Absolutely no surprise here but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Do you have supporting evidence because that was never reported at the time as far as I'm concerned. This is the first I ever heard of it.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk
    http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-dealt%29-quot

That's not where i originnally heard it, but it was the fastest thing on google.

Comment

Come on man, did you open wide when he figuratively spit in your face all those years ago?

Vince Carter is a pussy opportunist who didn't give a crap about his team or the fans. He tanked games and killed his trade value by causing a big stir. Screw Vince Carter, and anyone who is down with him must have either a.) never been a fan of the team back then or b.) has forgotten how badly he screwed the team.

Bosh is a tool but still, he left with dignity. He left as a man.
      Spit in my face? Bro, youre taking things a LITTLE too personally. Dont tell me which players to like or tell me when i was a fan please. I like the way vince played i dont really care what you have to say about it.

Bosh was a douche jump shooting big,no leader follower with no swag. Anybody who liked him must not have been a real fan.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
        you are all being added to the SIG (which I started before the Kevin Love trade but have stubbornly stuck with)
        Wasn't it originally "miss playoffs" and then it moved to "finish 8th" when Paul George got injured?

Anyways, not moving it to something like 5th when Kevin Love was acquired is pretty crazy. Even if you're down on the Cavs, they aren't going to be under .500, which they pretty much have to be to finish that low.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
          http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...-dealt%29-quot

That's not where i originnally heard it, but it was the fastest thing on google.
          My anger meter drops a little because I believe in The Smitch but still, it doesn't take back how the guy acted leading up to the point and he never truly made a formal apology to the fans, especially all those kids who idolized the guy.

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Spit in my face? Bro, youre taking things a LITTLE too personally. Dont tell me which players to like or tell me when i was a fan please. I like the way vince played i dont really care what you have to say about it.

Bosh was a douche jump shooting big,no leader follower with no swag. Anybody who liked him must not have been a real fan.
          I don't think I'm taking it too personally. I'm telling you the guy acted like a complete a'hole but I won't lose sleep over it, it didn't change my life. What it did do though is kill the team I cheer for a long time and so when some people suggest Chris Bosh is such a bad guy in comparison to Vince Carter it causes me to want to set the record straight because when you lay it all out on the table both individuals handled themselves completely different; one conducting themselves with no professionalism or regard for the fans. The game is successful because of the fans, Vince Carter would be selling cars or insurance or something if not for the fans.

FYI, I guess you could say that Vince Carter also turned into a "jump shooting douche". It started in his last two or three seasons in Toronto and only grew from there... Needless to say, I don't get your point on this bit...

Comment

Both Babcock & VC are to blame...VC for behaving like a dick and Babcock for getting pennies on the exchange...but then VC helped immeasurably to lower his value. The Raps should just have sat his ass down at the end of the bench or suspended him until he took his thumb outta his mouth....and had an effect on his endorsements. Pussies all around....we got crap back...wouldnt have made a diff in the W-L columns. Oh we also kept paying that other heistmeister Mourning for not going thru with the trade and signing on in Miami.

Comment

Richard Peddie is also largely to blame...

Comment

I just wish Babcock had exhibited some patience.. even if a gun was being pointed to his head. Both Orlando and Denver made out like champions when their two disgruntled stars (Howard and Carmelo) wanted out. Plus Orlando and Denver had the pressure of the internet to get something done.

Comment

Babcock was a rookie who had to deal with hands on, pushy executives that didn't know anything about basketball. This situation was rectified when Colangelo agreed to come on board and carried over to now thankfully.

Honestly, I don't think Dr.J would have been any worse and he was Carter's choice.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    Wasn't it originally "miss playoffs" and then it moved to "finish 8th" when Paul George got injured?

Anyways, not moving it to something like 5th when Kevin Love was acquired is pretty crazy. Even if you're down on the Cavs, they aren't going to be under .500, which they pretty much have to be to finish that low.
                    Lebron James is overdue for a catastrophic injury
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I am sticking with the 8th place finish purely out of stubborness though.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Richard Peddie is also largely to blame...
                        I blame Jack McCloskey

Comment

The year the Raptors lost to A.I. in game seven, I truly believe that had they won that game they would have went to the finals and given the Lakers a run for their money. Such a team, even a better team, can be put together. Lenny was the wrong coach for V.C. and they still pulled off an exciting run to game seven.

Come on man, did you open wide when he figuratively spit in your face all those years ago?

Vince Carter is a pussy opportunist who didn't give a crap about his team or the fans. He tanked games and killed his trade value by causing a big stir. Screw Vince Carter, and anyone who is down with him must have either a.) never been a fan of the team back then or b.) has forgotten how badly he screwed the team.

Bosh is a tool but still, he left with dignity. He left as a man.
                          LOL no Bosh didn't. He shut himself down while we're in the middle of a playoff chase. We went from 5th seed to 9th. He sat out key games that could have at least boosted the team's morale, and games that true franchise players would have played. Who complained about trivial stuff like cable tv or shit league pass or having less exposure?? Or saying that Toronto is "different". Or saying that he plays for the back of his jersey. Vince led the league in all star votes in the 2000s as a Raptor.

I don't understand the massive hatred towards VC but the love to RuPaul. I guess it does show that he is irrelevant and that he was never as good as he is rated.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            I still say Cavs partially implode and finish 8th.

1.) I don't think Love is ready to be Bosh

2.) I don't think Waiters will last

3.) Kyrie is lazy

4.) Verajao is an injury case

5.) Shawn Marion and Mike Miller are on victory laps.

our 10 through 15 is better our 6,7,8,9 is better and our starting 1,2, and 5 are better
                            They have LeBron... we don't.
                            They have Kevin Love... we don't.

shhh

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                              LOL no Bosh didn't. He shut himself down while we're in the middle of a playoff chase. We went from 5th seed to 9th. He sat out key games that could have at least boosted the team's morale, and games that true franchise players would have played. Who complained about trivial stuff like cable tv or shit league pass or having less exposure?? Or saying that Toronto is "different". Or saying that he plays for the back of his jersey. Vince led the league in all star votes in the 2000s as a Raptor.

I don't understand the massive hatred towards VC but the love to RuPaul. I guess it does show that he is irrelevant and that he was never as good as he is rated.
                              When they left, I hated both Carter and Bosh for varying reasons. But I honestly couldn't less anymore.

Having said that, Bosh is still a very good basketball player. He'd look nice in our starting unit.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post

I don't particularly like either or them as pro basketballers and I explained in detail why for Carter if you cared to read. Then you'll understand.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                When they left, I hated both Carter and Bosh for varying reasons. But I honestly couldn't less anymore.

Having said that, Bosh is still a very good basketball player. He'd look nice in our starting unit.
                                I don't think about either unless the topic comes up. Anytime somebody starts talking about how much we should appreciate Vince Carter or admire him or worse yes, HONOR him then I feel obligated at a day one Raptors fan who's seen it all front to back to say 'no, that's a horrible idea and here's why'.

Comment

Working...
                                X