Raptors 2021-2022 Preseason + Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post

NBA fans are salty that Raptors got included. I love it. Way to go, Drizzy.

We certainly deserve it more than the Knicks who haven't won a championship since 1973 and only won 2 ever. Most NBA fans weren't even alive when the Knicks last won a title, and certainly not the fans expected to buy these jackets.

They should have just said the jackets are celebrating the 6 largest cities that have won an NBA title at some point, that would be accurate.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

NBA fans are salty that Raptors got included. I love it. Way to go, Drizzy.

To be fair the Knicks and the Heat aren't exactly an iconic franchises either. That guy Nick sounds like a salty Heat fan lol.

When I think of iconic NBA teams I think of the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Warriors.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Training camp Q&A on typical training camp questions.

So who put on 15 pounds of lean muscle over the summer in the gym ?

a) Chris Boucher
        b) Freddie Gillespie
        c) Oliver Miller
        d) No one. It serves as a segue to the next question... which is.

So who spent the entire summer improving their ball handling skills and its readily apparent in this press conference ?

a) OG
        b) Scottie Barnes
        c) Demar DeRozan and Goran Dragic
        d) No one.

So who spent the entire summer holistically rehabbing their bodies after a season of Covid and multiple nagging injury and are in the best shape of their lives ?

a) Freddy VV
        b) Pascal Ray Bans Siakam
        c) Keon Darts in the Shower Clark
        d) No one. Summer went pretty much as usual.

Of the deep bench players who is poised to be a difference maker this year. ?

a) Yuta Wattanabe
        b) Issac Bonga
        c) Sviatoslav Mykhalliuk
        d) Joey Graham

Which of the roookies or 2nd year guys have shown an unexpected increase in poise and maturity beyond their years ?

a) Dalano Barton
        b) Rosie Barton
        c) Scottie Barnes.
        d) Malachi Flynn

First exhibition game is in 5 days....
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

To be fair the Knicks and the Heat aren't exactly an iconic franchises either. That guy Nick sounds like a salty Heat fan lol.

When I think of iconic NBA teams I think of the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Warriors.
          Knicks absolutely are an iconic franchise. Not for winning reasons, but the general idea of New York being the Mecca of basketball, the mystique around MSG etc. I have a hard time seeing GS as an iconic franchise because I've only known them to be awful until the Steph era and that was so short lived. But then you look at franchises with championships and there's GS with the 3rd most all time!

I'd go with Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, Detroit and Philly as iconic teams and then go with maybe San Antonio because they've probably been the most continuously successful team of the more recent era.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

The placement of the fingers is all Nick Nurse. He even made that special ball that lines up were your middle and index finger. In his book he says you can use the valve of the ball to line up your hand... I tried it a bit last time i was shooting around and anecdotally it seems to work
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Knicks absolutely are an iconic franchise. Not for winning reasons, but the general idea of New York being the Mecca of basketball, the mystique around MSG etc. I have a hard time seeing GS as an iconic franchise because I've only known them to be awful until the Steph era and that was so short lived. But then you look at franchises with championships and there's GS with the 3rd most all time!

I'd go with Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks, Detroit and Philly as iconic teams and then go with maybe San Antonio because they've probably been the most continuously successful team of the more recent era.
              they were fun in the monta ellis era with steph .. although they made the right choice. also baron davis led warriors took it to the mavs. That was FUN. other then that yeah no don't remember. I do think its a bit surprising that they were left out but yes they are a solid franchise as of late only.

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Training camp Q&A on typical training camp questions.

So who put on 15 pounds of lean muscle over the summer in the gym ?

a) Chris Boucher
                b) Freddie Gillespie
                c) Oliver Miller
                d) No one. It serves as a segue to the next question... which is.

So who spent the entire summer improving their ball handling skills and its readily apparent in this press conference ?

a) OG
                b) Scottie Barnes
                c) Demar DeRozan and Goran Dragic
                d) No one.

So who spent the entire summer holistically rehabbing their bodies after a season of Covid and multiple nagging injury and are in the best shape of their lives ?

a) Freddy VV
                b) Pascal Ray Bans Siakam
                c) Keon Darts in the Shower Clark
                d) No one. Summer went pretty much as usual.

Of the deep bench players who is poised to be a difference maker this year. ?

a) Yuta Wattanabe
                b) Issac Bonga
                c) Sviatoslav Mykhalliuk
                d) Joey Graham

Which of the roookies or 2nd year guys have shown an unexpected increase in poise and maturity beyond their years ?

a) Dalano Barton
                b) Rosie Barton
                c) Scottie Barnes.
                d) Malachi Flynn

First exhibition game is in 5 days....
                Saw this on RealGM. lol.

Media Day and 1st week of Training Camp in a nutshell.....

Comment

This is the same deal each and every media day in pretty much every camp in every sport.

5 days till the first exhibition game.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

The two players that everyone's excited about this year I would think are Barnes and OG. They're the two that the team should be promoting along with FVV and Siakam. Neither Barnes/OG were interviewed on media day instead they had Trent and Dragic out there. . Barnes did a short 4 min interview yesterday..and OG, I haven't heard anything from him.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post

Just bec NY is the mecca of basketball doesn't mean they're an iconic franchise. You gotta win multiple championships. The Knicks have won as many chips as the Raps - and I believe the last time they won was back in the 60's. Also, if you're an iconic franchise you gotta have an iconic player or two like Jordan, Bird, Magic, Pippen, Kareem, Curry. Ewing is nice and he's a hall of famer but.....
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Knicks are an iconic franchise...They have been shit since Dolan started calling the shots.

Ewing was awesome, but always had limited talent around him. The second best player on the '94 championship run was John Starks. I wonder why he never won a chip?

You also have Bernard King, Earl Monroe, Walt Frazer... they have a good history, it's just been mismanaged the last 20 years.

Comment

sounds like they are thinking about trying out scottie at point guard.

Comment

Day two press conferences so far:

Nurse:

Boucher:

Dalano:

Comment

I also forgot to post the interviews for Day One. PlanetMars posted Scottie's. Can't find OG's but here is Nurses from DAY ONE training camp.

Interesting to see how the conversations change.

Comment

How is it 2021 (almost 2022) and they still haven't figured out how to make it so I can hear what the freaking questions are during these press conferences? Give the reporters a microphone for God's sake. I'm still watching these videos like a fanatic but it would be a shit ton better if I could hear the questions being asked instead of playing some form of mental charades guessing who/what everyone is talking about.

Comment

Working...
                                X