X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

The horrible precedent was everyone publicly throwing Ben under the bus when they lost in the playoffs and taking zero blame for themselves. That started this whole shit show. Could you imagine Masai and Casey doing that to Derozan?

They also easily could have traded him by now and avoided this as well. That would be the right thing to do after publicly blaming him for all their ills. It's not Ben's fault he's still on Philly having to put up this charade.

It's a bad situation but the only one who can fix it is Morey, not Ben. Ben is doing what he needs to do to get paid while Morey screws around.
    No, I can't imagine Dwane Casey throwing his entire team under the bus by wearing his Mavs championship ring on the podium after we got swept in the first round. lol.

That said, Embiid and Doc Rivers only said out loud what everybody and their brother was saying. Straight facts. But they were "heat of the moment" comments and they should have retracted them the next day. That's where Morey should have stepped in, took the blame, and smoothed things over between all parties. Masai would have done that for sure.

The other thing is that it's not like Simmons refusing to shoot just started in the playoffs. It's been going on for years and he's being paid like a max player to work on it and execute the team game plan. You can easily envision Sixers' team film session after film session where the coach points out where Ben should have taken that shot and followed the game plan, but he didn't. Embiid/Rivers comments were just frustration and disappointment boiling over, but like I said with a little finesse and leadership from Morey, this situation could have been avoided. The buck stops with him.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

I don't really care cause it's good for the Raps if there is chaos in Philly but having a young star in the league throwing a public temper tantrum and sabotaging his team is not something I can get behind cause it sets a horrible precedent going forward.
    The horrible precedent was everyone publicly throwing Ben under the bus when they lost in the playoffs and taking zero blame for themselves. That started this whole shit show. Could you imagine Masai and Casey doing that to Derozan?

They also easily could have traded him by now and avoided this as well. That would be the right thing to do after publicly blaming him for all their ills. It's not Ben's fault he's still on Philly having to put up this charade.

It's a bad situation but the only one who can fix it is Morey, not Ben. Ben is doing what he needs to do to get paid while Morey screws around.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Honestly i like what Ben is doing.. Fuck the 6ers. They have no one to blame but Doc, Morey and Joel.
    I don't really care cause it's good for the Raps if there is chaos in Philly but having a young star in the league throwing a public temper tantrum and sabotaging his team is not something I can get behind cause it sets a horrible precedent going forward.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

https://stathead.com/tiny/X69QJ - players comparison so I am not surprise that you would protest….

However, he maybe cheaper than Boucher though when they are due to get paid, what do you think?

He is only 22 in comparison to Boucher who is 28

Still room for improvement, no?
    Problem is ... he has been in the league for at least 3 years... this is when he will be up for his extension and its not like ayton.... he has a long long long long long way to go. To be fair I would rather have neither. I think Boucher has defensive issues ( he is defensively better than bagley and offensively better too). His caphold is more actually becuase he is coming off his rookie extension and may ask for more based on his potential. Current contracts can be seen below:

Boucher -> $6.5 million

Bagley -> $8.9 million

His suckage isn't based on him being on the kings its based on him being bad.

Again on the defensive numbers he ranked almost the worst out of all of these people or close to the worst..... and on the offfensive numbers he sucked too. His effective field goal percentage is another good example based on the comparison tool you popped up. Chris is better by several percentage points.

I am just goingg to focus on per 36 numbers to be as fair as I can. For the record boucher put up better numbers even though bagley averaged 25 minutes a night vs chris' 16 minutes a night.

Chris is better at blocking shots. Blocks 3 times the amount or pretty close 1.1 vs 2.9. He is half as turnover prone. Remember our new system will require very very very high IQ players on both ends of the floor.

Bagley sucks at freethrows too... shoots 66.3% vs Chris shooting 79%.

Look our player development is good .. I don't think its super easy to fix all of that. That is a lot to gamble on for a position that we saw is important. Only thing he does well is rebound well. I would much rather get JV and I do not think he would fit the current iteration of the team either.

This video is from his rookie year. It shows most of his potential being on the offensive end yet at the same time highlights big issues that would continue on this team. He has bad vision meaning he is either an offensive black hole and can only think score which would be fine I suppose if he was super great on offense but my above post demonstrated he has a bad shooter from outside midrange and inside he can't finish.

The video if you don't want to watch it highlights how he is bad at transition because he misses easy passes. That would be one thing if he was still a rookie although concerning... still it is things that you could hopefully work out.

When you are picking top 4 in the draft you want to pick someone who at the very bare minimum has a high basketball IQ and understanding of the game. That will make them very serviceable. Regardless of position and other skills.

Bagley was taken #2. Again look at our most recent draft as a good example. Don't even need to look at Barnes. Everyone in the top 4-5 picks is at least good at their understanding of the floor. I truly believe it is hard to increase one's basketball IQ. You have to start at a base line and you can improve and get better but only to a threshold level.

Barnes is a perfect example of what high BBBIQ in a rookie does where you start seeing him read the game at a different level making him look like a vet. Although he himself makes rookie mistakes. But even then he learns from it quickly within a game.

Bagley doesn't have this. We need quick decision makers in transition, and decent and willing passers. We have room for one offensive ... GTJ. That is all.
    Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Oct 20, 2021, 09:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Let's do a deeper dive on this ... lets look at his shots. Ok... So this is from a kings blog article that I will cite below. He ranked in the -th percentage from effective field goal range for big men....

at the rim he shot in the 10th percentile. Midrange 14th. He shot 42% on layups... yikes....

Out of players who defended at the rim and defended 3 shots per game at the rim he ranked 99/107. I mean I am not going to rate everything htat he sucks at but the stats ....are not great. his defensive rating was second worst in the league at one point at 115.8 he finished worse than that because this was a january article. He finished 116.5ish... and for the record he played the whole year so its not like how you have some players with a defensive rating of 185.. because they randomly played in a blow out.

