• Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post

I was right about Scottie wasn’t I ?
    How can you be right

the kid played 25 preseason minutes….

For all we know, he is a late bloomer too

Comment

OG looked even better this game. Makes this thread even more silly.

Comment

OG had 21 points in preseason game 1.
        OG had 22 points in preseason game 2.
        I think it’s important we temper expectations on OG getting 23 points in game 3.

Also…

OG had 1 turnover in game 1.
        OG had 2 turnovers in game 2.
        I think it’s probable he’ll have anywhere from 3 to 11 turnovers in game 3.

Also…

OG had 22 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in Game 2.

4/4/4 is not a club. 5/5/5 is a club.

Will OG ever join the club?
        I think we should temper our expectations.

Comment

I had a random thought trade OG and Flynn + second rounder for miles turner. That would make me a happy man.
          if a deal were to be done centered around an OG for turner swap, the question would be what else the pacers are throwing in and not the other way around. OG's value is much higher.

Comment

Quickly orders 10,000 og jerseys........

Comment

chris wrote: View Post

if a deal were to be done centered around an OG for turner swap, the question would be what else the pacers are throwing in and not the other way around. OG's value is much higher.
              I would not include OG in any trades not involving a superstar.

this might the longest trolling thread ever.

Comment

This thread is ridiculous...

OG may not end up being a shot creator who averages 25+, but at this point, at worst he becomes a high end 3&D guy, he is already terrific at both. He is 24 years old and pretty much a player you want as a 3&D starter on a championship team, every champion has one.

Raptors won a championship without him when he was 22 years old and we had Kawhi, Danny, Serge, Gasol and Lowry. He would have helped though.

He was probably one of the few bright spots last season in a messy season. Averaged 16 and efficiency remained solid.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post
                  This thread is ridiculous...

OG may not end up being a shot creator who averages 25+, but at this point, at worst he becomes a high end 3&D guy, he is already terrific at both. He is 24 years old and pretty much a player you want as a 3&D starter on a championship team, every champion has one.

Raptors won a championship without him when he was 22 years old and we had Kawhi, Danny, Serge, Gasol and Lowry. He would have helped though.

He was probably one of the few bright spots last season in a messy season. Averaged 16 and efficiency remained solid.
                  When he shoots a three i genuinely expect it to go in when he's open. Like he's automatic lately.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah, not worried about OG at all. If he continues on the upward trajectory of last year he's going to easily play up to his contract & role, if not exceed. Plus, he's shown the ability in the past to step up in high pressure moments when others are shrinking.

Comment

OG is fine. I dont understand the premise of the thread. He has shown improvement every year. We dont yet know his ceiling, and you cant know unless you continue to put him in position to expand his offensive role. This is the perfect time to do that with pascal out and a predominantly young team. We arent competing for the chip this season anyways. You have to treat OG like any other young player, cause he is still young with plenty of room to grow. All he really needs is some time in the post, and an ability to find and make a mid range shot. And voila, you have a all-star level player. And he has shown flashes of that already. He is already an all nba level defender. I think his awareness around the basket is lacking...sometimes leading to awkward shots and turnovers, but that too can improve alot with reps. Lets give it too him. We shouldnt even be entertaining trading OG unless its a derozan type trade. I'd love to have Turner too grindhouse, but not for OG, thats just a bad trade.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        OG is fine. I dont understand the premise of the thread. He has shown improvement every year. We dont yet know his ceiling, and you cant know unless you continue to put him in position to expand his offensive role. This is the perfect time to do that with pascal out and a predominantly young team. We arent competing for the chip this season anyways. You have to treat OG like any other young player, cause he is still young with plenty of room to grow. All he really needs is some time in the post, and an ability to find and make a mid range shot. And voila, you have a all-star level player. And he has shown flashes of that already. He is already an all nba level defender. I think his awareness around the basket is lacking...sometimes leading to awkward shots and turnovers, but that too can improve alot with reps. Lets give it too him. We shouldnt even be entertaining trading OG unless its a derozan type trade. I'd love to have Turner too grindhouse, but not for OG, thats just a bad trade.
                        Because people will freak out when he doesn't play at a level that is 30 / 8 and 8 every night.. I think its less of a problem in htis forum.

Comment

I think it’s time someone says something…

OG Anunoby is a solid role player, that is his ceiling....
                          You nailed this one. Sure he had a couple of games where he scored 20/21, but now he's crashed back to the ground and only managed 17 PTS + 5 REBs and played his usual solid defense.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post

You nailed this one. Sure he had a couple of games where he scored 20/21, but now he's crashed back to the ground and only managed 17 PTS + 5 REBs and played his usual solid defense.
                            him crashing the boards will help with his efficiency

Comment

Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Oct 10, 2021, 09:41 PM.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                OG tonight didn’t dribble more than twice he stayed more in the role player mode. And FYI I don’t care what his stats are the 2 first games were complete trash

Comment

Working...
                                X