experience to do something other than shoot jumpers?

I doubt the bigs are going to get more touches when it matters.

Look at other teams: Enes Kanter 12.2 FGA/g. Andre Drummond 11.9 FGA/g. Kyle Anderson (a Spurs rookie) got more FGA per game than Val. So did Chicago's rookie Doug McDermott.
              Kyle Andrerson
              Last game 1-3 FGM/FGA
              Then 3-4, 5-10, 4-9, 2-5, 3-5. That one game inflated his FGA average.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Kyle Andrerson
                Last game 1-3 FGM/FGA
                Then 3-4, 5-10, 4-9, 2-5, 3-5. That one game inflated his FGA average.
                He had two games where he got 9 shots. Jonas didn't have one. Anderson has yet to play a regular season game, is a backup, a 30th pick, on the defending champs, one of the deepest teams in the league. That's compared to a third-year player, a blue-chip 5th pick prospect, a starter, on a team that has few other big man options.

And the problem isn't just confined to Jonas.

Let's take a look at TRoss.

People are always saying TRoss can drive, but is only doing what he is told by camping out on the 3 point line. Last season he had the worst free-throw draw rate other than Steve Novak.

Here's a review of TRoss's preseason:
                vs SAC: 3 three pointers attempted, 6 jumpers from 19-20ft, 1 shot at rim.
                vs BOS: 5 three pointers attempted, 1 jumpers from 21ft.
                @ NYK: 8 three pointers attempted, 2 jumpers from 17-22ft, 2 shots at rim.
                @ BOS: 4 three pointers attempted, 3 jumpers from 20-22ft, 4 jumpers from 15-16ft, 3 shots at rim.
                @ OKC: 10 three pointers attempted, 2 jumpers from 20-22 ft, 2 jumpers from 11-16 ft, 4 shots at rim.
                vs MAC: 4 three pointers attempted, 2 jumpers from 19-21 ft, 1 jumper from 16 ft, 5 shots near rim.
                vs NYK: 2 three pointers attempted, 1 jumper from 21 ft, 3 shots near rim.

So of his 78 FGA, he took 36 three pointers, 17 long twos, 9 mid-range jumpers, and 18 shots at the rim.

This is comparable to his shot selection last year, when he took 24% of his shots closer than 10 ft and 76% from farther than 10 ft. We just gave him more shots in total. His free-throw draw rate was pretty much exactly the same in preseason (.128) as it was last season (.130).

How are we going to develop the weaker parts of these guys' games unless they are directed to work on those parts of their games?

Like Jonas, TRoss is going to have less freedom during the regular season, not more. In eight games we saw pretty much the same things we saw last year: TRoss camping and chucking, and Val getting looked off for long jumpers.

It's only preseason... but that's the whole point. I'd rather go 0-8 in preseason and have our guys get meaningful practice than go 7-1 and do nothing of value.

Comment

Working...
                X