Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

I always thought the front office was at fault too, not just Vince.

Its similar to how Porzingis left NY. Knicks' front office said Porzingis wanted to get traded. I believe Porzingis later on said he didn't actually ask to get traded.
      I can't remember where I saw it, but it essentially said that Vince did do all the things he was accused of but then later on in the process he said that he wanted to stay and try to keep being a Raptor. It was too late though, he was already traded.

Babcock was a horrible GM.

Vince was given the keys of a young franchise in a new country and got a little selfish and egotistical. He was young. I will give him a pass to be forgiven. I still wont forget how much of a polarization of how bad he played the last year or so as a Raptor and how quickly he turned it around in Jersey. A lot of the blame can and should be put on Babcock. Vince is not squeaky clean either.

It's why I still remain of the thought process that Vince deserves to be in the rafters. Just not the first one. I know that might not happen; now that he is going into the HOF as a Raptor and that the Nets are retiring his jersey. But it's still where I sit.

Forgiven.
      Not forgotten.
      His roses are deserved, but he also has to realize he set the franchise back years by starting the process of getting traded. Granted he re-nagged, but he still started the process, continued to play poorly and then a terrible GM got pennies on the dollar for him.

Comment

• Shredder wrote: View Post

I can't remember where I saw it, but it essentially said that Vince did do all the things he was accused of but then later on in the process he said that he wanted to stay and try to keep being a Raptor. It was too late though, he was already traded.

Babcock was a horrible GM.

Vince was given the keys of a young franchise in a new country and got a little selfish and egotistical. He was young. I will give him a pass to be forgiven. I still wont forget how much of a polarization of how bad he played the last year or so as a Raptor and how quickly he turned it around in Jersey. A lot of the blame can and should be put on Babcock. Vince is not squeaky clean either.

It's why I still remain of the thought process that Vince deserves to be in the rafters. Just not the first one. I know that might not happen; now that he is going into the HOF as a Raptor and that the Nets are retiring his jersey. But it's still where I sit.

Forgiven.
        Not forgotten.
        His roses are deserved, but he also has to realize he set the franchise back years by starting the process of getting traded. Granted he re-nagged, but he still started the process, continued to play poorly and then a terrible GM got pennies on the dollar for him.
        How can you forgive a person who is not asking for forgiveness. But telling you he was right and you fans were wrong.

All he had to say was I was young and immature. We all made mistakes.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

How can you forgive a person who is not asking for forgiveness. But telling you he was right and you fans were wrong.

All he had to say was I was young and immature. We all made mistakes.
          Fair.
          I choose to forgive. Not forget.
          But I choose to forgive; for me. Not him. There is no room in my life to be that angry of something that happened so long ago.

Comment

• So hum with only a couple days to go before free agency... where do you guys think DeMar is going to end up? I think he's going to LA.

Clippers or Lakers, I don't know!

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
              So hum with only a couple days to go before free agency... where do you guys think DeMar is going to end up? I think he's going to LA.

Clippers or Lakers, I don't know!
              I don't think either of them have the cap space for Derozan.

Comment

• Sources: OG Anunoby to sign 5-year, $212.5M deal with Knicks

Comment

• So OG took a paycut to stay with the Knicks? WTF. This market is just stupid.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                    Sources: OG Anunoby to sign 5-year, $212.5M deal with Knicks
                    That core that couldn't win the play in game will all be making 40 plus million

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

That core that couldn't win the play in game will all be making 40 plus million
                      Nurse is also one of the highest paid coaches....

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan still getting the cash at the age of 35 years old .. 3 Years 74 million dollars .. Always happy for him ..

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                              Bruno Caboclo ? 2023/24 Best Plays & Highlights ? Partizan Belgrade (youtube.com)

He does have quite the highlight reel

Comment

• Would not be surprised to see him signed to an NBA team again sometime soon. He's finally bench player capable.

Comment

Working...
                                X