Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get the recent Pascal and Scotty are a bad fit narrative.
    Other than small sample size without Fred when injured, I don't think there's enough evidence one way or another. There's also no guarantee that Scotty develops into an Alpha (so woithout Pascal we'd still me mediocre) but if he does, Pascal is the 1B we needed with Kawhi.

I still have no idea what Masai/Bobby are going to do and not sure if they do yet.
    I was sure they would just and only move GTJr
    Then I thought they just might move Fred (the right move imo for both freeing up Scotty and the potential return)
    Recently the idea of moving on OG has been floated which I would prefer not to but if the return was good....
    Pascal's not going anywhere

Please just don't do only the first idea....be bold, be creative Masai.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
      I don't get the recent Pascal and Scotty are a bad fit narrative.
      Scotty isn't the finished product and so how can that be the narrative ..

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

It's only a narrative from a few posters on here.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

when he's a finished product, do you foresee scottie becoming the shooter necessary to thrive in an off-ball role?

same question for pascal, except he more or less is a finished product.

if the answer to either question is no then it's not an optimal fit

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

It's only a narrative from a few posters on here.
            can you name a pair of stars in a situation that's working where both players are thriving in which neither player can shoot?

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

can you name a pair of stars in a situation that's working where both players are thriving in which neither player can shoot?
              Define can't shoot. Pascal is a 56.5% TS, he's a very efficient scorer at high volume.

Comment

Define can't shoot. Pascal is a 56.5% TS, he's a very efficient scorer at high volume.
                by can't shoot i'm referring to someone who doesn't provide floor spacing. below average 3% shooting, basically.

yes he's a pretty efficient scorer at high volume (though that's been coming way down for a month now). i think scottie can become even better.

they both need the ball and spacing for that to happen though.

Comment

• I rarely see pascal catch and shoot

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                    I rarely see pascal catch and shoot
                    Pascal takes 3 catch and shoot threes per game and hits 35% of them. Perfectly fine for floor spacing.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan at the age of 33 gets another all star bid .. Have to be happy for the guy

Comment

• So that’s what it looks like when it doesn’t bounce 4 times. Or 3. Or 2. Or once.

Comment

• Just listened to Mikal Bridges & Cam Johnson Introductory Press Conference .. It brought to mind when DeRozan got traded for Kawhi ... Mikal Bridges understands if your going to
                          get KD it is going to take a guy like me to get him " Bridges said " KD I get it " I am happy to say I got traded for KD then hearing about I got traded for some other NBA dude " .. DeRozan
                          in being angry never got that .. It is not like Raptors traded you for just anybody .. You were traded for a player who was named Top 75 of all time ..

This new Nets team is mega young and athletic and deep .. It would be nice to see them do well with out those 2 mega starts holding the franchise hostage .

Last edited by guyroch; Sat Feb 11, 2023, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• After all the Yuta gushing here all season, he's effectively out of the rotation in Brooklyn post trade deadline. The last 3 games he played 5 minutes, then 4 minutes, then tonight a DNP CD.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

Assuming you mean can’t shoot the 3

Sabonis and Fox

This year’s surprise but it’s working so far

Comment

After all the Yuta gushing here all season, he's effectively out of the rotation in Brooklyn post trade deadline. The last 3 games he played 5 minutes, then 4 minutes, then tonight a DNP CD.
                                lol, context. After the Kyrie & KD trades, the Nets are absolutely loaded with role players. High-end 3 & D wings: DFS, Cam Johnson, Mikal Bridges, Royce O'Neal. DPOY level defenders: Simmons and Claxton. Shooters/creators: Harris, Curry, Dinwiddie, Thomas. That's already 10 guys who need minutes. Basically, Yuta needs to beat out the 3&D wing group, and those guys are all very good to elite.

Not sure what the contract situations look like, but the Nets could be in a good position to make a consolidation trade in the off-season and go star hunting. Other than Simmons' contract, almost all of their assets have some trade value around the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X