No announcement yet.

DeRozan: "If I could finish my career here" - M. Grange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A great thread on the eve of what hopefully will raise DD and the team to greater heights.

Go Raps.

ps...and oh...F#$% NY and that includes Brooklyn

Comment

To think people wanted to package this guy with Bargs for expirings just a few short years ago.

Or who could forget when Raptors fans wanted to trade DeRozan for Johnny Flynn? I believe the rumour was the 2nd pick and Flynn for DeRozan and the 5th and a TON of fans backed it.

So we'd have Derrick Williams and Johnny Flynn instead of DD and Valanciunas.... LOL

Comment

Hope he is willing to take a discount then lol.

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post
          To think people wanted to package this guy with Bargs for expirings just a few short years ago.

Or who could forget when Raptors fans wanted to trade DeRozan for Johnny Flynn? I believe the rumour was the 2nd pick and Flynn for DeRozan and the 5th and a TON of fans backed it.

So we'd have Derrick Williams and Johnny Flynn instead of DD and Valanciunas.... LOL
          Been a Demar fan since day 1
          so it feels amazing saying this
          JOHNNY WHO??????
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

NaijaBoy17 wrote: View Post

If I recall correct that rumour came from HoopsWorld.com chat. I think it was Bill Ingram. It wasn't credible.

Comment

Good read!

Some posters may remember me.

I was often called a Demar fanboy...
              I was dismissed and even attacked for being an anti-tanker and believing in Demar and the team we had last year...

I always defended Demar and was alienated at times. We made the "haters" eat crow!

I'm truly proud of what Demar and the team were able to accomplish last season and proud that he made Team USA when most posters didn't think that was possible.

I'm looking forward to this season and looking forward to continued improvements from Demar.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                I always defended Demar and was alienated at times. We made the "haters" eat crow!
                I imagine your first statement is likely related to the your second statement here.

Comment

I really do hope DeRozan continues improving this season, especially with his decisions making, which is directly related to his scoring efficiency and utilizing his teammates more effectively.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but this sort of PR move is absolute brilliance from DeRozan and his agent. He's already a popular, homegrown talent, but now he's playing on the heart-strings of the fan base, with his opt-out option looming just around the corner. What a smart bargaining chip; how could the team possibly not sign the conquering hero, no matter what his asking price, right??

There could be a serious bidding war for his services and, despite his improvements, I don't think he's a max-money player.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I really do hope DeRozan continues improving this season, especially with his decisions making, which is directly related to his scoring efficiency and utilizing his teammates more effectively.

I hate to be a wet blanket, but this sort of PR move is absolute brilliance from DeRozan and his agent. He's already a popular, homegrown talent, but now he's playing on the heart-strings of the fan base, with his opt-out option looming just around the corner. What a smart bargaining chip; how could the team possibly not sign the conquering hero, no matter what his asking price, right??

There could be a serious bidding war for his services and, despite his improvements, I don't think he's a max-money player.
                    I think that's a wee bit cynical, CalgaryRapsFan. DeMar's been saying stuff like this since day one; when Ed was traded, he mentioned how the two of them had talked about putting Toronto on the map. And his opt-out option isn't really around the corner, he's still under contract with us for a full two seasons (this season and next) before his option year.

I'm not sure he's worth 2016-17 max money, which would probably start in excess of $25mm/year, but he still has two years to set his value, and given that Hayward and Parsons will be making $16mm that year, we should be prepared for Demar's salary to get a huge bump.

If Masai could sign Lowry to a $12mm/yr deal then I trust he'll be able to figure things out with Demar to our mutual benefit.

Comment

Demar is our Paul Pierce. He represents everything Toronto wants and hopes for from their professional athlete.

I would love it if he retired here. If only the league were that simple.

Comment

Money could sway him, tens of millions of dollars could sway anyone.
                        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Hes still high usage low efficiency and that will probably never change. Great read, great guy, great #3-4 option, but we'll never reach the finals with demar derozan being the center piece or taking the most shots on the team. Personally i love our 1, 4 and 5 spots but we need a TRUE all star wing, top 15 talent.

Flame away people.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

What does DeMar wanting to retire a Raptor have to do with people doubting his ability to be an elite level player?

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                              Demar is our Paul Pierce. He represents everything Toronto wants and hopes for from their professional athlete.

Perfectly stated!

Comment

Imagine, a player who appreciates the culture and listens to what's inside instead of the ESPN anti-anything that's not American personalities.

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

I would have went with somebody not on this third team. Maybe Tim Duncan? Karl Malone? Alex English?

Comment

Working...
                                X