Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Big Props goes out to Vince Carter ... 17 points last night ..

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MFtfU2A394

    Comment


    • LaMarcus Aldridge scored 24 points, DeMar DeRozan had 17 points, 13 rebounds and 8 assists, and the Spurs returned home after a 25-day absence to beat the Detroit Pistons 105-93 on Wednesday night and snap a three-game skid.

      Jacob Poeltl has not been having a strong season, in and out fo the lineup but started last night and finished with 11 points, 14 rebounds, and 3 blocks including a swat of Blake Griffin and absolutely stuffing an Andre Drummond dunk attempt.

      DeMar and Jak not doing Coach Casey any favours.

      Comment


      • guyroch wrote: View Post
        Yes but like Gasol the Raptors aren't getting the all star Gasol they are getting on his last legs Gasol which was like Hakeem .
        I'm not a fan of the trade.. I just think it was a sideways move. Gasol is better than JV (even at the age of 34) in several ways including IQ, defense, passing (especially passing). But he's not very good around the rim (both offensively and defensively) and is a guy that you need to build chemistry with. He needs the ball to be effective. He can set screens but they aren't as great as JV's screens etc. Plus I like Wright more than I like Lin.

        Either way.. in this era being 34 is not ancient. Especially with things like nutrition, travel and load management improving over time. Dirk is 40. Wade is 37 (and hit an incredible 3pt shot to beat GSW last night). Plus Gasol doesn't rely on athleticism. He relies on his IQ. He plays the "old man game" very effectively. I mean he still averaged 15&7 before he got traded. So he's not completely washed.

        Hakeem was broken down completely when he signed. It would be a kin to us signing Dirk in the summer.

        I'm not a fan of the trade but 34 year old Gasol >>>>>>>> 40 year old Dirk.

        Comment


        • planetmars wrote: View Post
          I'm not a fan of the trade.. I just think it was a sideways move. Gasol is better than JV (even at the age of 34) in several ways including IQ, defense, passing (especially passing). But he's not very good around the rim (both offensively and defensively) and is a guy that you need to build chemistry with. He needs the ball to be effective. He can set screens but they aren't as great as JV's screens etc. Plus I like Wright more than I like Lin.

          Either way.. in this era being 34 is not ancient. Especially with things like nutrition, travel and load management improving over time. Dirk is 40. Wade is 37 (and hit an incredible 3pt shot to beat GSW last night). Plus Gasol doesn't rely on athleticism. He relies on his IQ. He plays the "old man game" very effectively. I mean he still averaged 15&7 before he got traded. So he's not completely washed.

          Hakeem was broken down completely when he signed. It would be a kin to us signing Dirk in the summer.

          I'm not a fan of the trade but 34 year old Gasol >>>>>>>> 40 year old Dirk.
          Dirk signing with Toronto guaranteed

          Comment


          • planetmars wrote: View Post
            I'm not a fan of the trade.. I just think it was a sideways move. Gasol is better than JV (even at the age of 34) in several ways including IQ, defense, passing (especially passing). But he's not very good around the rim (both offensively and defensively) and is a guy that you need to build chemistry with. He needs the ball to be effective. He can set screens but they aren't as great as JV's screens etc. Plus I like Wright more than I like Lin.

            Either way.. in this era being 34 is not ancient. Especially with things like nutrition, travel and load management improving over time. Dirk is 40. Wade is 37 (and hit an incredible 3pt shot to beat GSW last night). Plus Gasol doesn't rely on athleticism. He relies on his IQ. He plays the "old man game" very effectively. I mean he still averaged 15&7 before he got traded. So he's not completely washed.

            Hakeem was broken down completely when he signed. It would be a kin to us signing Dirk in the summer.

            I'm not a fan of the trade but 34 year old Gasol >>>>>>>> 40 year old Dirk.
            You have to factor Gasol plays for Spain almost every summer ..Hey if he give us some old Gasol in small spirts in the playoffs it might be worth it . He has played in a lot of big games

            Comment


            • Memphis beats Dallas
              Grizz team highs
              Points - JV 20.
              Rebounds - Bruno 11
              Assists - Bruno 6
              Minutes - Bruno 35
              +/- - CJ Miles +26

              And a belated shout out to Vince Carter. Played 45 minutes in the Bulls game the other night. That's now the record for any player his age.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

              Comment


              • 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Memphis beats Dallas
                Grizz team highs
                Points - JV 20.
                Rebounds - Bruno 11
                Assists - Bruno 6
                Minutes - Bruno 35
                +/- - CJ Miles +26

                And a belated shout out to Vince Carter. Played 45 minutes in the Bulls game the other night. That's now the record for any player his age.
                Bruno approaching a triple double is crazy. CJ leading the team in plus-minus almost as much so.

                I think JV has beaten his all time Raptors assists high like three times since joining the Grizzlies.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment




                • Last edited by MixxAOR; Sun Mar 3rd, 2019, 02:15 AM.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                  Comment


                  • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    wth Valanciunas beasting, making them challenge him at the 3, hitting multiple long twos that he almost never took here. Wow, good for him.

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I always felt that JV was just never fully utilized here because he was so low on the food chain so it’s good to see him doing well on Memphis. It’s not sour grapes because Gasol brings more of what our team needs right now. And it’s not clear that JV would do what he’s doing on a playoff team. But I’m happy for him. His next contract might actually outdo his current one.
                        Doubtful. The market has seen serious correction since JV's last contract. Center position isn't valued that high anymore. Danny Leroux pod was talking about Brook Lopez getting a 9M/yr offer from the Bucks if they want to keep their starting lineup together and not pay tax - and Lopez is a semi-unicorn now. I'd see JV in the ~11-14M/yr range.

                        Even for a highly valued position like PG, we just saw Bledsoe sign for 17.5M/year and he now has similar winning impact stats to Lowry @ 30M/year, is younger more athletic and a better scorer.

                        Comment


                        • golden wrote: View Post
                          Doubtful. The market has seen serious correction since JV's last contract. Center position isn't valued that high anymore. Danny Leroux pod was talking about Brook Lopez getting a 9M/yr offer from the Bucks if they want to keep their starting lineup together and not pay tax - and Lopez is a semi-unicorn now. I'd see JV in the ~11-14M/yr range.

                          Even for a highly valued position like PG, we just saw Bledsoe sign for 17.5M/year and he now has similar winning impact stats to Lowry @ 30M/year, is younger more athletic and a better scorer.
                          No no golden..you are not allowed to sneak into a jv post that Eric Bledsoe is better or equal to lowry
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            No no golden..you are not allowed to sneak into a jv post that Eric Bledsoe is better or equal to lowry

                            Comment


                            • Yeah, JV is doing good. He's even droping 4-5 dimes a game now...

                              Comment


                              • Vince Carter moves past Reggie Miller for 20th in all time scoring .. He got 21 points last night ... With the modern day NBA going the load management for stars ... Do you think Vince Carter and the top 25 ( Durant on his way ) will be there for decades to come .
                                Last edited by guyroch; Tue Mar 5th, 2019, 10:24 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X