Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm fine with JV not getting a ring. He wasn't there in the playoffs which is what mattered. And I guess they did the research and teams don't generally give out rings to players who were not on the roster during the playoffs.
    Just another way the Raptors could have stood out as a model franchise that goes out of their way to be different and value players contributions. They mis-stepped in doodoo on this one.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

Looks like the league took notice...

BTW if they are already there they should test Lebron & D. Howard, there is no way 2 dudes in their mid 30's at this size can still move like that without a little help.

Maybe Gasol should ask them...

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
        I want to remind berta that the Denver Nuggets lost to the Portland Trail Blazers in the playoffs last year. That same Blazers team got swept by the KD-less Warriors lol.

As for Embiid, if not for Kawhi's buzzer beater in Game 7, we'd probably be talking about the Sixers as the defending champions.

Embiid >>> Jokic. It's not really close lol.
        Damn this guy is delusional, it's almost as if he's living in a parallel dimension and is experiencing the same things differently.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

BTW if they are already there they should test Lebron & D. Howard, there is no way 2 dudes in their mid 30's at this size can still move like that without a little help.

Maybe Gasol should ask them...
          Gasol needs a body transplant at this stage...

Comment

• Traded players like Varejao have been offered rings, it wouldn't even be breaking ground.

The Raps were 23-7 when JV played last year. They ended up with home court in 3 of 4 rounds, including having Finals home court by 1 win plus the tie break.

I'd say everybody who contributed last year was part of the championship season. I mean JV puts up numbers in 23 wins and doesn't get a ring but end of the bench guys in the post season, who contributed nothing on court, do? If the argument is "the guys who contributed get one," then that doesn't add up. Just make it guys who were on the 2018-19 roster get one. The regular season matters.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Gasol needs a body transplant at this stage...
              All I'm asking is for Gasol to at least play like last season, setting the bar quite low.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                Traded players like Varejao have been offered rings, it wouldn't even be breaking ground.

The Raps were 23-7 when JV played last year. They ended up with home court in 3 of 4 rounds, including having Finals home court by 1 win plus the tie break.

I'd say everybody who contributed last year was part of the championship season. I mean JV puts up numbers in 23 wins and doesn't get a ring but end of the bench guys in the post season, who contributed nothing on court, do? If the argument is "the guys who contributed get one," then that doesn't add up. Just make it guys who were on the 2018-19 roster get one. The regular season matters.
                If we don't have home court, I doubt we get by the Sixers or Warriors. There was no way we were losing that 1st game of the NBA Finals with the amount of passion in that building. That set the tone for the whole series. Every fraction of a win share that JV provided helped us get to that point.

Comment

• On another topic DeMar had a nice night. Poor guy has been getting raked over the coals by Spurs fans. Still he's up to 51.8% from the field which is pretty solid (57.5%TS).

It's a shame people can't appreciate the things he does well and instead focus on his shortcomings. He nearly willed the Spurs to a W tonight. They just had no answer for Luka.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

There was no way we were losing that 1st game of the NBA Finals with the amount of passion in that building.
                    This logic simply does not jive with the history of the Toronto Raptors.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

Damn this guy is delusional, it's almost as if he's living in a parallel dimension and is experiencing the same things differently.
                      Lol delusional for speaking facts? you're the one who sounds delusional to me. Like every post you make you have nothing. You're exposing yourself for being a hypocrite and a phony. Dumb move on your part.
                      Last edited by The Great One; Tue Nov 19, 2019, 12:44 PM.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Lou gives a shout out to DeMar/Kyle/Amir and Chuck as he believes they saved him from retiring out of the NBA. Plus he insinuates that the Raptors dropped him because of his "lifestyle".

Comment

• I guess lifestyle is the new word for defense?
                          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                            I guess lifestyle is the new word for defense?
                            Or throwing bricks come playoffs time.

Comment

Or throwing bricks come playoffs time.
                              To be fair, the whole team was throwing bricks come playoff time. Casey finally took the fall for that.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

Lol delusional for speaking facts? you're the one who sounds delusional to me. Like every post you make you have nothing. You're exposing yourself for being a hypocrite and a phony. Dumb move on your part.
                                Simply not trying to sugarcoat your poor contributions to this board as they're sorry (not sorry) but delusional as if you're following fantasy basketball news and then stating that it's the truth, facts, and the only reasonable opinion. Your history of being out of touch with reality doesn't help as I had my fair share of time (7 years to be exact) trying to justify you either being very young or simply out of touch with common sense (again sorry, not sorry). Unfortunately, it's probably the later as you had 7 years to mature and you're behind schedule it seems.

Comment

Working...
                                X