Raptors 2021-2022 Preseason + Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post

I don't think he processes things as quickly as expected. He was drafted and sent down to the 905 where he was a bit tentative and then came on like gangbusters. He was brought up to the big team and started tentative and then really showed something. Same thing or something similar is happening here. I don't think he does well with new faces. He might just need extra time to get familiar with his teammates. His play in Vegas stands out as an anomaly, but I think he was specifically told to take charge, and he was confident to do that, playing with a group of strangers. 905 time might help boost his confidence, but likewise, just more time playing with the guys who finally make it into the rotation with a defined role might be what he needs.
    he didn't really play a ton of games on 905 because of covid and the weird bubble rules.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

he didn't really play a ton of games on 905 because of covid and the weird bubble rules.
      Our system & personnel doesn't fit Flynn's strengths for now. Malachi is a slow, methodical east-west PnR maestro; whereas, our system is predicated on north-south drive & kick. We also don't have any great PnR finishers for a big man (maybe Boucher, but he's injured). And despite being small, he's similar to FVV in that he doesn't have a quickness advantage to take guys off the dribble. So Flynn ends up looking for his own shot most possessions.... and he's bricking those 3's right now.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Our system & personnel doesn't fit Flynn's strengths for now. Malachi is a slow, methodical east-west PnR maestro; whereas, our system is predicated on north-south drive & kick. We also don't have any great PnR finishers for a big man (maybe Boucher, but he's injured). And despite being small, he's similar to FVV in that he doesn't have a quickness advantage to take guys off the dribble. So Flynn ends up looking for his own shot most possessions.... and he's bricking those 3's right now.
        siakam?

Comment

• Only 3 pre-season games, but so far, the eye-test positive impact rank (considering both ends):

OG
          Fred
          Barnes
          Achiuwa
          Banton
          Trent
          Svi
          Champagnie
          Yuta
          Dragic
          Flynn
          Gillespie

Bonga, Dekker and Waniwright have barely played, which is troublesome for them considering 4 frontcourt players are currently out (Siakam, Yuta, Birch and Boucher), and they're still not getting a whole lot of time. I'd put all of them ahead of Gillespie at this time though.

Comment

• I'm looking at the sked - Raps vs Rockets tonight, then they'll play another game tomorrow in Washington. Back to back in the preseason? I wouldn't play OG, FVV, Dragic and Barnes tomorrow. There's really no point to play them tomorrow.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
              I'm looking at the sked - Raps vs Rockets tonight, then they'll play another game tomorrow in Washington. Back to back in the preseason? I wouldn't play OG, FVV, Dragic and Barnes tomorrow. There's really no point to play them tomorrow.
              We should see a heavy dose of the guys fighting for the last roster spots, tonight and especially tomorrow.

Comment

• Gillespie getting 50k/annually fully guaranteed if makes the roster?…

that is like 24$ per hour in an 8 hour work day/ 5 days a week in a 26 week pay period.

that is depressing.

How can you be tagging along with some of your teammates when they are listening beats on a wireless high end headphones and he is using a wired one, (sarcasm) but just saying

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                  Gillespie getting 50k/annually fully guaranteed if makes the roster?…

that is like 24$ per hour in an 8 hour work day/ 5 days a week in a 26 week pay period.

that is depressing.

How can you be tagging along with some of your teammates when they are listening beats on a wireless high end headphones and he is using a wired one, (sarcasm) but just saying
                  on 905 yes on the main roster he would get scaled up to the rookie scale.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

on 905 yes on the main roster he would get scaled up to the rookie scale.
                    Could be the odd man out, he still has 2 games left to prove he deserves a spot.

Comment

Could be the odd man out, he still has 2 games left to prove he deserves a spot.
                      between him bonga, and dekker ......

Comment

Gillespie getting 50k/annually fully guaranteed if makes the roster?…

that is depressing.

He makes 50k if we cut him. He will earn roughly 30x that over the season if he makes the roster.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Almost at the end of preseason:

Comment

• Is Pascal ahead of schedule?

Comment

• That's great news even coming back in 3 weeks he's only missing 8 games... Boucher will miss 2 or 3.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Is Pascal ahead of schedule?
                                Ahead of predicted schedule at the time of the surgery. Mid November at the earliest is what I recall them saying. Should help secure a couple of additional wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X