Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jclaw
    replied
    JV against DeMar in the play in game. That's why this thread was created. Good luck to both

    Leave a comment:


  • planetmars
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post

    Well it's official . Chris Bosh is a HOF'er .. Sorry but I think if you have longevity and have put up all time stats or was the best player on a team that had constant playoff success then you should be in but Chris Bosh had neither . Garnett led a Wolves team to Conference Finals against the Lakers ..
    Yeah but the hall has lots of guys that were good players on championship teams, but didn't lead a team to conference finals singlehandedly. KC Jones is in. James Worthy is in. Dennis Johnson is in.

    KG is more deserving, but it's not about who's more deserving. There is a bar, and Bosh got over it.

    Leave a comment:


  • guyroch
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

    I changed my mind from yesterday.. Bosh because he has an Olympic gold and a Fiba bronze. LMA did not play international basketball as far as I can tell. So Bosh has the better basketball resume (and for the HOF it's not just NBA but all of basketball). I don't consider Bosh's rings when voting here.
    Well it's official . Chris Bosh is a HOF'er .. Sorry but I think if you have longevity and have put up all time stats or was the best player on a team that had constant playoff success then you should be in but Chris Bosh had neither . Garnett led a Wolves team to Conference Finals against the Lakers ..

    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied
    #NotClutch


    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • G__Deane
    replied
    https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1884085315719

    Norm Powell on discrimination by the police, leaving the Raptors
    and his love for Toronto
    Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Apr 18, 2021, 05:34 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post

    Bosh - and it's not really close either.
    You should trademark "it's not really close either" TM

    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    You have only one HOF vote and you have to choose between LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh ..
    Bosh - and it's not really close either.

    Leave a comment:


  • planetmars
    replied
    guyroch wrote: View Post
    You have only one HOF vote and you have to choose between LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh ..
    I changed my mind from yesterday.. Bosh because he has an Olympic gold and a Fiba bronze. LMA did not play international basketball as far as I can tell. So Bosh has the better basketball resume (and for the HOF it's not just NBA but all of basketball). I don't consider Bosh's rings when voting here.

    Leave a comment:


  • guyroch
    replied
    You have only one HOF vote and you have to choose between LaMarcus Aldridge or Chris Bosh ..

    Leave a comment:


  • golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

    I understand the purpose of a big man dropping on screen and roll coverage but, as ever, thank you for your condescending explanation so that us rubes can follow along.

    As for aggregated DRTG numbers, those are nice (good for Memphis being top-10) but the fact remains you can exploit him defensively in screen and roll and this isn't some far-fetched theory held by a small group of JV haters and it isn't a minor problem. It is what it is. Memphis has been shifting him around defensively (guarding Thad Young late in the Bulls game) to avoid the situation.
    Maybe, but all of the individual advanced stats (e.g. DRPM, D-LEBRON, D-RAPTOR, D-EPM, DWS, etc...) also point to JV being a net positive on defense these days. He could still have problems with PnR coverage, as you say, but whatever else he's doing on defense appears to outweigh that in huge positive way.... assuming his PnR coverage is still a big issue.

    Leave a comment:


  • S.R.
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

    That play in tourney is gonna be ruthless out West: Mavs, Griz, Spurs, Warriors. Those are the "mediocre" teams in the West. They'd be fighting for home court in the east lol
    The East looked so promising pre-season, several big stars moving over from the West.

    I never believe in all the "Team X should be better this year because ..." predictions. Boston's internal growth from young stars? Not better. Big names arrive on teams like the Wizards? Doesn't matter. So many intangibles that don't come together for teams.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaw
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

    They have a 108 DRTG, 7th in the league, and slightly better with JV on the court than off. Hard to imagine that's a result of teams getting much in way of automatic buckets.

    As ever, people watch a drop coverage defence and assume the open shots they see mean it's bad defence, and as ever, it's actually working as intended and encouraging the least effective shots in the game. It's only against the very biggest stars you need to really worry about taking away those shots, and even if you have a mobile big you are going to want a doubling/help strategy on those guys anyway.
    I understand the purpose of a big man dropping on screen and roll coverage but, as ever, thank you for your condescending explanation so that us rubes can follow along.

    As for aggregated DRTG numbers, those are nice (good for Memphis being top-10) but the fact remains you can exploit him defensively in screen and roll and this isn't some far-fetched theory held by a small group of JV haters and it isn't a minor problem. It is what it is. Memphis has been shifting him around defensively (guarding Thad Young late in the Bulls game) to avoid the situation.

    Leave a comment:


  • KeonClark
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Jonas Valanciunas is having another good year and is only 28 - same age as Chris Boucher. His rebounding numbers keep going up (big man in a small leauge?), he's getting 4 ORB/game now and this entire Raptors roster gets 9. Crazy that this guy has basically not figured into anyone's long term plans since his first couple years in the league.

    17&13 in 28 mpg. Not sure Memphis wants him, but they need him.

    Would have been a perennial all-star at any point in NBA history up to the past 10 years.
    That play in tourney is gonna be ruthless out West: Mavs, Griz, Spurs, Warriors. Those are the "mediocre" teams in the West. They'd be fighting for home court in the east lol

    Leave a comment:


  • DanH
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

    15 straight double-doubles.

    The problem continues to be defensively. Good teams put him and Morant in pick and roll and it's basically a guaranteed basket. I actually think Memphis should explore having him guard a shooter instead of the big and make offenses get out of their comfort 1/5 and 1/4 screen and rolls - apparently, they did this against the Bulls.
    They have a 108 DRTG, 7th in the league, and slightly better with JV on the court than off. Hard to imagine that's a result of teams getting much in way of automatic buckets.

    As ever, people watch a drop coverage defence and assume the open shots they see mean it's bad defence, and as ever, it's actually working as intended and encouraging the least effective shots in the game. It's only against the very biggest stars you need to really worry about taking away those shots, and even if you have a mobile big you are going to want a doubling/help strategy on those guys anyway.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X