Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

As I've been saying, I think Detroit and Toronto are a great trade match but the assumption would be that Siakam or OG would sign long term. That's the catch. The Pistons are looking at the Rockets and they are going to do exactly what Houston did last season in free agency. That's the new model for teams stuck where Houston was (and Detroit is).

Something like Siakam for Bogdanovic, Ivey, Bagley and a pick makes lots of sense for both teams (Raps could even take the corpse of Joe Harris). Toronto gets shooting and its upside guard. Detroit gets a perfect guy to pair with Cade and they still have their young guards and they can still go out and sign another vet in FA.
    Not crazy about that trade for Toronto, but would hinge on what sort of player Ivey becomes. As it stands now he's not much of a shooter which is vital at the guard position, but he's got that crazy speed which sets him apart from many other guards. Bogdonovich is 34 so not really a fit long term. Pick might be nice, but I don't know if Detroit would give that up for Siakam unless he commits long term. Detroit could just wait until the summer and not give up anything too.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Dwane Casey was gassing up Masai/Bobby and Toronto last night...big time. Hmmmm....

As I've been saying, I think Detroit and Toronto are a great trade match but the assumption would be that Siakam or OG would sign long term. That's the catch. The Pistons are looking at the Rockets and they are going to do exactly what Houston did last season in free agency. That's the new model for teams stuck where Houston was (and Detroit is).

Something like Siakam for Bogdanovic, Ivey, Bagley and a pick makes lots of sense for both teams (Raps could even take the corpse of Joe Harris). Toronto gets shooting and its upside guard. Detroit gets a perfect guy to pair with Cade and they still have their young guards and they can still go out and sign another vet in FA.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Dwane Casey was gassing up Masai/Bobby and Toronto last night...big time. Hmmmm....

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Former Raptor Eric Montross passes away at the age of 52 .. You could that was one of Toronto's best trades in
    franchise history ..

In 2001, Montross and Jerome Williams were traded to the Toronto Raptors for Kornél Dávid, Tyrone Corbin and Corliss Williamson .. You could that was one of Toronto's best trades in franchise history ..

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    Hall of Fame lock.

That is not bad for a player drafted in the 9th position .. Although Dirk had quite the career also being drafted in
    the 9th postion ..

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Brett Usher is so dumb mentioning Steph in the same sentence with Demar the Pretender

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Hall of Fame lock.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    Fred on The Woj podcast said a lot of interesting things .. Things like " Last year was first year that basketball felt like
    a job "

ESPN Podcenter
    LOL

It will be a matter of time for him to say that in Houston. They are right 1 game below 500. The Rockets spending that significant about of salary on mediocre talent will always be MID.

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    Fred on The Woj podcast said a lot of interesting things .. Things like " Last year was first year that basketball felt like
    a job "

ESPN Podcenter

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    well you can take T-Ross out of here. He's retiring
    Can’t believe we rode the whole arc of that coin toss

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Lowry + Casey's role cards consistently gave us one of the better benches in the league. Maybe some of the recent bench downturn was a FVV + Nurse thing, and also Vision 6'9".

That said... we still need a legit backup PG on the roster.

We had an amazing bench Nurse's first 2 seasons as head coach. Things have gone downhill since.

I think you nailed the reason with Masai's project 6'9 experiment. We ignored positions and skill sets and it showed.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

You maybe right but who do the Raptors fill out their rosters with to give their coach a bench ? Garrett Temple and other
    projects through out the years ...
    Lowry + Casey's role cards consistently gave us one of the better benches in the league. Maybe some of the recent bench downturn was a FVV + Nurse thing, and also Vision 6'9".

That said... we still need a legit backup PG on the roster.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

You maybe right but who do the Raptors fill out their rosters with to give their coach a bench ? Garrett Temple and other
    projects through out the years ...
    Maybe this is the year we got the bench right?

I say that every year, but this year, I think it's gonna be right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X