X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Raptors Signing Josh Hall To Exhibit 10 Contract

October 13th, 2021 at 3:50pm CST by Luke Adams

The Raptors are signing former Thunder forward Josh Hall to an Exhibit 10 contract, a source tells our JD Shaw (Twitter link).

Hall, 21, went undrafted in 2020, but caught on with Oklahoma City and spent his rookie season on a two-way contract with the team. He appeared in 21 games for the Thunder, averaging 4.1 PPG and 2.8 RPG in 16.0 minutes per contest. The 6’9″ forward has impressive athleticism, but struggled to score efficiently, posting a shooting line of .303/.108/.500.

The Thunder liked Hall enough to make him a restricted free agent this offseason, and he ended up signing his qualifying offer, briefly occupying one of the team’s two-way slots. However, Oklahoma City opted to go in another direction with that spot and waived Hall last month when Paul Watson was signed to a two-way contract.

The Raptors already have a handful of veterans on partially guaranteed contracts vying for the final spots on their 15-man regular season roster, so Hall appears likely to end up as an affiliate player for Toronto’s G League squad, the Raptors 905.

6'9" you say.....

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
      Just gotta keep Scottie away from the whoooores and we golden
      Appreciate the shoutout.... you have a much higher opinion of me than I deserve.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
        Magic did have that extra year in college, so maybe we should temper our expectations on Scottie.... but next year
        Step 1: Rookie Year
        Step 2: ?????
        Step 3: New Greatest PG of all time
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

6'9" you say.....
          Bad shooter with athleticism and wingspan you say

Frankly I'm shocked at this pickup
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Josh got some moves ...

Comment

The Raptors are signing former Thunder forward Josh Hall to an Exhibit 10 contract, a source tells our JD Shaw (Twitter link).

Hall, 21, went undrafted in 2020, but caught on with Oklahoma City and spent his rookie season on a two-way contract with the team. He appeared in 21 games for the Thunder, averaging 4.1 PPG and 2.8 RPG in 16.0 minutes per contest. The 6’9″ forward has impressive athleticism, but struggled to score efficiently, posting a shooting line of .303/.108/.500.

The Thunder liked Hall enough to make him a restricted free agent this offseason, and he ended up signing his qualifying offer, briefly occupying one of the team’s two-way slots. However, Oklahoma City opted to go in another direction with that spot and waived Hall last month when Paul Watson was signed to a two-way contract.

The Raptors already have a handful of veterans on partially guaranteed contracts vying for the final spots on their 15-man regular season roster, so Hall appears likely to end up as an affiliate player for Toronto’s G League squad, the Raptors 905.

So Hall was one of the top basketball recruits in the country but decided to forgo college and enter the 2020 draft. Definitely a lot of potential but needs a lot of development too.

Comment

• I say don't sleep on Gary Trent Jr. His streaky play means some games may be lost but could just as easily be won by a hot streak, he may end up a real wildcard off the bench.

Comment

LOL, raps are stereotyping 7 footers. "They're too slow and can't defend in space".

Comment

• Already discussed here, but there's a growing rumor that Alex Antetokoumpo is signing an Exhibit 10 as well. Lots of Raps media are assuming that it's already confirmed.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                      Already discussed here, but there's a growing rumor that Alex Antetokoumpo is signing an Exhibit 10 as well. Lots of Raps media are assuming that it's already confirmed.
                      I love the name of those deals. Sounds like we're doing a science experiment on him.

Exhibit 1-9 were all failures, time for Exhibit 10.

Comment

• can you sign an exhibit 10 when you are at 15 spots?

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
                          can you sign an exhibit 10 when you are at 15 spots?
                          I could be mistaken, but I think that if we are under the 18 (20 minus the 2x2way players) that it's ok. As it's for a camp invite to go to your GLeague affiliate.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• His whole interview was great, I feel for the guy. He proved he belongs in the NBA with his play against the Wizards.

The front office has a hard choice. I think I would be leaning towards Dekker and Bonga. Ish seems like such a great guy, and would be great in the locker room. I think skill wise he might be behind the other two guys.

Comment

• Playmaking and shooting (or shot creation) are important needs for this team. We are talking about the fringe guys but if Banton, Johnson and Champagnie are in the G-league for most of the year, these guys are going to be the 11th and 12th men on the roster and not the 14th and 15th guys.

Wainright is the best defender. So he likely gets in. But I would go with Bonga and Dekker.

Bonga is the best playmaker of the bunch. Dekker is the best shooter/creator. We have enough defenders. And it felt like Flynn had good chemistry with Dekker which is important since he's getting a lion share of minutes off the bench.

Comment

Working...
                                X