Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is stupid. Delon and CJ dont really deserve on but JV should 100% get a ring. All 3 of those guys did more then Jodie meeks and Eric moreland and you gave one to Nav? Those guys still helped us win game which got us homecourt in the finals Nav waved a towel.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I don't know...if you would've looked weird at the parade. You prolly shouldn't get the ring.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

This is stupid. Delon and CJ dont really deserve on but JV should 100% get a ring. All 3 of those guys did more then Jodie meeks and Eric moreland and you gave one to Nav? Those guys still helped us win game which got us homecourt in the finals Nav waved a towel.
        Nav paid for his ring with 24 years of seasons tickets. Lol. That’s a PR move.

Seriously though, I’m royally pissed if they don’t give JV a ring. He contributed big-time to the championship season and playoff seeding. He was basically the bench scoring by himself, the first part of the season.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          I don't know...if you would've looked weird at the parade. You prolly shouldn't get the ring.
          Jordan Lloyd got one and he wasn't even playoff eligible. I think it was 2 wins that got us home court in the finals against GSW? Those guys defiantly contributed 2 wins. At least offer them and if the players feel awkward they can say no. JV said this summer he got a call from Kyle asking for his ring size. So the leader of our team thought JV deserved a ring and somewhere up the chain of command they changed paths.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Nav paid for his ring with 24 years of seasons tickets. Lol. That’s a PR move.

Seriously though, I’m royally pissed if they don’t give JV a ring. He contributed big-time to the championship season and playoff seeding. He was basically the bench scoring by himself, the first part of the season.
            If Navs a real superfan he give his ring to JV.

Comment

• A rare and unforced PR misstep from the Raps. And, also, the wrong move in my book especially JV.

Comment

My first thought was "it's the TO Sun I don't believe it". Just read the link and now I can't believe it.
                Didn't Kyle actually call JV and ask him if he'd accept one?

Moreland, Lin, Meeks and that random guy in a suit get championship rings. Hell, they gave one to the Hyundai salesman and flippin' drunky drake who hasn't been seen since the parade, got one.....

A shitload of ball boys and trainers get them.

And my understanding is that more than one team has given rings to guys that were traded in-season, contrary to what Webster said. Interesting that they didn't get a quote from teflon Masai....

I figured JV would get his to thunderous applause (imo). If not, it's a huge mistake by the normally classy Raptors. On this issue, they SUCK.

CHANGE YOUR MIND RAPTORS.
                Last edited by G__Deane; Sun Nov 17, 2019, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      They couldn't even give JV a replica ring with like cubic zirconium or something? It's the gesture, not the dollars here. FFS... even 20,000 fans got a ring.

Comment

• I'm fine with JV not getting a ring. He wasn't there in the playoffs which is what mattered. And I guess they did the research and teams don't generally give out rings to players who were not on the roster during the playoffs.

Comment

• The reality is this, 3 things:

1. Would the Raptors win the championship last year if they didn't trade for Gasol? the answer is no.

2. Is there a rule that I don't know about that if you win the championship, the players that got traded during that season should be given a ring? the answer is no.

3. Are Wright, CJ and JV Raptor legends? the answer is no.

So what are we complaining about here?

The ONLY thing that looks bad here is the Raptors somehow gave "superfan" a ring. I don't really know what he's done to deserve a ring, but if you're going to give that dude a ring then JV, Wright, CJ, Monroe, Malachi...all those guys deserves a ring as well.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                            The reality is this, 3 things:

1. Would the Raptors win the championship last year if they didn't trade for Gasol? the answer is no.

2. Is there a rule that I don't know about that if you win the championship, the players that got traded during that season should be given a ring? the answer is no.

3. Are Wright, CJ and JV Raptor legends? the answer is no.

So what are we complaining about here?

The ONLY thing that looks bad here is the Raptors somehow gave "superfan" a ring. I don't really know what he's done to deserve a ring, but if you're going to give that dude a ring then JV, Wright, CJ, Monroe, Malachi...all those guys deserves a ring as well.
                            JV is absolutely a raptors legend. He's the best center in franchise history

Riddle me this. Do the raptors win the championship if they dont have homecourt against the Warriors? Cause i think it very debatable. Part of the big reason we won was we took game 1 and confidence just grew from there. And delon, CJ and JV were big parts of getting us in the position to have homecourt vs the Warriors.

Comment

JV is absolutely a raptors legend. He's the best center in franchise history

Riddle me this. Do the raptors win the championship if they dont have homecourt against the Warriors? Cause i think it very debatable. Part of the big reason we won was we took game 1 and confidence just grew from there. And delon, CJ and JV were big parts of getting us in the position to have homecourt vs the Warriors.
                              You have a pretty low standard then. JV is no Raptor legend. The greatest C in franchise history is Davis.

Kawhi
                              Lowry
                              Vince
                              DeRozan
                              Bosh.

That's it. Those are the true Raptor legends. Damon is debatable and Siakam is slowly ascending to that level.

To answer your question, yes we still would've won. The Raptors beat the Warriors THREE times in Golden State.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

You have a pretty low standard then. JV is no Raptor legend. The greatest C in franchise history is Davis.

Kawhi
                                Lowry
                                Vince
                                DeRozan
                                Bosh.

That's it. Those are the true Raptor legends. Damon is debatable and Siakam is slowly ascending to that level.

To answer your question, yes we still would've won. The Raptors beat the Warriors THREE times in Golden State.
                                JV all time raptors ranking
                                Points-7th
                                Rebounds-2nd
                                Blocks-3rd
                                Games played-6th
                                Mins played-8th
                                He ranks above Davis in all those cats. Your a fool if you don't think he's the greatest raptors Center of all time. And in the very small minority who would not consider him a raptors legend.

Comment

Working...
                                X