Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

I really don't think Siakam gets all nba this season and won't be eligible for super max.

He's 28 for 2 more months, he will be 29 next season. So if 33 is his last good season he will be good for 5 more seasons. That aligns perfectly with a 5 year contract.
    Yup.. Siakam isn't getting a super-max. He's not making the all-nba team this year. I mean he may not even be an all-star. Although I think he squeezes in.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Lowry with 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in first half and benched in 4th quarter. It’s tough to watch.
    Didn't someone just post about bringing him back for Fred

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

Well he's 36 years old now. 2020 was his last best season -- his age 33 season. This is what I'm saying about Siakam. He's 29 years old now. Are we sure giving him the supermax is a great idea? because he's not going to be the same player 3-4 years from now.
    I really don't think Siakam gets all nba this season and won't be eligible for super max.

He's 28 for 2 more months, he will be 29 next season. So if 33 is his last good season he will be good for 5 more seasons. That aligns perfectly with a 5 year contract.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    Lowry with 0 points, 0 rebounds, 0 assists in first half and benched in 4th quarter. It’s tough to watch.
    Well he's 36 years old now. 2020 was his last best season -- his age 33 season. This is what I'm saying about Siakam. He's 29 years old now. Are we sure giving him the supermax is a great idea? because he's not going to be the same player 3-4 years from now.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Your periodic reminder that Nurse can't develop a bench

Yuta wouldn't work on 90% of NBA teams.

Did you just blackout the entire time he was on the Raptors? He got minutes and shots and was not good.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Ebonhawke wrote: View Post
    Greek team Panathinaikos has signed veteran sharpshooter Matt Thomas through the 2023/24 season, the club announced in a press release.

Thomas, 28, spent last season with the Bulls, appearing in 40 games and averaging 4.0 PPG and 1.3 RPG on .410/.385/.800 shooting. The former Iowa State standout also played for the Raptors and Jazz from 2019-21, appearing in 126 total NBA regular season contests and making 40.4% of his three-pointers during that time.
    We could use a guy like that who makes his threes off the bench

Leave a comment:

• Ebonhawke
    replied
    Greek team Panathinaikos has signed veteran sharpshooter Matt Thomas through the 2023/24 season, the club announced in a press release.

Thomas, 28, spent last season with the Bulls, appearing in 40 games and averaging 4.0 PPG and 1.3 RPG on .410/.385/.800 shooting. The former Iowa State standout also played for the Raptors and Jazz from 2019-21, appearing in 126 total NBA regular season contests and making 40.4% of his three-pointers during that time.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Masai and Bobby fucked up letting him go

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Your periodic reminder that Nurse can't develop a bench

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    #MyGROAT

Leave a comment:

• guyroch
    replied
    NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Look I want him to be. But like. If you can't win in the playoffs where in basketball the playoffs truly are a good test of who's the best?? (unlike football and baseball). I'm not sure. I'm not hall of fame expert but my reaction is he hasn't done enough, maybe he should make like the hall of fame for Very Good but not Incredible players which doesn't exist yet!

#RAPTORFORLIFE
    #WONUS ACHIP(SORTOF)
    5 time all star .. 2 time Second all NBA and 1 time third .. He might end up top 25 all time scorer .. Saying that I don't think he a HOF'er but Chris Bosh only 1 all NBA team and that was one second ... Bosh had sucess in the playoffs cause he joined Lebron and DeRozan didn't have playoff sucess cause he played against Lebron .

Congrats last night DeRozan for hitting the 21,000 point mark .. He is going to pass guys like Chris Paul , Gary Payton , and Larry Bird this year .

NBA All-Time Points Leaders: Career Totals in the Regular Season (landofbasketball.com)

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    Say it louder for the people in the back Chuck! HALL OF FAMER.

Look I want him to be. But like. If you can't win in the playoffs where in basketball the playoffs truly are a good test of who's the best?? (unlike football and baseball). I'm not sure. I'm not hall of fame expert but my reaction is he hasn't done enough, maybe he should make like the hall of fame for Very Good but not Incredible players which doesn't exist yet!

#RAPTORFORLIFE
    #WONUS ACHIP(SORTOF)

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied

Chuck looks like he sat in something nasty ....

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X