Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Serge Ibaka's stats are all down compared to his Toronto days
    He finally admitted he's 35 not 29

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Serge Ibaka's stats are all down compared to his Toronto days

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    Best signing Masai made this year .... is not being able to sign Gasol
    I think this is more a matter of the Lakers, as ever, not really knowing what makes players good or bad or how to use them. If they thought signing him at the minimum to be their full time C who can carry lineups even when Davis is out of the lineup...

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

To quote Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: "It doesn't matter what you think!"

The reality is winning a gold medal is a big deal. Christian Laettner is in the HOF because 1. he had a great college career plus 2. he was part of the original Dream Team.

As for Bosh, are you really going to nitpick? 14 and 9 on a team with LeBron and Wade. Of course his numbers are going to be down lol c'mon man.

By your logic, guys like Pippen and Ginobili and Draymond Green aren't hall of famers because they "rode the coat tails" of an all time great player.
    Like I said, the bar is generally too low anyway. and yah, Olympic medals mean jack, ESPECIALLY the dream team medal. That was shameful and a disgrace lol

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

I honestly don't care about Olympic medals, especially if won as a member of a stacked US team. They mean zero.

11X all star in the East, good stat but also speaks to the lack of depth at the position in the East.

2XNBA champion?
    During his first chip series, he averaged 14.6 points and 9.4 rebounds in the Finals. All time stuff right there
    During his second chip riding the coat tails of lebron and Wade, he was held scoreless in Game 7 by Tim Duncan, SCORELESS lol

No he's not a HOF and if he is, the bar is too low (not saying that he won't get in, he will)

If not for the Chip, Lowry is borderline and still known as a choker with DeMar. He continued Kawhi's legacy, Kawhi made Lowry's. I want him in because he's the GROAT; still think the bar is too low.
    To quote Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson: "It doesn't matter what you think!"

The reality is winning a gold medal is a big deal. Christian Laettner is in the HOF because 1. he had a great college career plus 2. he was part of the original Dream Team.

As for Bosh, are you really going to nitpick? 14 and 9 on a team with LeBron and Wade. Of course his numbers are going to be down lol c'mon man.

By your logic, guys like Pippen and Ginobili and Draymond Green aren't hall of famers because they "rode the coat tails" of an all time great player.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Best signing Masai made this year .... is not being able to sign Gasol

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

So Lowry is not a hall of famer then?

Chris Bosh retired at age 31 and he still accomplished all these:

11x star
    Olympic gold medalist
    2x NBA Champion
    I honestly don't care about Olympic medals, especially if won as a member of a stacked US team. They mean zero.

11X all star in the East, good stat but also speaks to the lack of depth at the position in the East.

2XNBA champion?
    During his first chip series, he averaged 14.6 points and 9.4 rebounds in the Finals. All time stuff right there
    During his second chip riding the coat tails of lebron and Wade, he was held scoreless in Game 7 by Tim Duncan, SCORELESS lol

No he's not a HOF and if he is, the bar is too low (not saying that he won't get in, he will)

If not for the Chip, Lowry is borderline and still known as a choker with DeMar. He continued Kawhi's legacy, Kawhi made Lowry's. I want him in because he's the GROAT; still think the bar is too low.
    Last edited by G__Deane; Fri Mar 12, 2021, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Bosh is 100% a HOFer. It's not his fault that he came into our shittiest era of the front office. He put up big stats on a shitty team, but he didn't have a choice but to play for a shitty team... then he chose to play on a better team and he get's raked over the coals for that?! (I was pissed at the time too but I'm over it) That's pretty ridiculous. He took a lesser role on a super team, but was still very important in those championships. Hell. I think if he was paired with just one of those guys he would've won one.

Do we agree that Kevin Garnett is a HOF? Look at his stats when he joined the Celtics and he took a lesser role. Bosh's stats were cut short due to blood clots, but he was trending upward again after the big three was dismantled.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

You hope he doesn't get in why? It ain't Raps fans job to hold up the bar for HOF. We never had an inductee yet. Vince Carter spent 6 out of 22 years here way back when, he's not our guy.

I'd love to see the GROAT represent the purple dino's in the Hall proudly one day, because consistency, because intangibles, because champion. And I'll bang that drum as long as Mitch Richmond's ass has a plaque up in there.
    I don't hope he doesn't get it. I just don't really mind either way.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    I wouldn't mind if Lowry wasn't called HOF to be honest. He's GROAT but bar for HOF is way too low these days. If Lowry wasn't a late bloomer I would feel more comfortable calling him HOF.
    You hope he doesn't get in why? It ain't Raps fans job to hold up the bar for HOF. We never had an inductee yet. Vince Carter spent 6 out of 22 years here way back when, he's not our guy.

I'd love to see the GROAT represent the purple dino's in the Hall proudly one day, because consistency, because intangibles, because champion. And I'll bang that drum as long as Mitch Richmond's ass has a plaque up in there.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I wouldn't mind if Lowry wasn't called HOF to be honest. He's GROAT but bar for HOF is way too low these days. If Lowry wasn't a late bloomer I would feel more comfortable calling him HOF.
    There are a couple of players in the HOF that I have a lot of questions with. Bosh is not one of them. I believe he's going to get in along with Pierce who's easily a first ballot hofer. But anyway, Bosh resume is already all time great but imagine what his resume would look like if he didn't retire early? he probably would finished with 20,000+ points, 4-5 more all star appearances and maybe another chip?

And btw yes, I think Lowry is also a hall of famer.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Bosh is a HOF 1000%. He would have been a fringe HOF if he just stayed in Toronto putting up monster stats on bad teams. He would have been a fringe HOF if his whole career was 3rd fiddle to a contender. But because of both combined, the early years as a stat stuffer and go to guy, then the 2nd half as a 3rd banana on 2x champ 4x finalist, it makes him a bonafide HOFer

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X