Siakam:

Trent:

Dragic:

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            Ooooooh

im so excited for preseason

Comment

A 40 minute run through of today, if you like local journalist/podcaster talking heads...

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                A 40 minute run through of today, if you like local journalist/podcaster talking heads...
                I gotta check out this one.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                  Press Conference Review:

Bobby:

Nurse:

FVV:

Siakam:

Trent:

Dragic:

My guy FVV is just different. You watch his interviews he always speaks from the heart, there's no cliches. That's a true leader right there.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Freddy: Honest, intelligent, balanced

Siakam: Ready, excited, had good answers, honest
                    I liked hearing he will do what it takes to win, and I think he means it

Trent: Seems .....simple? But maybe he was just rehearsed for the camera, or he just wanted to leave?

Dragic: I'm here to help the young players over and over.. ....hmmmmm......is he ready to play too?

I liked hearing about og, siakam and freddy meeting/eating with masai as taking over leadership.
                    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Tue Sep 28, 2021, 03:04 AM.

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                      Ooooooh

I feel like Barnes is the type of guy who will fit better playing with starters than bench guys (like early OG). Have a smaller, contained role on offense where he’s not asked to have a huge load, and then hound on defense
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

I feel like Barnes is the type of guy who will fit better playing with starters than bench guys (like early OG). Have a smaller, contained role on offense where he’s not asked to have a huge load, and then hound on defense
                        I think I disagree. Firstly because our bench is going to be freaking awesome, especially with a starter or two still on the court. And two, because Scottie - by all accounts - is the kind of player that makes the players around him better, not someone that thrives playing off others like OG. One could argue that he'll get more open shots with the starters, but he doesn't need that kind of shot in order to succeed and will probably get plenty of open shots until he proves he can make them.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

I think I disagree. Firstly because our bench is going to be freaking awesome, especially with a starter or two still on the court. And two, because Scottie - by all accounts - is the kind of player that makes the players around him better, not someone that thrives playing off others like OG. One could argue that he'll get more open shots with the starters, but he doesn't need that kind of shot in order to succeed and will probably get plenty of open shots until he proves he can make them.
                          Yeah Barnes is a very different player than OG. OG is a deadly 3 point shooter who doesn't handle the ball much. Barnes is the exact opposite, poor shooter who handles the ball a lot. OG made perfect sense as a complimentary guy in the starting lineup to hit shots and play defense. To develop Barnes he is going to need the ball in his hands a lot and that doesn't happen in the starting lineup. He's also not going to knock down open looks like OG does so he actually hurts the starting lineup offense. Off the bench he can initiate the offense and hit open guys instead of having to be a spot up shooter.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post

Yeah Barnes is a very different player than OG. OG is a deadly 3 point shooter who doesn't handle the ball much. Barnes is the exact opposite, poor shooter who handles the ball a lot. OG made perfect sense as a complimentary guy in the starting lineup to hit shots and play defense. To develop Barnes he is going to need the ball in his hands a lot and that doesn't happen in the starting lineup. He's also not going to knock down open looks like OG does so he actually hurts the starting lineup offense. Off the bench he can initiate the offense and hit open guys instead of having to be a spot up shooter.
                            It could happen in the starting lineup to start the year with Pascal out, as they'll need creation in his place (more so than finishing like Boucher could provide, and a guy like Dragic I think leaves them smaller than they want to be).

And then they can figure out where makes sense for him based on where is game is when Pascal comes back (or a few games after, if they keep him starting and he struggles without the ball, they can slide him to the bench then and pump his usage again).
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

I hope Barnes' game is like CP3's or Lowry where he can play with anyone and make them look good. If he can raise the level of the bench unit that would be huge.

Comment

Working...
                              X