X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Hotshot wrote: View Post

Simmons already told them since the summertime he wasn't going to play for them. The fact they didn't move on & found a trade partner due to Morey insane demands is on the 76ers too.

Now the situation is dragging on and is causing unnecessary drama and is embarrassing. If I was the 76'ers, I would cut my losses & suspend Simmons with pay until a good enough package materialize in the next 3 months or so. You don't need the distraction right now, he doesn't want to be there & his teammates don't want him there.
    Nah they are going to try and make it worse. This is going to continue. It will be worse than the VC situation where he was giving plays to the other team.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I think fines and suspensions are necessary, I’m all for player empowerment, but this is a horrible trend.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

like if you aren't going to show up and participate go home and no you don't deserve to get paid.
    Simmons already told them since the summertime he wasn't going to play for them. The fact they didn't move on & found a trade partner due to Morey insane demands is on the 76ers too.

Now the situation is dragging on and is causing unnecessary drama and is embarrassing. If I was the 76'ers, I would cut my losses & suspend Simmons with pay until a good enough package materialize in the next 3 months or so. You don't need the distraction right now, he doesn't want to be there & his teammates don't want him there.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

yeah I don't like the precedent it sets
    like if you aren't going to show up and participate go home and no you don't deserve to get paid.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post
    This Simmons stuff follows directly from what Harden did last season and Davis before that. It used to be that this stuff was largely handled behind closed doors and even if it was public guys still showed up and played. But NBA stars now know they face no repercussions from forcing their way out publicly to the point of sabotaging the team and they can still get exactly what they want. It's not good.
    yeah I don't like the precedent it sets

Leave a comment:

• Shredder
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Kawhi was top 5 in the world, top 10 at worst. He was worth the risk.
    True, but we gave up a key guy for Kawhi. So is Simmons worth an OG or Siakam? In my opinion; Hell NO!.

But a Dragic, Boucher trade(or something of that nature), I'd kick the tires. Although he can't shoot, he can, pass and defend. He also fits the "Length, Strength and agility" concept we are going for.

A lineup of Simmons, Barnes, OG, Siakam and Precious would be interesting to watch.
    All 5 guys literally could guard 1-5 (which is crazy as there are maybe 10 players in the league you could truly say that about)
    We would have 2-3 guys that could handle the ball.
    A couple shooters.
    It would be interesting to see Nurse play with that lineup. Especially if you maintained Freddy and Trent.
    You could play a somewhat more traditional lineup with Simmons at a Point Centre on offence and a centre by committee on defence depending on who was on the floor.

I think the current situation is worse for Philly. Him sitting out made him "out of sight out of mind" for team chemistry. Him showing up to not be fined and playing with no intent has got to be straight up cancer inside the locker room.

So tl:dr I would kick the tires for a typical Masai trade; where the other team gets fleeced. Morey is a great GM, but I think he held on for too long on this one.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    This Simmons stuff follows directly from what Harden did last season and Davis before that. It used to be that this stuff was largely handled behind closed doors and even if it was public guys still showed up and played. But NBA stars now know they face no repercussions from forcing their way out publicly to the point of sabotaging the team and they can still get exactly what they want. It's not good.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Simmons is one of the top defensive players in the league, top passers, and top rebounders all in one player.

He is the players that would most fit into what the Raptors are trying to do right now.

True he doesn't shoot, has questionable attitude at times and gets payed a lot of money. I am sure if he was allowed to talk to Masai and meet the Raptors expectations of what they are trying to do and what he can do for the team, something can be done (if he changes his mind about playing for the Raptors and leave the California dream bullshit aside). Yes it is a risk like everything else in the NBA.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

Maybe a change in scenery is all he needs to get back to his usual self + the style here will fit him better.

It worked for Kawhi.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

Why would you want this little marshmallow anywhere near your team lol
    Maybe a change in scenery is all he needs to get back to his usual self + the style here will fit him better.

It worked for Kawhi.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied

What a shit show! lol I am telling you the price of Dragic+Boucher for Simmons might just do it right now.
    Why would you want this little marshmallow anywhere near your team lol

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied

What a shit show! lol I am telling you the price of Dragic+Boucher for Simmons might just do it right now.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    I don't think Ayton is worth 35 million on average per year.

Collin Sexton wants a max too..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X