X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Away Games in Ford Square?

Hey Y'all;

I was hoping somebody could give me some feedback on this one:

Are Raptors away games shown on the big screen outside of the ACC? If so, does attending these games require a ticket or is it just a first-come first-permitted format until they reach some pre-determined capacity?

Thanks for any input.

I don't think that there will be anything set up at Ford Square during away games. But that can change.

The games that have a 'Party in the Square' generally are free, but obviously, the earlier you go, the better spot you get. During the playoffs, the atmosphere in the square was arguably just as crazy as inside the ACC itself. I don't think it will be so crazy during the regular season, but Im sure that there will be many people who plan on attending nonetheless, so keep that in mind.

I know that the home opener (this wednesday) will have a 'Party in the Square' event just like during the playoffs. Live DJ and giveaways. There is a thread about it somewhere on these forums.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
      I don't think that there will be anything set up at Ford Square during away games. But that can change.

The games that have a 'Party in the Square' generally are free, but obviously, the earlier you go, the better spot you get. During the playoffs, the atmosphere in the square was arguably just as crazy as inside the ACC itself. I don't think it will be so crazy during the regular season, but Im sure that there will be many people who plan on attending nonetheless, so keep that in mind.

I know that the home opener (this wednesday) will have a 'Party in the Square' event just like during the playoffs. Live DJ and giveaways. There is a thread about it somewhere on these forums.
      Thanks pal. The reason I ask is that some friends and I were thinking it would be cool to head south to Toronto and attend two games, but they don't play back-to-back home games on a Friday & Saturday that I can tell. I'm assuming that one could enjoy an adult beverage out there in the square as long as you're very discrete about it...

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
        Thanks pal. The reason I ask is that some friends and I were thinking it would be cool to head south to Toronto and attend two games, but they don't play back-to-back home games on a Friday & Saturday that I can tell. I'm assuming that one could enjoy an adult beverage out there in the square as long as you're very discrete about it...
        Just go to Real Sports Bar that is right there. The TV in there is like a movie screen, and it's not cold.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Just go to Real Sports Bar that is right there. The TV in there is like a movie screen, and it's not cold.
          True, true. I guess I'm thinking from a Sudbury mindset where trying to get a ball game on at a sports bar is an exercise in futility most of the time. People would rather watch the TSN NHL panel than a live Raptors game...end of mini rant.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
            True, true. I guess I'm thinking from a Sudbury mindset where trying to get a ball game on at a sports bar is an exercise in futility most of the time. People would rather watch the TSN NHL panel than a live Raptors game...end of mini rant.
            You're right, but if the Leafs are playing on a Saturday night, you're not getting the game on anywhere anyways! You're better off picking one of the Saturday evening Raptor games to go to, and try ur luck at the bars on Friday night. As long as the Leafs aren't playing, they'll put the Raptors on pretty much everywhere I know for you.

Comment

Working...
            X