Raptors 2021-2022 Preseason + Training Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post

5 year, but the last year was a player option.
    Risky for the Suns didnt mirror a deal like that for Ayton

Ayton and his camp not happy from what I read

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Risky for the Suns didnt mirror a deal like that for Ayton

Ayton and his camp not happy from what I read
      From what I read, Ayton wanted the max, and the Suns didn't want to give him that. Collins wanted a max as well, and still didn't get it in free agency, but signed anyway.

Comment

From what I read, Ayton wanted the max, and the Suns didn't want to give him that. Collins wanted a max as well, and still didn't get it in free agency, but signed anyway.
        It can pay off, absolutely.

Or it can lay the groundwork for a guy asking out later. We benefited from a situation that started exactly like that a couple years ago.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Way too early to make a comparison to one of the greats of the game but people are projecting that Ayton’s trajectory could at least reach Shaq’s

even a former teammate of the big fella said some positive things about Ayton

long ways to go for the young Suns Center

…. he and his camp are definitely betting on themselves…82 regular season games can be taxing for a big man, injuries may change the dynamics of their negotiation next offseason for both parties

Collins had some injuries last season so maybe that played out to his decision in the offseason not to fight it and leave a huge amount of money on the table, (4+1) not bad after all
          Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Tue Oct 19, 2021, 11:40 AM.

Comment

• I don't think Ayton is worth 35 million on average per year.

Collin Sexton wants a max too..

Comment

• What a shit show! lol I am telling you the price of Dragic+Boucher for Simmons might just do it right now.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

What a shit show! lol I am telling you the price of Dragic+Boucher for Simmons might just do it right now.
                Why would you want this little marshmallow anywhere near your team lol
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Why would you want this little marshmallow anywhere near your team lol
                  Maybe a change in scenery is all he needs to get back to his usual self + the style here will fit him better.

It worked for Kawhi.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Maybe a change in scenery is all he needs to get back to his usual self + the style here will fit him better.

It worked for Kawhi.
                        Kawhi was top 5 in the world, top 10 at worst. He was worth the risk.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Simmons is one of the top defensive players in the league, top passers, and top rebounders all in one player.

He is the players that would most fit into what the Raptors are trying to do right now.

True he doesn't shoot, has questionable attitude at times and gets payed a lot of money. I am sure if he was allowed to talk to Masai and meet the Raptors expectations of what they are trying to do and what he can do for the team, something can be done (if he changes his mind about playing for the Raptors and leave the California dream bullshit aside). Yes it is a risk like everything else in the NBA.

Comment

• This Simmons stuff follows directly from what Harden did last season and Davis before that. It used to be that this stuff was largely handled behind closed doors and even if it was public guys still showed up and played. But NBA stars now know they face no repercussions from forcing their way out publicly to the point of sabotaging the team and they can still get exactly what they want. It's not good.

Comment

True, but we gave up a key guy for Kawhi. So is Simmons worth an OG or Siakam? In my opinion; Hell NO!.

But a Dragic, Boucher trade(or something of that nature), I'd kick the tires. Although he can't shoot, he can, pass and defend. He also fits the "Length, Strength and agility" concept we are going for.

A lineup of Simmons, Barnes, OG, Siakam and Precious would be interesting to watch.
                              All 5 guys literally could guard 1-5 (which is crazy as there are maybe 10 players in the league you could truly say that about)
                              We would have 2-3 guys that could handle the ball.
                              A couple shooters.
                              It would be interesting to see Nurse play with that lineup. Especially if you maintained Freddy and Trent.
                              You could play a somewhat more traditional lineup with Simmons at a Point Centre on offence and a centre by committee on defence depending on who was on the floor.

I think the current situation is worse for Philly. Him sitting out made him "out of sight out of mind" for team chemistry. Him showing up to not be fined and playing with no intent has got to be straight up cancer inside the locker room.

So tl:dr I would kick the tires for a typical Masai trade; where the other team gets fleeced. Morey is a great GM, but I think he held on for too long on this one.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                This Simmons stuff follows directly from what Harden did last season and Davis before that. It used to be that this stuff was largely handled behind closed doors and even if it was public guys still showed up and played. But NBA stars now know they face no repercussions from forcing their way out publicly to the point of sabotaging the team and they can still get exactly what they want. It's not good.
                                yeah I don't like the precedent it sets

Comment

Working...
                                X