No announcement yet.

Raptors 2021-2022 Preseason + Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducking the tax also gets you 20 million paid by taxpayer teams.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
      Ducking the tax also gets you 20 million paid by taxpayer teams.
      there is that too.. also if ppl want to really complain about ticket prices... lets pay the tax a few years in a row.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

It is unfortunate but you can't make decisions based on that. I would say there is a solid chance Wainwright lands SOMEWHERE. Not sure where but some where. At least on G-League team and then getting called up. That said, there is a good chance he lands some where.

They arent eligible on the 905 because their guarantees were over 50k, or at least that was the case for Ish. I think Freddie's G-league rights may be owned by memphis so that's another issue.

On the Dekker front, yeah I missed the last game largely, but looked at the highlights and he cooked. I didn't see him do badly on defence but no other real play that wowed me other than the shooting. We do need shooting on this team and having another vet helps especially one with NBA experience. I think it was the correct move.

I really did think they would stay with Wainwright because of his summer league play and his later guarantee. I do not think he impressed me personally throughout the preseason. I was impressed by Justin C. In my opinion Ish's strengths didn't shine in the preseason partially because we already have an abundance of strength at what he can do well. He didn't appear to be a great playmaker, but seemed to be good at rebounding as a wing and just an overall solid athlete so he could play defence solidly. Justin on the other hand shot better and had a nose for the ball in terms of positioning and rebounding etc etc.

Freddie you feel for because you wonder if it was a confidence thing but he looked out of place ever since summer league. He struggled even passing the ball, dribbling it even once without travelling, and did not rebound well enough to warrant a spot. To get that spot you gotta rebound like your name is Reggie Evans.

The person who probably could have had the biggest to gain from a preseason performance was Freddie. A spot was there for the taking but he couldnt put it together in a lot of ways within a game setting.
        Come on man….I don’t think that was what I was trying to imply… I was just pointing out the human side of it.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Come on man….I don’t think that was what I was trying to imply… I was just pointing out the human side of it.

As a good bye handshake wainwright gets $250,000 this year and $125,000 next year. He has enough money to take a G league contract and wait for his next chance on a 10-day assuming no one picks him up now.

Comment

• The extra $400,000 over the next two years will make the $37,000 GLeague contract easier to manage. His dream of playing for an NBA has been financed for a few more years at least. He seems like a great guy, I’m happy he can stay in North America with his family beside him to chase his dream.

Comment

No but seriously, yes I understood what you were pointing out. Don't worry. But still either way I have seen franchises make sentimental decisions and that's just not how you do it. It sucks but yeah all these guys have families and people dependent on them that is what makes sports on a human side so tough and gut wrenching.

I think that Ish will land on a roster in the NBA. His skill set is one that some team will need.

Comment

• The Clippers waived Moses Wright. I'd like to see him brought into the 905. He played pretty well in preseason for the Clippers, and he's a much better prospect than Ish based on age and experience.

I think Ish just lost out to Dekker for who was gonna be the "vet" signed to the end of the bench. Bonga is the prospect play. Yuta is a legit rotation piece so was never in doubt he'd make the team.

Comment

• should i be postingg pressers in here still until season officially officially stars?

Comment

• Comment

• all that speculation by some around here (led my Mixxaor) about the Raptors executives around Masai who were not happy about the pick was pure bullshit.

not only Masai but all in that room were ecstatic when they chose Scottie

Comment

• Notable players who didn’t sign extensions

DeAndre Ayton, Phoenix Suns (No. 1 pick in 2018)
                        > Report: Suns, Ayton fail to reach new deal

Marvin Bagley III, Sacramento Kings (No. 2 pick in 2018)

Mo Bamba, Orlando Magic (No. 6 pick in 2018)

Collin Sexton, Cleveland Cavaliers (No. 8 pick in 2018)

Miles Bridges, Charlotte Hornets (No. 12 pick in 2018)

Donte DiVincenzo, Milwaukee Bucks (No. 17 pick in 2018)

Lonnie Walker, San Antonio Spurs (No. 18 pick in 2018)
                        Very surprising that the Suns and Ayton were not able to reach a deal after a nice post season run by Ayton.

I read that Ayton wanted a five year extension but Suns preferred a shorter deal.

Comment

• John Collins didn't sign an extension and was still brought back this summer. At the end of the day each team still has their RFA rights. Can match any contract if they want to. Ayton at the max was a bad deal, so the Suns did something smart there IMO.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            John Collins didn't sign an extension and was still brought back this summer. At the end of the day each team still has their RFA rights. Can match any contract if they want to. Ayton at the max was a bad deal, so the Suns did something smart there IMO.
                            Depends. It's not just about getting good value on the deal, it's also about relationship with the player. If they end up saving a couple million next summer, great, so long as they aren't now dealing with a guy who insists on a shorter term deal so he can leave ASAP. Maybe they save a lot more, in which case, yeah, probably offsets the relationship impacts. If he ends up with a max anyway? And now they are matching a 3+1 offer instead of locking him in for 5? And he's mad at them?

Risky move on their part. Could pay off, but the downsides seem more significant than the upsides.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              John Collins didn't sign an extension and was still brought back this summer. At the end of the day each team still has their RFA rights. Can match any contract if they want to. Ayton at the max was a bad deal, so the Suns did something smart there IMO.
                              Did Collins sign a four year or five year extension?

Comment

Did Collins sign a four year or five year extension?
                                5 year, but the last year was a player option.

Comment

Working...
                                X