Tempering expectations on OG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grindhouse wrote: View Post

I been humble with my wins over the pass few years. But when the curtain calls on OG I will brag about it.

I am starting to learn my lesson when u get your victories like trade derozan 5 years before he is traded you should shove it down people’s throats so they never forget it.

fuck being humble Jalen Suggs I was the only one that said don’t draft him, don’t ever forget it. New day!
    Haha you've never won anything

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post

Haha you've never won anything
      Most of Y’all talking crap are children to basketball. Stat after stat after stat to push home a point that is meaningless to championship team building. A real fan wants to see the team win not xyz player put up meaningless stats.

shut and listen to the people that study basketball. Your podcasters get direction from their producers on what to say because xyz is trending, they don’t know basketball. If they did they would go against the grain.
      Last edited by grindhouse; Wed Oct 13, 2021, 11:10 PM.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

great show great reference

Comment

I been humble with my wins over the pass few years. But when the curtain calls on OG I will brag about it.

I am starting to learn my lesson when u get your victories like trade derozan 5 years before he is traded you should shove it down people’s throats so they never forget it.

fuck being humble Jalen Suggs I was the only one that said don’t draft him, don’t ever forget it. New day!
          you were not the only person.

I wasn't big on him myself. I just simply thought they would either move up some how some way. I never really sold myself on him.

I was big on Mobley and Kuminga.

Either way my feelings were if you get into the top 10 as a team like we are.... then you are too good to tank repeatedly so you may as well swing for the fences and pick the guy you think is going to be good.. obviously you don't want a bruno project but that isn't what you have available at a top 10 pick level. You have usually at worse a blue chip prospect who will be serviceable. If you pick and you swing like we did then you get something that looks a bit more special. Scottie was the correct pick although Mobley would have been VERY nice on this team as would Kuminga.
          Last edited by TrueTorontoFan; Wed Oct 13, 2021, 11:25 PM.

Comment

If you think that was your victory then you don't understand still.

Maybe you think you know your basketball. I give you that. But you obviously don't understand how front office operates.

Trades are about timing more so then the act itself.

Nobody is calling OG untouchable.

But your OG for Myles Turner trade is ass.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

LOL, yeah, we'd have been much better off if we didn't have DeMar here to trade for Kawhi, right?

Look, I wanted DeMar traded earlier too but we were wrong. No return would have been as beneficial as the one Masai got. Really, really weird thing to want to brag about, half the fanbase knew DeMar wasn't that good and the franchise timed his departure perfectly.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Most of Y’all talking crap are children to basketball. Stat after stat after stat to push home a point that is meaningless to championship team building. A real fan wants to see the team win not xyz player put up meaningless stats.

shut and listen to the people that study basketball. Your podcasters get direction from their producers on what to say because xyz is trending, they don’t know basketball. If they did they would go against the grain.
                And would you celebrate with some great big "I told you so!!!"? There are some great basketball minds on here and I'm sorry but aftet reading some of your hot takes, I don't think you are amongst them.

You had a bad take on OG a player that has done nothing but add to his game every off-season. He's clearly done the same this year, working on more moves to create separation. You're quick to call out your victories (I haven't seen any), but when OG makes a big leap again this year and is our best player, will you be as quick to admit as such? I doubt it...

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

LOL, yeah, we'd have been much better off if we didn't have DeMar here to trade for Kawhi, right?

Look, I wanted DeMar traded earlier too but we were wrong. No return would have been as beneficial as the one Masai got. Really, really weird thing to want to brag about, half the fanbase knew DeMar wasn't that good and the franchise timed his departure perfectly.
                  Yeah, seriously, if demar had been moved earlier there likely was no championship. Probably could have moved him and tried the tank for wiggins scenario, and many fans supported that option...that would have turned out poorly obviously. Weird point he is trying to make considering many wanted Demar traded, and ultimately when it happened...they go and become champions.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Yeah, seriously, if demar had been moved earlier there likely was no championship. Probably could have moved him and tried the tank for wiggins scenario, and many fans supported that option...that would have turned out poorly obviously. Weird point he is trying to make considering many wanted Demar traded, and ultimately when it happened...they go and become champions.
                    Here is a question for you though. Would you have been willing to Jakob, Derozan and additional picks in the future to have obtained Luka?

That is what I wanted before the Kawhi trade happened because I thought Luka would be good.

Comment

TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

Here is a question for you though. Would you have been willing to Jakob, Derozan and additional picks in the future to have obtained Luka?

That is what I wanted before the Kawhi trade happened because I thought Luka would be good.
                      For sure but I doubt that would have been on the table from any of the teams in the top 4 of that draft.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post

Thats why you never trade just because you think a player isn't a good fit. You wait for a trade that is good enough, and no OG for Turner isn't it.

Thats what the Sixers are doing with Simmons, they could have caved and traded him for a low ball offer, they're waiting whether Simmons shows up to the team or not.

Thats also pretty much how Masai rolls. He traded Melo to the Knicks and the Nuggets still remained competitive and were a good team. He traded Derozan, Raptors got a superstar and won a championship.

Comment

A.I wrote: View Post

Thats why you never trade just because you think a player isn't a good fit. You wait for a trade that is good enough, and no OG for Turner isn't it.

Thats what the Sixers are doing with Simmons, they could have caved and traded him for a low ball offer, they're waiting whether Simmons shows up to the team or not.

Thats also pretty much how Masai rolls. He traded Melo to the Knicks and the Nuggets still remained competitive and were a good team. He traded Derozan, Raptors got a superstar and won a championship.
                          I think you trade for turner.. but trading OG for turner is one of the most lopsided traded I have seen suggested in a long time. OG is younger. He HAS produced. He is routinely known as a top top top defensive player even outside of our circles. Turner is always injured. I like the guy but trading for OG would make me VERY concerned about the front office. I would have to worry if someone in the front office is compromised with some weird photos or something.

Comment

TAMPERING ALLEGATIONS
                            AGAINST OG!?!?!??!?!??!???

Oh wait, misread.

This is just that tempering expectations thread still.

Nah, I ain’t doing that.

Comment

I dont think a player can just learn to shoot fadeaways close to kobe or develop a handle close to Kyrie. But like Barnes OG only needs to get above average in a few areas to be really - really good.

Comment

Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                                I dont think a player can just learn to shoot fadeaways close to kobe or develop a handle close to Kyrie. But like Barnes OG only needs to get above average in a few areas to be really - really good.
                                Well thats just it. You start with your ability to process the game strategically. OG had a decent feel for the game defensively. Even offensively he knew where to be and wasn't making a lot of mistakes. Where you improve is the little things. Positioning, recognition of spots. He doesn't need to shoot Kobe fadeaways. He needs to continue to improve on his footwork inside. OG also needs to continue to improve on his playmaking (I am assuming that the midrange and 3point shot stuff is going to be legit).

Comment

Working...
                                X