Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    I would have bet for hell freezing over, before seeing words like this written this year.....

https://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...05/2096573002/
    Proud of Bruno. Hope he continues working
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        I guess the 2 years away from being two years away has finally arrived. . Heck if the Raps are going to show patience in a player it is good they are showing it with Canadian Boucher
        Last edited by guyroch; Wed Feb 27, 2019, 08:37 AM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          I guess the 2 years away from being two years away has finally arrived. . Heck if the Raps are going to show patience in a player it is good they are showing it with Canzdiani Boucher
          my guy. this is JV
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

my guy. this is JV
            hahahaha
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

my guy. this is JV
              Sorry I was posting at 11:30 at the night : )

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Taking nothing away from JV, but he was averaging 19 minutes/game for TO, and getting almost a double double every game. I think he played 30 minutes against Cleveland. If he'd played 30 minutes a game for the Raptors, I believe his offense would have mirrored these numbers, assuming they passed him the ball.
                In my opinion the media just gushes over Gasol ... We are getting a 34 year old Gasol with a lot of mileage on that body . They will make a 5 point night sound sexy . IF he opts in we are paying 25 million for a 35 year old big man next year ... JV was coming to his own this year and might have fetched us an asset if we did want to get rid of him this summer .
                Last edited by guyroch; Wed Feb 27, 2019, 09:03 AM.

Comment

In my opinion the media just gushes over Gasol ... We are getting a 34 year old Gasol with a lot of mileage on that body . They will make a 5 point night sound sexy . IF he opts in we are paying 25 million for a 35 year old big man next year ... JV was coming to his own this year and might have fetched us an asset if we did want to get rid of him this summer .
                  Timing is everything. Masai had to go all in with Kawhi here, for two reasons: first, the more successful the Raptors are this season, the better their odds at talking Kawhi into re-signing and second, if Kawhi doesn't come back this may turn out to be the best roster they have within a window of at least several years and they may as well push it to go as far this year as they can. At a certain point some of your other plans re: timing and youth and saving money go out the window.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Timing is everything. Masai had to go all in with Kawhi here, for two reasons: first, the more successful the Raptors are this season, the better their odds at talking Kawhi into re-signing and second, if Kawhi doesn't come back this may turn out to be the best roster they have within a window of at least several years and they may as well push it to go as far this year as they can. At a certain point some of your other plans re: timing and youth and saving money go out the window.
                    If Gasol opts out then this trade makes salary cap sense .. It removes JV and Miles contracts off the books ...

I just heard on the radio .. Isn't picking up Gasol similar to when the Raps picked up Olajuwon way back when.

Comment

Next year is next year. This team looks nothing like it did even a year ago, let alone 3-4 years ago. I don't think trying to gauge 2020 Gasol matters much - he may not even be here.

Comment

... Isn't picking up Gasol similar to when the Raps picked up Olajuwon way back when.
                        Not even close. Gasol can still help, as his 8 assists attest. He hits threes at a high enough rate that he still pulls his man out of the paint.

Comment

• Hakeem was 39 when he was a Raptor.

Comment

If Gasol opts out then this trade makes salary cap sense .. It removes JV and Miles contracts off the books ...

I just heard on the radio .. Isn't picking up Gasol similar to when the Raps picked up Olajuwon way back when.
                            Is essential keeps our book the same when you add cj an valanciunas. Jv was definatly opting in so same amout of cap eaten up by marc then those 2
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Hakeem was 39 when he was a Raptor.
                              Right up there with 2018 Ibaka

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Hakeem was 39 when he was a Raptor.
                                Yes but like Gasol the Raptors aren't getting the all star Gasol they are getting on his last legs Gasol which was like Hakeem .

Comment

Working...
                                X