Again every single sentence of this article gets more and more and more depressing. I am not the biggest boucher believer long term for this team but if we did that trade... I would honestly protest.

https://kingsherald.com/articles/nba...-bagley-stats/
    https://stathead.com/tiny/X69QJ - players comparison so I am not surprise that you would protest….

However, he maybe cheaper than Boucher though when they are due to get paid, what do you think?

He is only 22 in comparison to Boucher who is 28

Still room for improvement, no?

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

bagley by the numbers is the worst defensive center in the entire league even worse than baynes. but yeah sure lets do that.

ok sorry I lied a bit I went an checked. Out of 540 possible players from lasty ear for defensive rating Bagley ranked 512
    Let's do a deeper dive on this ... lets look at his shots. Ok... So this is from a kings blog article that I will cite below. He ranked in the -th percentage from effective field goal range for big men....

at the rim he shot in the 10th percentile. Midrange 14th. He shot 42% on layups... yikes....

Out of players who defended at the rim and defended 3 shots per game at the rim he ranked 99/107. I mean I am not going to rate everything htat he sucks at but the stats ....are not great. his defensive rating was second worst in the league at one point at 115.8 he finished worse than that because this was a january article. He finished 116.5ish... and for the record he played the whole year so its not like how you have some players with a defensive rating of 185.. because they randomly played in a blow out.

Again every single sentence of this article gets more and more and more depressing. I am not the biggest boucher believer long term for this team but if we did that trade... I would honestly protest.

https://kingsherald.com/articles/nba...-bagley-stats/

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    Sacramento soured on their 2018 no.2 draft pick.

Marvin Bagley actually had decent numbers last season.

Will the Raptors consider a Boucher for Bagley offer?
    bagley by the numbers is the worst defensive center in the entire league even worse than baynes. but yeah sure lets do that.

ok sorry I lied a bit I went an checked. Out of 540 possible players from lasty ear for defensive rating Bagley ranked 512
    Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Tue Oct 19, 2021, 11:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Honestly i like what Ben is doing.. Fuck the 6ers. They have no one to blame but Doc, Morey and Joel.

Ask yourself why this happened... Doc threw him under the bus after hawks series. Those comments were damming. Joel his co-star didn't back him up, Which was probably very conscious. That Joels team, he is the best player and he has never got passed the 2nd round. What is Phillys best playoff series win? Cause only won 3. Last year vs a horrible washington, 2019 vs a Nets team of role players and 2018 vs the Heat who were lead by an old ass wade.

This best series sixer have had in the Joel era was vs us. And that was Jimmy leading the team. Instead of shouldering some blame he was fine to pass it all off the Ben...

Then Morey publicly shops Ben for a ridiculous price refusing to budge and doesn't resolve the huge public issue..

If im Ben i don't trust my coach, i don't trust my co-star who is shifting all the blame to me in order to distract from his own short comings and i dont trust my GM to trade me.... So fuck you ill tank my value and force your hand..

It's crazy those 3 arn't catching the same if not more heat then Ben for this whole thing
    I like it too but too obvious. Can't be too blatant or he might not get that bag. Trouble in Philly always makes me happy

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    Coming soon to the Philadelphia Seventy Sixers.....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

Ask yourself why this happened... Doc threw him under the bus after hawks series. Those comments were damming. Joel his co-star didn't back him up, Which was probably very conscious. That Joels team, he is the best player and he has never got passed the 2nd round. What is Phillys best playoff series win? Cause only won 3. Last year vs a horrible washington, 2019 vs a Nets team of role players and 2018 vs the Heat who were lead by an old ass wade.

This best series sixer have had in the Joel era was vs us. And that was Jimmy leading the team. Instead of shouldering some blame he was fine to pass it all off the Ben...

Then Morey publicly shops Ben for a ridiculous price refusing to budge and doesn't resolve the huge public issue..

If im Ben i don't trust my coach, i don't trust my co-star who is shifting all the blame to me in order to distract from his own short comings and i dont trust my GM to trade me.... So fuck you ill tank my value and force your hand..

It's crazy those 3 arn't catching the same if not more heat then Ben for this whole thing

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

lmao

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Sacramento soured on their 2018 no.2 draft pick.

Marvin Bagley actually had decent numbers last season.

Will the Raptors consider a Boucher for Bagley offer?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Tsn's Overdrive with an extended interview with Masai
    Hopefully Jamie McLennan asked him pressing questions about the Leafs 4th line LW

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Tsn's Overdrive with an extended interview with Masai

Leave a comment:

• blackjitsu
    replied
    I've never been a fan of Simmons. I think a lot of the praise that he gets is from being a top draft pick. He has made zero effort to improve since being drafted. That said, the Sixers ran him over at the end of last season. The head coach basically put all the blame on him. So did his teammates. The front office did nothing to kill that narrative with the media.

They spent a good 2 weeks blaming the kid in Philly media for everything wrong with the Sixers and then when he says that he wants to be traded, he's the bad guy? How does that work? The Sixers have made zero legit effort to trade Simmons. They could have gotten solid trades from the Pacers, Raps, Spurs, etc... But every team that has made a reasonable offer have been countered with fantasy. People need to stop blaming this kid for an issue that the FO failed to properly manage.

If you follow Philly/Sixers media (I listen to a couple pods) there's no way Ben can play for that team. He will get destroyed by the fans. These guys booed Santa Claus! IF Ben has to act a fool to get traded, then let him act the fool. If a similar situation happened in Toronto would Masai let Simmons take 100% of the blame for a loss like the Sixers front office did? Stop blaming players for bad management

Leave a comment:

Working...
X