Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

    I propose a bracelet for some other people. like hey you were a part of building this but not part of the actually championship team. 1 for Casey Rex klaimian and demar. James Dolan gets one. biyombo and Ross. Tim liwueke. forgot his name but the GM of the Magic now who was Masai 2nd hand man for years. Stackhouse for developing the guys in the game league. and super fan nav should just straight up get a real ring. or at least a custom turban that looks like the championship ring.
    They actually make a tone of rings.. it really depends on MLSE/Masai and who they want to give the rings to and how many they want to make. I forget which team it was (thinking Cavs) but they made 200 rings for their team and employees.

    I do think JV, Wright, Miles, Monroe, Malachi and Brown will get rings (they all played minutes for the team this year).

    I doubt ex players that played last year but not this year will get it (DeMar, Jakob, Bruno, Bebe). Or even coaches (Rex, Stack, Casey).

    I do hope they give rings out to Matt, Jack, Leo, Eric and Sherm.. even Rod deserves one. The "Raptor" should definitely get one too.. Herbie Kuhn as well.


    Comment


    • The Chicago Cubs where a customer of mine when I was with a former employer, and I was visiting them to give technical feedback. The head of IT was part of the meeting, and he had a ring. He let me wear it. It's baseball, not basketball, but if the head of IT gets a ring, I guess teams are pretty generous with them.



      Comment


      • Quirk wrote: View Post
        The Chicago Cubs where a customer of mine when I was with a former employer, and I was visiting them to give technical feedback. The head of IT was part of the meeting, and he had a ring. He let me wear it. It's baseball, not basketball, but if the head of IT gets a ring, I guess teams are pretty generous with them.
        I think I've read that organizations give out a lot of rings to members of the team - however most of those rings aren't the diamond-encrusted versions that appear on the news

        Comment


        • Ebonhawke wrote: View Post

          I think I've read that organizations give out a lot of rings to members of the team - however most of those rings aren't the diamond-encrusted versions that appear on the news
          Yeah, they're a much cheaper version. Still a nice gesture
          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

          Comment


          • planetmars wrote: View Post

            They actually make a tone of rings.. it really depends on MLSE/Masai and who they want to give the rings to and how many they want to make. I forget which team it was (thinking Cavs) but they made 200 rings for their team and employees.

            I do think JV, Wright, Miles, Monroe, Malachi and Brown will get rings (they all played minutes for the team this year).

            I doubt ex players that played last year but not this year will get it (DeMar, Jakob, Bruno, Bebe). Or even coaches (Rex, Stack, Casey).

            I do hope they give rings out to Matt, Jack, Leo, Eric and Sherm.. even Rod deserves one. The "Raptor" should definitely get one too.. Herbie Kuhn as well.

            Why would you think that Casey or even DeMar would get a ring? That would be insulting to them even, what would the inscription be, you weren't good enough to win it here?

            Comment


            • If I was JV I wouldn't want a ring. Not in a spiteful way or anything, I just wouldn't want it. I'd want to earn it.

              Comment


              • Maury wrote: View Post
                If I was JV I wouldn't want a ring. Not in a spiteful way or anything, I just wouldn't want it. I'd want to earn it.
                I know what you're saying but he was traded in-season and contributed to wins that contributed to their season ending position in the league and playoff season. Was also injured in contribution to this chip and didn't ask to be traded. Earned this ring more than Eric Moreland or Jodie Meeks for instance.

                I'm sure he'd like to also win one where he's playing in the finals but he deserves this one.

                Comment


                • I hear both sides. I hope the team offers one to every guy who was on the roster this year and also wouldn't be surprised (or insulted) if several of them turned it down.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

                  Comment


                  • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                    I know what you're saying but he was traded in-season and contributed to wins that contributed to their season ending position in the league and playoff season. Was also injured in contribution to this chip and didn't ask to be traded. Earned this ring more than Eric Moreland or Jodie Meeks for instance.

                    I'm sure he'd like to also win one where he's playing in the finals but he deserves this one.
                    JV had more win shares than Powell, OG & Gasol. And way more than McCaw. Those wins ended up being critical to secure homecourt over Golden State and grab that convincing game 1 win. It set the tone for the series. JV clearly deserves a ring - I hope he accepts it.

                    Comment


                    • Maury wrote: View Post
                      If I was JV I wouldn't want a ring. Not in a spiteful way or anything, I just wouldn't want it. I'd want to earn it.
                      His part in wins allowed Toronto to have home court advantage against Philly ..

                      Comment


                      • golden wrote: View Post

                        JV had more win shares than Powell, OG & Gasol. And way more than McCaw. Those wins ended up being critical to secure homecourt over Golden State and grab that convincing game 1 win. It set the tone for the series. JV clearly deserves a ring - I hope he accepts it.
                        He showed up to Game 1 against the Magic.. and was rooting for us. I hope he accepts it too.

                        Comment


                        • Guys, why wouldn't he accept it? They're worth like $20,000, its a very nice gesture and still a memento you can keep tucked away and show your kids and tell them the story, or pass it down to them when its worth 6 figures.

                          We picture these guys all obsessing over the "narrative" so much. I mean, if the owners of my old company lay me off, and come back later and give me a big fat thank you anyways for my service, yeah, I'm gonna thank them and accept it and continue on.
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • golden wrote: View Post

                            JV had more win shares than Powell, OG & Gasol. And way more than McCaw. Those wins ended up being critical to secure homecourt over Golden State and grab that convincing game 1 win. It set the tone for the series. JV clearly deserves a ring - I hope he accepts it.
                            I have never heard of a player that was formerly on the roster of a winning team turn the ring down. Anyone? JV would gladly accept his well deserved one imo
                            Furthermore I believe it's customary for all players in that position to be offered one but stand to be corrected. Do the players still vote on it?

                            Comment


                            • G__Deane wrote: View Post

                              I have never heard of a player that was formerly on the roster of a winning team turn the ring down. Anyone? JV would gladly accept his well deserved one imo
                              Furthermore I believe it's customary for all players in that position to be offered one but stand to be corrected. Do the players still vote on it?
                              Varejao didn't accept the ring when Cavs won in 2016.. He was moved from the Cavs to the Warriors that year and his Warriors team lost. He eventually got a ring in 2017 though.

                              Comment


                              • I don't think it's about JV taking the ring like he won it. Obviously it's not that for JV. He should and he will take it, because he's spent so much time here, that he will take it as a fan. Just like we buy championship hats and shirts, he'll accept the ring, because he's happy Toronto won it and some of his buddies won it. It's like a very rich fan getting a more pricy championship merch item, but for free.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X