Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here is my take on JV.

    - I think he's the best center we've ever had, but we've had a terrible history so you have take that with a grain of salt.
    - JV deserves credit for the title, but he wasn't there in the playoffs so shouldn't get a ring. Especially since teams don't do that (I thought they did, so learning something new every day).
    - This day and age it's only about what you do in the playoffs and not what you do in the regular season. This is a harsh truth, but the 82 games don't really matter and JV again wasn't there for the playoffs.
    - I think we would have still won with JV over Gasol. Marc was amazing to shut down Vucevic. With JV we would have won in 6 or 7 not 5, but we still would have won. We would have done as good of a job against Embiid. Giannis is the question mark for me, but Kawhi was the big difference maker to be honest. GSW folded once Klay went down. But truthfully we can debate this point forever, and we'll never know what would have happened.
    - I'm still happy we did the trade because we ended up with a chip.

    As for Nav.. that was a gesture to give to the fans.. the 2-3M that showed up to the parade. The crazy fans in Jurassic Park. Many who watched from home. Nav was the symbol that represents the Raptor fandom. So he gets a ring. Wish they gave one to Matt, Jack, Leo, and Jones too though.

    Comment


    • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

      JV all time raptors ranking
      Points-7th
      Rebounds-2nd
      Blocks-3rd
      Games played-6th
      Mins played-8th
      He ranks above Davis in all those cats. Your a fool if you don't think he's the greatest raptors Center of all time. And in the very small minority who would not consider him a raptors legend.
      LMAO you know why that is? because JV played 8 years in Toronto, Davis only played 4 years. It's like saying DeRozan > Carter because DeRozan has all the stats lol.

      Also, I don't remember Davis sitting on the bench in crunch games. JV is so great that he was always benched in the 4th.

      And lastly, All star appearance, Davis - 1 in 4 years, JV - 0 in 8 years.

      Who's the fool now?
      Mamba Mentality

      Comment


      • Apparently TSN agrees with me as well. Smart!

        JV #9, Davis #8.

        https://www.tsn.ca/the-25-greatest-r...nchise-history
        Mamba Mentality

        Comment


        • The Great One wrote: View Post

          LMAO you know why that is? because JV played 8 years in Toronto, Davis only played 4 years. It's like saying DeRozan > Carter because DeRozan has all the stats lol.

          Also, I don't remember Davis sitting on the bench in crunch games. JV is so great that he was always benched in the 4th.

          And lastly, All star appearance, Davis - 1 in 4 years, JV - 0 in 8 years.

          Who's the fool now?
          I think your one of the few who would rank davis over JV. I may be wrong but i think most raps fans see JV as the best center and big part of a program that was consistently making the playoffs. And davis played for the raptors 5 and half season, JV played for 6 and a half. Davis all star seaon he averaged 13.7 pts and 10.1 Rebs, Thats a pretty weak All-star selection. We may just have a different value of all-time raptors cause yes i do have derozen> Carter.
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

          Comment


          • The Great One wrote: View Post
            Apparently TSN agrees with me as well. Smart!

            JV #9, Davis #8.

            https://www.tsn.ca/the-25-greatest-r...nchise-history
            I think you have proven with your Jokic take that your evaluation of centers is sub-par.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

            Comment


            • Antonio Davis was only good for like 2 seasons, the rest he was underwhelming.

              JV over Davis.

              Comment


              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                I think you have proven with your Jokic take that your evaluation of centers is sub-par.
                What does Jokic have to do with this? lol

                And yes nothing's changed, Embiid >>>>> Jokic.
                Mamba Mentality

                Comment


                • The Great One wrote: View Post

                  What does Jokic have to do with this? lol

                  And yes nothing's changed, Embiid >>>>> Jokic.
                  Your original take was that jokic was no where near embiids level. Don't cherry pick where it works for your argument. Like davis 4 season to valancunias 8. when in reality its 5 half to 6 and half
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                  Comment


                  • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                    Your original take was that jokic was no where near embiids level. Don't cherry pick where it works for your argument. Like davis 4 season to valancunias 8. when in reality its 5 half to 6 and half
                    Still nowhere near Embiid's level.

                    The Denver Nuggets will never win a championship or even get to the WCF with Jokic as the guy. Because he's not that guy.
                    Mamba Mentality

                    Comment


                    • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

                      JV is absolutely a raptors legend. He's the best center in franchise history

                      Riddle me this. Do the raptors win the championship if they dont have homecourt against the Warriors? Cause i think it very debatable. Part of the big reason we won was we took game 1 and confidence just grew from there. And delon, CJ and JV were big parts of getting us in the position to have homecourt vs the Warriors.
                      We did win all of the road games. I don't really care either way. If they would've given them rings = cool, no rings = cool with me too. It was a hard line that they drew and made sense to me.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                      Comment


                      • I want to remind berta that the Denver Nuggets lost to the Portland Trail Blazers in the playoffs last year. That same Blazers team got swept by the KD-less Warriors lol.

                        As for Embiid, if not for Kawhi's buzzer beater in Game 7, we'd probably be talking about the Sixers as the defending champions.

                        Embiid >>> Jokic. It's not really close lol.
                        Mamba Mentality

                        Comment


                        • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                          I don't know...if you would've looked weird at the parade. You prolly shouldn't get the ring.
                          So Kawhi shouldn't get a ring?
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • The Great One wrote: View Post
                            I want to remind berta that the Denver Nuggets lost to the Portland Trail Blazers in the playoffs last year. That same Blazers team got swept by the KD-less Warriors lol.

                            As for Embiid, if not for Kawhi's buzzer beater in Game 7, we'd probably be talking about the Sixers as the defending champions.

                            Embiid >>> Jokic. It's not really close lol.
                            Once again flawed argument style. Both teams were 1 game away from the conference finals. They made it the same distance in each confrence. Your willing to gift the sixers a title but unwilling to concede that things may have happened differently if denver advanced. Who would have been a much tougher matchup for GS. Embiid also played with 2 other all stars and was playing 2nd fiddle to Butler that series.

                            Jokic averaged 27, 14 and 8 in the portland series.
                            Embiid averaged 17, 8 and 3 vs toronto
                            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

                            Comment


                            • Well one thing is for sure, neither embiid or jokic are getting one of those rings.

                              Comment


                              • bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                                Looks like the league took notice...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X