Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors who are still playing Alumni thread ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Simmons had the re-draftables draft of class of 2006 and Lowry came in 1st . How ironic is the Raptors did have the 1st overall pick but picked Bargnani .

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
      Bill Simmons had the re-draftables draft of class of 2006 and Lowry came in 1st . How ironic is the Raptors did have the 1st overall pick but picked Bargnani .
      Yeah I heard some of that podcast as well. Only one of the guys picked Lowry first.. the other two (including Bill) would have taken him second after Aldridge. Lowry's issue was that he wasn't that great early on in his career. The first 8-9 years weren't star caliber years at all. But he made up for it in his later years. And the championship really helps.

I still think we should have taken Roy even though he only played about 4-5 years. He and Bosh together would have been so much fun.

I was hoping for Roy or Gay. Bargnani was a bad pick even before hindsight.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I heard some of that podcast as well. Only one of the guys picked Lowry first.. the other two (including Bill) would have taken him second after Aldridge. Lowry's issue was that he wasn't that great early on in his career. The first 8-9 years weren't star caliber years at all. But he made up for it in his later years. And the championship really helps.

I still think we should have taken Roy even though he only played about 4-5 years. He and Bosh together would have been so much fun.

I was hoping for Roy or Gay. Bargnani was a bad pick even before hindsight.

They did talk about Rudy Gay and didn't mention how the Raptors season took off after Rudy Gay was traded … They did mention how the Grizz had
        their best success after trading Rudy Gay .

Comment

• Too lazy to look up the Everything Danny Green thread so I'll plunk this here. Our boy DG just got engaged. It's on TMZ so must be true:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/15/nba-d...ngeles-lakers/

Comment

Working...
          X