Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slaw
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Jonas Valanciunas is having another good year and is only 28 - same age as Chris Boucher. His rebounding numbers keep going up (big man in a small leauge?), he's getting 4 ORB/game now and this entire Raptors roster gets 9. Crazy that this guy has basically not figured into anyone's long term plans since his first couple years in the league.

    17&13 in 28 mpg. Not sure Memphis wants him, but they need him.

    Would have been a perennial all-star at any point in NBA history up to the past 10 years.
    15 straight double-doubles.

    The problem continues to be defensively. Good teams put him and Morant in pick and roll and it's basically a guaranteed basket. I actually think Memphis should explore having him guard a shooter instead of the big and make offenses get out of their comfort 1/5 and 1/4 screen and rolls - apparently, they did this against the Bulls.

    Leave a comment:


  • G__Deane
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Jonas Valanciunas is having another good year and is only 28 - same age as Chris Boucher. His rebounding numbers keep going up (big man in a small leauge?), he's getting 4 ORB/game now and this entire Raptors roster gets 9. Crazy that this guy has basically not figured into anyone's long term plans since his first couple years in the league.

    17&13 in 28 mpg. Not sure Memphis wants him, but they need him.

    Would have been a perennial all-star at any point in NBA history up to the past 10 years.
    Wish he was still here, a good dude and teammate as well.

    Elsewhere:
    Nuggets' Jamal Murray to undergo MRI after knee injury against Warriors

    and

    Curry passes Chamberlain for most points in Warriors history

    At least the Knicks beat the hated lakers

    Leave a comment:


  • S.R.
    replied
    Jonas Valanciunas is having another good year and is only 28 - same age as Chris Boucher. His rebounding numbers keep going up (big man in a small leauge?), he's getting 4 ORB/game now and this entire Raptors roster gets 9. Crazy that this guy has basically not figured into anyone's long term plans since his first couple years in the league.

    17&13 in 28 mpg. Not sure Memphis wants him, but they need him.

    Would have been a perennial all-star at any point in NBA history up to the past 10 years.

    Leave a comment:


  • S.R.
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post



    He was never the guy of Nick Nurse, shorter leash with little room to make mistakes. His offseason indiscretion and lack of judgment if it was true didnt help his cause.

    But the guy showed some flashes during his rookie season (was even considered to represent the Raptors in the ASG all rookie team) and in some games that he was given significant minutes but the number of DNPs may have a psychological impact to his overall development.

    I hope he can recover.
    Ah, I disagree. The guy got 17 mpg and pretty regular run as a rookie on a team winning 70% of its games last year. That's a lot of leash. He showed flashes and guys like Davis and Matt Thomas were slotted in to be key rotation pieces this season and they all (inc. Baynes, etc.) to varying degrees underperformed and lost their jobs.

    I mean can anyone who watched Davis play this year honestly argue for more minutes? He made boneheaded mistakes constantly, at both ends. Looked like he was trying to be Jamal Crawford on offence only with airballs instead of buckets and he was worse on defence than he should have been with his athleticism.

    Btw he's only getting slightly more run in Sacto (another bad team) right now than he did in Toronto. Doesn't look like NN was out to lunch or anything.

    Leave a comment:


  • The Great One
    replied
    "Not clutch"


    Leave a comment:


  • guyroch
    replied
    Getting flashbacks of Vince ... Remember when VC stopped dunking and now Blake is throwing down monster dunks

    (55) Blake Griffin Murders Entire Pelicans With Amazing Poster DunkBuzzer Beater ! - YouTube

    Leave a comment:


  • MixxAOR
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post



    He was never the guy of Nick Nurse, shorter leash with little room to make mistakes. His offseason indiscretion and lack of judgment if it was true didnt help his cause.

    But the guy showed some flashes during his rookie season (was even considered to represent the Raptors in the ASG all rookie team) and in some games that he was given significant minutes but the number of DNPs may have a psychological impact to his overall development.

    I hope he can recover.
    lol so hes mental midget

    Leave a comment:


  • The Claw Reborn
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Davis follows up with beastly 1 point game vs Detroit in 16 minutes and 3 point game (1-8 shooting) vs Wolves in 18 min.
    The combination of NBA minutes, daily routine, feedback from coaches, health, accountability from the organization, & a little luck is what makes or breaks a career of a young NBA player.
    He was never the guy of Nick Nurse, shorter leash with little room to make mistakes. His offseason indiscretion and lack of judgment if it was true didnt help his cause.

    But the guy showed some flashes during his rookie season (was even considered to represent the Raptors in the ASG all rookie team) and in some games that he was given significant minutes but the number of DNPs may have a psychological impact to his overall development.

    I hope he can recover.

    Leave a comment:


  • MixxAOR
    replied
    Davis follows up with beastly 1 point game vs Detroit in 16 minutes and 3 point game (1-8 shooting) vs Wolves in 18 min.

    Leave a comment:


  • guyroch
    replied
    TheWaterboy wrote: View Post

    Aside from the obligatory "everyone plays better against the other team's second string", it's worth noting that a) there's not a lot of time to get Drummond familiar with the Lakers' (healthy) players, and b) the Lakers are likely treating Drummond's time as a potential audition for an MLE contract for a longer term period with their current core. Gasol is not nearly as much of an asset to their current core, even if he's playing well, as Drummond will be, just because of his age and his lower ceiling at this point.
    It shouldn't matter .. It may come down to match ups and Gasol in the playoffs maybe more effective against certain styles of Centers . Gasol made Boston's centre look like a HOF'er in last years playoffs

    Leave a comment:


  • TheWaterboy
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Gasol playing better recently because he doesn’t want to lose his starting position to Drummond. Lol.




    Aside from the obligatory "everyone plays better against the other team's second string", it's worth noting that a) there's not a lot of time to get Drummond familiar with the Lakers' (healthy) players, and b) the Lakers are likely treating Drummond's time as a potential audition for an MLE contract for a longer term period with their current core. Gasol is not nearly as much of an asset to their current core, even if he's playing well, as Drummond will be, just because of his age and his lower ceiling at this point.

    Leave a comment:


  • G__Deane
    replied
    Jonas Valanciunas had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Kyle Anderson finished with 19 points and Desmond Bane added 15 points for the Grizzlies, who won their third straight (over Miami last night)

    Leave a comment:


  • golden
    replied
    Gasol playing better recently because he doesn’t want to lose his starting position to Drummond. Lol.









    Leave a comment:


  • Dvdvideo
    replied
    Kind of reminded me of Terrance Ross, huge ceiling, but seems unlikely he will make it thier now......

    Leave a comment:


  • Maury
    replied
    I was disappointed to see TD go because he really does have a lot of upside but I'm guessing, as others have mentioned, his IQ and defensive effort/ability were severely limiting factors. It's too bad, though, because his versatility on offense is really exciting and he's got the tools to be a great defender. I think Masai and Nurse just wanted to kick the can down the road and get another couple of shots at these second-round pick guys because, frankly, Nurse seemed to be done with both of them for better or for worse.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X