Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preseason Game One: Philadelphia 76ers at Toronto Raptors - Mon Oct 4th, 7pm ET - SN1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Well if that's the case then Freddie is pretty much a lock to make the roster.
    Ewww why would Freddie make the roster lol. The man was the worst player on the floor today. Soooo many more deserving players. I don’t think he should just make it because he’s a big. Anytime he came into the game shit started to go south and when he left we played so much better. We literally had playing the 5 when we would take out Freddie and our team looked so much better. To me that doesn’t bode well for him. Trust me, let Ish or even Dekker get actual minutes with the main bench guys and not the 3rd stringers and they’ll look much better than Freddie. Bonga looked better than Freddie and he barely got minutes
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I really enjoyed Alvin Williams as the new colour commentator nice change of pace from the usual Leo or Jack

Comment

• So much better than what I was hoping to see, but much as I dreamed the best case scenario would be. Precious seems like a steal. And the Raptors will still be able to trade Goran for something at the deadline. Too bad the Raptors can't just trade the players who don't make the roster for picks. They have at least three guys that they will be forced to let go that other teams would covet.

I don't remember feeling like this after any preseason game in the last 25 years. This will be a f*&%^ng scary team in two years. And they are going to break a lot of hearts (in opposing teams fans) this year. Top 6 in the east for sure.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post

Ewww why would Freddie make the roster lol. The man was the worst player on the floor today. Soooo many more deserving players. I don’t think he should just make it because he’s a big. Anytime he came into the game shit started to go south and when he left we played so much better. We literally had playing the 5 when we would take out Freddie and our team looked so much better. To me that doesn’t bode well for him. Trust me, let Ish or even Dekker get actual minutes with the main bench guys and not the 3rd stringers and they’ll look much better than Freddie. Bonga looked better than Freddie and he barely got minutes
          Who? I like Dekker because he can shoot but he didn't get any mins tonight so that's not a good sign. Wainright same thing. Bonga? meh. Freddie will get one of the spot because he's a big - and the Raps only have 2 bigs on their roster(Precious and Birch).
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Raps were running every chance they could, even when there wasn't a fastbreak they were trying to force one like they they were scared of playing in a halfcourt set offence. I wonder what their fastbreak numbers were for the game?

Comment

• Need to see how the Raps look against better players. I couldn't tell you who 5 of the Philly players that were on the court tonight lol.

Comment

• Yeah Banton is fun and chaotic. All over the floor, mostly in a good way. The chaos and mistakes are just a raw player, needs lots of reps and some experience. But man he's long and fast, can handle, gets everywhere.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Need to see how the Raps look against better players. I couldn't tell you who 5 of the Philly players that were on the court tonight lol.
                  One of them has a huge new Raptor + Golden Ball tattoo.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Suggs finished with 9 points 27 FG% game lol

Comment

• Scottie barnes is so damn intriguing, we've never had anyone like him before. I've been trying to deny it because it's an unfair comp, but the closest player to his skill set I keep wanting to go back to is Magic Johnson.
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• That was a fun game! If that's Scottie's baseline, we're in great hands. He easily could have had another 6 points. Precious, Yuta, Danton, Svi looked great too! It's going to be a fun season.

Is it just me, but how did OG have 21pts? 21 on 12 shots... and he looked like he had a slow start too. Add Pascal and Gary Trent to this team... it's hard not to be excited for this team (Ya I know Embiid, Simmons and Harris weren't playing lol.)

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                          Scottie barnes is so damn intriguing, we've never had anyone like him before. I've been trying to deny it because it's an unfair comp, but the closest player to his skill set I keep wanting to go back to is Magic Johnson.
                          I think he comps a lot closer to Pippen than Magic tbh. But even saying that feels like a jinx so I will take it back and just say he looks really damn good.

Comment

• Alvin was a fresh change, great insight, some more up to date NBA stories... I've always been a fan

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Alvin was a fresh change, great insight, some more up to date NBA stories... I've always been a fan
                              Absolutely agree.

I was only worried that his energy would feel low, as I’ve sometimes found him kind of flat in the past. But there was none of that. His energy was great and he was every bit as engaging as he needed to be. Perhaps had some semblance of nerves but as someone else said… give him a few preseason games to shake that off, and he’ll be smooth and laughing.

My early take … Alvin will be the voice of the Raps for a long, long time to come.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Scottie barnes is so damn intriguing, we've never had anyone like him before. I've been trying to deny it because it's an unfair comp, but the closest player to his skill set I keep wanting to go back to is Magic Johnson.
                                Sorcery Barnes
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X