Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T. Ross. Still a better idea than Andre Drummond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fully wrote: View Post
    What on earth are you talking about?

My original comment was in response to another poster basically saying that Drummond's rebounding numbers were simply because he was on a team that missed a lot of shots, which is quite flatly, ridiculous. Every player has the opportunity to get their hands on rebound and yet Drummond consistently does a better job of it than his teammates and opponents. I'm not turning this into a Drummond vs. JV or a Drummond vs. Amir discussion so take a couple deep breathes and relax. It'd just be nice if people didn't have to bash any non-Raptor player that comes in a discussion in order to pump up our own guys.
    When you are the centre who gets to constantly be in the same lineup as Josh Smith, with 3.4 3pt attempts per game (26% 3pt shooting), and Brandon Jennings, with 5.7 3pt attempts per game (34% 3pt shooting). You WILL have many offensive rebounds available to grab per game. I think what says more about his ability, than just how many rebounds per game Drummond gets, would be a stat for the % rebounds over available rebounds for the centre (a function of how close to the rim every other player is, if your team is attacking the paint, more rebound available for guards, if your team is shooting from perimeter, more rebounds available for centre).

How many rebounds are in a Detroit pistons game? Detroit is the league leader in offensive rebounds AND they are second last in 3pt shooting % AND they are 4th in the league in FGA (while 20th in FG%). That is the perfect situation for a Centre who wants to buff his rebounding stats.
    Last edited by enlightenment; Sat Oct 25, 2014, 04:04 PM.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Drummond is the kind of trade chip that could be part of a package for a superstar player or another top level prospect.

Obviously better than picking Ross.

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
        Drummond is the kind of trade chip that could be part of a package for a superstar player or another top level prospect.

Summed up succinctly.

Nicely done.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          When you are the centre who gets to constantly be in the same lineup as Josh Smith, with 3.4 3pt attempts per game (26% 3pt shooting), and Brandon Jennings, with 5.7 3pt attempts per game (34% 3pt shooting). You WILL have many offensive rebounds available to grab per game. I think what says more about his ability, than just how many rebounds per game Drummond gets, would be a stat for the % rebounds over available rebounds for the centre (a function of how close to the rim every other player is, if your team is attacking the paint, more rebound available for guards, if your team is shooting from perimeter, more rebounds available for centre).

How many rebounds are in a Detroit pistons game? Detroit is the league leader in offensive rebounds AND they are second last in 3pt shooting % AND they are 4th in the league in FGA (while 20th in FG%). That is the perfect situation for a Centre who wants to buff his rebounding stats.
          You're not too far from the answer. Drummond is amongst the top 3 for rebounding chances per game (3rd, to be exact). The thing is, the other two are also pretty damn good rebounders, you might know them. Kevin Love and DeAndre Jordan. You might notice that the 3 were the top 3 rebounders in the league last season.

This basically tells us that great rebounders are a mix of luck and talent, as Drummond, Love, and Jordan grabbed over 64% of their rebounding chances per game. So yeah, Drummond had a very high number of rebounding chances, but, others whom we also consider top rebounders also have very high numbers of rebounding chances. Drummond is no different.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingR...lters=MIN*G*18

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

Like JV for Harden? You can't have it both ways. Either JV would have turned into something or Drummond would have but I don't think we can say both would have. Instead you have one of them and Ross who is still an unfinished product.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
              Like JV for Harden? You can't have it both ways. Either JV would have turned into something or Drummond would have but I don't think we can say both would have. Instead you have one of them and Ross who is still an unfinished product.
              Exactly.

You don't keep both JV and Drummond long term.

Here is the question: would Drummond and/or JV return a better player than Ross?

Yes to both me thinks.

Here is another question: could Ross still have been had on draft night plus another asset?

Yes again me thinks.

Comment

Oddly, very little of this conversation focuses upon Terrence Ross, and his obvious retarded improvement.

Hell, I like him, but from what I see..... he isn't getting all that better.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                  Exactly.

You don't keep both JV and Drummond long term.

Here is the question: would Drummond and/or JV return a better player than Ross?

Yes to both me thinks.

Here is another question: could Ross still have been had on draft night plus another asset?

Yes again me thinks.
                  On you second point that's what irked me most about the pick, I have no problem taking Ross but we could have traded back and picked up an asset or another pick and still had Ross at the same time
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

Oddly, very little of this conversation focuses upon Terrence Ross, and his obvious retarded improvement.

Hell, I like him, but from what I see..... he isn't getting all that better.
                    He regressed
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Anyone who still takes Ross over Drummond should either be writing epic Greek poetry or working at a power plant in Springfield.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        Anyone who still takes Ross over Drummond should either be writing epic Greek poetry or working at a power plant in Springfield.
                        Yes but can we stop talking about it every year lmao
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          Yes but can we stop talking about it every year lmao
                          Yeah, exactly. I think we determined Ross wasn't the best pick back at the 2012 Draft(!!!)
                          There's no need to go through this again and again. Ross is a good player. Drummond is a better player. We missed out on Drummond's potential impact through trades and/or through play. Can we move on?

Comment

Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                            Yeah, exactly. I think we determined Ross wasn't the best pick back at the 2012 Draft(!!!)
                            There's no need to go through this again and again. Ross is a good player. Drummond is a better player. We missed out on Drummond's potential impact through trades and/or through play. Can we move on?

Comment

You are welcome to move on, nobody forcing you to a) read or b) respond

If you don't understand the thread, just ask and I will explain, I just assumed that after hearing nothing but hype all offseason and wishful chatter about how hard Ross worked and how mature he was, people might be a little let down to see how insignificant he has been so far. He doesn't make the game simple for himself.... I think you either have it, or you do not.

I'm not certain he does, this off season was supposed to be a bit of a watershed moment..... I'm underwhelmed so far.

I'd sure as shit enjoy watching JV and Drummond together for stretches though....heh, it would be hilarious.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X