Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many wins for the 2014-15 Toronto Raptors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

lol 50 wins? Casey doesn't think so
    Actually he's saying he doesn't think about number of wins in the least, and chuckles at the thought that it's a media/fans game to predict wins, but not something that even enters his mind. He explains that his focus is on player development and team growth

Comment

Their first 11 games are as easy as it gets really. Its not impossible that they go 9-2 or even better to start the season. They could take #1 early on if they take every game seriously.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

"50 wins?? Who's 'they'? Who's 'they'?"

Raptors Republic, Coach, do you even internet?

Comment

I'll go with 49 wins, but I say that hoping the team proves me wrong.

50 wins is definitely reachable, just gotta always take care of the teams we're supposed to beat.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
            I'll go with 49 wins, but I say that hoping the team proves me wrong.

50 wins is definitely reachable, just gotta always take care of the teams we're supposed to beat.
            50 is def reachable. They should've won 50 last year actually. Remember the OKC game at home and the Warriors game in Oakland? Raps should've won both those games.

Like, how how do you lose a game when you're up by 8 with 49 secs left? that game still gives me nightmares lol. And the Warriors game, i believe the Raps were up by 28 at the start of the 4th, and i think they ended up losing that game by 10 or something? smh.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

lol 50 wins? Casey doesn't think so
              Watch it again but listen this time.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                50 is def reachable. They should've won 50 last year actually. Remember the OKC game at home and the Warriors game in Oakland? Raps should've won both those games.

Like, how how do you lose a game when you're up by 8 with 49 secs left? that game still gives me nightmares lol. And the Warriors game, i believe the Raps were up by 28 at the start of the 4th, and i think they ended up losing that game by 10 or something? smh.
                Was that the OKC game in T.O.? I don't remember how the final minute unfolded, but if that's the game then the answer to your question would be "Kevin Durant." I don't believe in "we should have won that one" when one of the two best players in basketball beats you flat out with some fantastic clutch shooting. That's what great players do.

I still feel bad for Amir Johnson having to chase KD out to the 3 pt line in that game. There was a moment the Raps could have used James Johnson...
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I don't get people that are predicting less than 48 games this season. We got 48 games last season and thats with starting it horribly. If we get off to a good start this year I don't see why we can't reach at least 50. I get that certain teams got better but I think the raptors got better too this year so I'm predicting 53 wins this season.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Was that the OKC game in T.O.? I don't remember how the final minute unfolded, but if that's the game then the answer to your question would be "Kevin Durant." I don't believe in "we should have won that one" when one of the two best players in basketball beats you flat out with some fantastic clutch shooting. That's what great players do.

I still feel bad for Amir Johnson having to chase KD out to the 3 pt line in that game. There was a moment the Raps could have used James Johnson...
                    Yes.

I don't care if OKC had Michael Jordan. If you have an 8 point lead w/ 49 secs left, you should win that game.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Yes.

I don't care if OKC had Michael Jordan. If you have an 8 point lead w/ 49 secs left, you should win that game.
                      Nice. I'll respectfully disagree, because it's basketball. The rules favour the offensive player, and a guy like Durant (the best offensive player in the league) can get a three point shot off from 2-3 feet beyond the line with your PF's hand in his face and still hit it. Assuming you played everything right up to that point, you can't do anything about that shot - that's basketball.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I find predictions like this rather useless, but I will say that if the Raptors start slow, they are going to have a hard time making to 50 as we all hope, and many expect, the team to do. The first stretch of fifteen games, mostly at home, will be more important this year than in the past. We have at least one starter, Amir Johnson, who is notoriously slow to start. Lowry and DeRozan are already in peak form. Ross is still inconsistent based on the pre-season. Valanciunas is ready to go.

But the bench needs better chemistry. I worry about the pairing of Vasquez and Williams, the no-defence brothers. On the plus side, the pairing of Patterson and Hansbrough is working well on defence. I expect Patrick to get hot once the season starts.

Comment

didn't that warriors/raptors game set some really embarrassing record in the entire nba or something?

and wow that okc game was just ridiculously unbelievable. then again, so is KD.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                            I find predictions like this rather useless, but I will say that if the Raptors start slow, they are going to have a hard time making to 50 as we all hope, and many expect, the team to do. The first stretch of fifteen games, mostly at home, will be more important this year than in the past. We have at least one starter, Amir Johnson, who is notoriously slow to start. Lowry and DeRozan are already in peak form. Ross is still inconsistent based on the pre-season. Valanciunas is ready to go.

But the bench needs better chemistry. I worry about the pairing of Vasquez and Williams, the no-defence brothers. On the plus side, the pairing of Patterson and Hansbrough is working well on defence. I expect Patrick to get hot once the season starts.
                            I see others like you being weary of the Lou-Vas backcourt pairing but what is there to worry about? What bench players out there are gonna torch them? And if Lou-Vas are getting torched they can score all that back on offense it's not like we're gonna play them together for big stretches
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I would rather see Lowry-Vasquez or Williams-Ross as backcourt pairings. You can hide one poor defender, but not two. Maybe Williams will prove me wrong, as the coach said his defence has improved, but at least during pre-season Vasquez-Williams did not work out well on either end of the court. Part of that was Greivis missing a lot of shots, but most of it was a lack of organization in the half-court offence.

There are some guys that are not effective together. That is why you never see Valanciunas and Hansbrough on the court at the same time.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                                I would rather see Lowry-Vasquez or Williams-Ross as backcourt pairings. You can hide one poor defender, but not two. Maybe Williams will prove me wrong, as the coach said his defence has improved, but at least during pre-season Vasquez-Williams did not work out well on either end of the court. Part of that was Greivis missing a lot of shots, but most of it was a lack of organization in the half-court offence.

There are some guys that are not effective together. That is why you never see Valanciunas and Hansbrough on the court at the same time.
                                There's a reason we don't see a Jonas-Tyler pairing. One of them isn't very good.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X